(International) Scout returning as a VW EV brand

• Thread starter L8 Apex
  • 30 comments
I'm still pissed it's a VW. I also find it amusing that they're using Rivian-educated programming to make it work. What I've read is that they're not actually purchasing or using anything directly from Rivian, they just learned an awful lot through their investment.

That said, they're stunning. I prefer the SUV to the pickup and I think it's got incredible levels of retrofuturism in the design. It's so good that I feel like Ford is suddenly pissed they'll have to tweak the Bronco's facelift. While the Rivian trucks are great in their own right, and I think Rivian will eventually create their own design legacy, this thing absolutely resembles a Scout 2 while adding some new and unique elements. They look more purposeful than Rivians, though not necessarily as useful or clever. But then again, Rivian pass-through vs Scout range-extender is a hefty decision to make. Crazy thing is, Rivian could probably develop a self-contained range-extending generator that fits within that compartment. My only complaint about this truck is they seem to be putting K03 tires on it - the BFG K0 family is not known for good wet weather traction at all and is especially poor at braking. I haven't seen updated reviews on whether the K03 is better but the K02 needed massive improvements in wet weather.

I still hate VW's EV effort overall but this thing is rad.

Back