Infineon Raceway on GT6?

• Thread starter mcalva98
  • 33 comments
I don't understand? in reality, companies are fawning over advertising space on cars and tracks; but in a video game developers need to seek them out and negotiate rights?

I had always thought that PD would be getting money from these companies for having their name on the virtual circuits.

Either way, rights are negotiated whether it's companies approaching cars for advertising space or if developers approaching companies to use their name. I don't know exactly what happened in the background, as I was not privy to the dealings between PD and Infineon. It's entirely possible for Infineon to decide that they don't want their logo to be used at all because they don't see the value of this game. Either way, it would just be us speculating. :indiff:

That is most likely not the case. Look at the number of sponsor logos on the NASCAR, Super GT, VLN, and the Le Mans cars of years past in GT4 and GT5. It's just unreasonable to think that PD would go to every sponsoring company (including Microsoft) and getting permission to use their logos, nevermind paying them also.

I would imagine that infineon went to PD and asked to have their logo removed/censored for whatever reason.

Fair point, and you may be right, licensing could be done at the organization level (ie. all logos as applied on cars and car designs are licensed out by NASCAR/Le Mans/F1 etc.), with individual companies and sponsors having the right to opt out or something.

Both layouts were in GT4, I would love to see them return for GT6.

There's actually a third layout that seems to be the default now, too. It's in SimRaceway, if anybody wants to try it. It includes the steep downhill left-hander that the NASCAR layout skips, but takes a different, straighter path through the esses than the GT4 version, and then doesn't go all the way down to the hairpin with all the sponsor signs by the pit entrance, instead looping traffic across the former infield onto the pit straight right after the esses.

Takumi Fujiwara
There's actually a third layout that seems to be the default now, too. It's in SimRaceway, if anybody wants to try it. It includes the steep downhill left-hander that the NASCAR layout skips, but takes a different, straighter path through the esses than the GT4 version, and then doesn't go all the way down to the hairpin with all the sponsor signs by the pit entrance, instead looping traffic across the former infield onto the pit straight right after the esses.

Is that not the IndyCar layout?

I think there are two versions with the carousel, one for bikes and one for cars in addition to the stock car layout.
Long course, AMA course which bypasses the esses and adds a chicane in their stead and the NASCAR layout. Oops, and the Indy course, which bypasses the long hairpin.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back