Is it Possible to save my GT data and 400 cars, after a corrupted file error?

United States
United States
Since I need to be online to even drive a race with a car of my choosing, GT and PlayStation are more aware of my game than I am. I was just congratulated by the game yesterday for getting more than 400 cars,,, that same day out of nowhere while driving a race, my file corrupted, and I now will have 0 cars if I cannot save my data. I cannot restart my PS4 console unless I reinstall the PS4 software. I only drive GT7. The only other game I have is TEKKEN for bowling. I needed to have a PlayStation account to even have GT or drive it at all. Surely there must be a way a snapshot can be taken of my progress so I don't lose everything with my reinstall. I think the highest level is 50 and I've been there for two months. But I spent over $400 million dollars on cars and over $40 million on the tunings. I will do the manual external back up periodically in the future if that will somehow work... Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated...

This is apparently all that's left of my game. And when I create a new user and account after the reinstall that will all be gone too I imagine... I just don't understand what the online connection is if they can't even recall what I did yesterday even though there's record of it there going back three months...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 6.58.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 6.58.12 PM.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 6.58.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 6.58.29 PM.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 2
Surely there must be a way a snapshot can be taken of my progress so I don't lose everything with my reinstall.
Your progress is not saved locally. Why else would a connection be needed for playing the game?

You're more than free to reinstall. :)

Last edited:
This is apparently all that's left of my game. And when I create a new user and account after the reinstall that will all be gone too I imagine... I just don't understand what the online connection is if they can't even recall what I did yesterday even though there's record of it there going back three months...
You don't need a new account. Just log into your account the game save should be there for you.

Do you have more than one Playstation? I you log into one it will log you out of the other. Go back to the other and you would be logged in again.

Your progress is not saved locally. Why else would a connection be needed for playing the game?

You're more than free to reinstall. :)
If I'm not connected to the Internet, I only get one race and one crappy car. So since PS and GT are literally aware of what I've done more than I am. It just seems like it would be ridiculously easy to give me my 400 cars and tunings back. Apparently all I get to take with me is my experience. I saw someone saying they went to GT7 save data feature... Does that come with the PlayStation subscription or something?? Because I don't have that feature anywhere near my GT seven profile...

But that's not how it works at all. It's the same for everyone; if you don't have internet, you don't have all the content in GT7.

No internet; limited GT7 experience. That's just how it is. You'll have to accept it. :indiff:

Last edited:
You don't need a new account. Just log into your account the game save should be there for you.

Do you have more than one Playstation? I you log into one it will log you out of the other. Go back to the other and you would be logged in again.
Yeah I don't see any feature where the words game and save appear anywhere near each other. I don't have a PlayStation subscription or a plus account. So apparently I need one of those in order to save my game. And if I don't have it already do you assume there's a remote chance any of my data will be there?

Yeah I don't see any feature where the words game and save appear anywhere near each other. I don't have a PlayStation subscription or a plus account. So apparently I need one of those in order to save my game. And if I don't have it already do you assume there's a remote chance any of my data will be there?
What are you talking about?

Once you're offline, you don't have the access to your save file. It will be waiting there until you can connect again.

Last edited:
Since I need to be online to even drive a race with a car of my choosing, GT and PlayStation are more aware of my game than I am. I was just congratulated by the game yesterday for getting more than 400 cars,,, that same day out of nowhere while driving a race, my file corrupted, and I now will have 0 cars if I cannot save my data. I cannot restart my PS4 console unless I reinstall the PS4 software. I only drive GT7. The only other game I have is TEKKEN for bowling. I needed to have a PlayStation account to even have GT or drive it at all. Surely there must be a way a snapshot can be taken of my progress so I don't lose everything with my reinstall. I think the highest level is 50 and I've been there for two months. But I spent over $400 million dollars on cars and over $40 million on the tunings. I will do the manual external back up periodically in the future if that will somehow work... Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated...

You won't lose anything with the reinstallation. Once you've connected back to the internet your save file will be loaded from PD's servers and you can resume your game play unhindered.

What are you talking about?

Once you're offline, you don't have the access to your save file. It will be waiting there until you can connect again.
I'm not talking about being off-line and I'm just simply saying that since I have to be online to play at all,,, somewhere there is an extensive record of all my playing, every car I bought and all my tunings. That limited page on the GT7 site is all I'm able to access anywhere about my racing or progress.

I'm not talking about being off-line and I'm just simply saying that since I have to be online to play at all,,, somewhere there is an extensive record of all my playing, every car I bought and all my tunings. That limited page on the GT7 site is all I'm able to access anywhere about my racing or progress.
As I already told you, reinstalling the game won't wipe your save. And more to the point, you simply can't access your save without being connected to the internet.

Last edited:
You won't lose anything with the reinstallation. Once you've connected back to the internet your save file will be loaded from PD's servers and you can resume your game play unhindered.
so then I can disregard this warning?

Attachments

• 449393380_1459033838080614_1457189578488984417_n.jpg
    449393380_1459033838080614_1457189578488984417_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 8
As I already told you, reinstalling the game won't wipe your save. And more to the point, you simply can't access your save without being connected to the internet.
thats totally what I've been hoping, but the only saves I'm aware of are somewhere in my hard drive... Though since I play everything online I've figured and hoped something external can save my ass right now...

thats totally what I've been hoping, but the only saves I'm aware of are somewhere in my hard drive... Though since I play everything online I've figured and hoped something external can save my ass right now...
I thought it would be pretty bad design to have the save file lying around locally, when you need to be connected to the internet in the first place. So don't be paranoid, just reinstall and enjoy GT7 whenever you have the opportunity 👍

The connection requirement sucks, but I assume it's there to prevent cheating/exploits, and it's the same for everyone.

I was thinking I have to put my gran turismo dvds back in my PS4 and reload them entirely,,, Tekken I bought online,,, so when I do that I'll just log back into my account instead of making a new one in my game will pop in magically??

Truth my friend... Thank you for helping to allay my fears. Hitting the reinstall button is always a tense and uncertain moment...

Attachments

• GT7  SAVE PROOF.jpeg
    GT7 SAVE PROOF.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 5
Back