Is GT7 fast becoming the worst of the GT Series?

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 882 comments
No way is GT7 less "grindy" than 5 or 6 during their time.
It depends what you want to do with the game. There's an incentive to buy all the cars from GT7, it's clearly the main goal of the game. If you want to do the same with GT5 or 6, well... good luck wit that.

It depends what you want to do with the game. There's an incentive to buy all the cars from GT7, it's clearly the main goal of the game. If you want to do the same with GT5 or 6, well... good luck wit that.
when 5 and 6 were active games you'd have better luck with the car collecting than you have with GT7. By a considerable margin...

Last edited:
GT7 is the best in the franchise and I've played them all. The early iterations had some things they perhaps did better than GT7 but as an overall package, GT7 is the winner for me.
If for no other reason (and there are plenty) it's because they got rid of the whole lot of "standard cars" and included a cockpit view on all real world cars.

Well, GT6 feels like "another" version of GT5. I don't recall correctly its online features, but yes I understand your statement.
What I really don't like about the game is the car dealership. The way the cars are showed is kinda "cheap", especially in comparison with GT5.
The whole game feels cheap in way too many areas: Presentation, menu designs, the way they just simply threw all cars in the dealerships, the events. It feels like it was missing at least another year of polishing. It doesn't feel like a complete game, it feels more like a beta. That's my main issue with it.

GT7 and GT6 are the worst games in the series. Remember GT fans were suggesting that GT6 must have been outsourced it was so bad. It is not any better or worse than GT7. Only GT2,3 and 4 are really good games and with online gaming meaning no bother over single player means we are going to have the same conversation when GT8 drops.

GT7 may not be the best in terms of career and gameplay historically but it's a lot better than Forza Motorsport, and that's before we get to the feeling of the game on a controller. It's worse than Forza Horizon 5, which puzzles me as that's supposed to be the more "arcadey" game. It falls hilariously short with the physics, sounds and graphics, blunting the entire sensory experience. GT7 does everything better and I therefore rate it very highly, further disputing the title of this thread. It's the best.

GT7 is not even a Proper GT Title... It has a lot of things missing; Proper Career(GT League), B-Spec, Seasonal Events, I know there are now the Weekly Challenges BUT you can't compere them...

GT7 is not even a Proper GT Title... It has a lot of things missing; Proper Career(GT League), B-Spec, Seasonal Events, I know there are now the Weekly Challenges BUT you can't compere them...
Well there were arguments that GT Sport wasn't a proper Gran Turismo because it didn't have a number. GT uh seven has a number. Still not a proper Gran Turismo?
Just saying I guess Kaz didn't feel any Gran Turismo without a number wasn't a proper Gran Turismo title.
The first Gran Turismo games didn't have B-Spec, course creator, Seasonals and Sport Mode. I'll add there wasn't a livery editor even though Racing Modification was available. GT7 has pretty much everything except B-Spec and Course Creator. It does have point paying Championships(which do require certain licences to progress). Not in the way many people would like, but Championships are in the game.

I had played GT Sport to death, and so much of GT7 feels familiar, or is even identical to GT Sport which is where I think some of the disappointment stems.

At first glance it's impressive as top level menus have been refreshed, like a facelifted legacy model in a manufacturers lineup, but poke around under the bonnet and the sub menus, online races plus the tracks and cars are largely copied and pasted from GT Sport.

While it makes sense not to throw out all the existing hard work the ratio of new to old content makes GT7 feel like a continuation of GT Sport instead of a fresh new game.

With this latest update, I put this game above GT5, GT6 and GT Sport without batting an eye. Is it a better experience than GT1 or GT2? It's a pretty close call. The hierarchy would look something like this:

GT4 > GT3 > GT7 > GT2 > GT1 > GTS > GT6 > GT5 > GTPSP

Pre-1.49 update, I'd put GT7 just behind GT1.

Jerome

Last edited:
While it makes sense not to throw out all the existing hard work the ratio of new to old content makes GT7 feel like a continuation of GT Sport instead of a fresh new game.
Or what the game always should've been from the beginning.

Gt7 have also become kind of my favorite in the series, yes the single player experince is not as good as it use to be, but as an overall pakage gt7 still takes it,

The reason i keep coming back to it is also for how much better it sounds campared to previous titles. Before gt sport the sounds was absolutly terrible.
Gt7 has done a good job on the sounds for the most part.

Gt7 goes more in depth with upgrades that changes the sound more in depth than ever before, witch is something i really value.

The details to the car models is insane just love it

Psvr2 support,

Dynamic wheather is fantastic.

The driving feel is also the best its ever been,

It misses some cars i would like, but i rather wait for them in proper quality than getting something just half decent.

Pd has up their game in many aspects. Hopefully that quality will go on and be more refined as we go on.

Latest Posts

Back