Is this a good buy?

• Thread starter Borna12345
  • 40 comments
You should get a power supply like this. It may be a 300W PSU but it's a dual 12V rail unit which will have enough power for the system. You should remember that the cpu takes 77watts , gpu only needs 29watts, and the hard drive and DVD drive won't take more than the GPU itself. It's plenty of power for your build and will be stable(I've heard some good stuff about "be quiet!").

You should get a power supply like this. It may be a 300W PSU but it's a dual 12V rail unit which will have enough power for the system. You should remember that the cpu takes 77watts , gpu only needs 29watts, and the hard drive and DVD drive won't take more than the GPU itself. It's plenty of power for your build and will be stable(I've heard some good stuff about "be quiet!").

But what if he wants to upgrade his GPU to a more powerful one later on? His choices will be limited with that one.

But what if he wants to upgrade his GPU to a more powerful one later on? His choices will be limited with that one.

True but from what he has told us so far, he won't need it. He has not told us if he wants the graphics power and knowing he choose a GT 520, that's a sign that it will be used for light graphics.

True but from what he has told us so far, he won't need it. He has not told us if he wants the graphics power and knowing he choose a GT 520, that's a sign that it will be used for light graphics.

Ah okay then, looks like his shopping list is done. :)

Yep that's about it. I think I'll go with slightly more power than 300W, 350W, namely this PSU. Just in case I upgrade graphics later on. (very probable)

Well for consideration, you can consider a GPU like an HD 7770 as a upgrade in the future. But note that it will be the max the PSU will support(no overclocking with the 350W PSU of course) since it has a 6+2 PCI-E connector.

I checked my PSU online and it's 400W. Will I be able to run this setup with it?
BTW, I changed the motherboard to Micro ATX, this one in particular. The CPU remains unchanged (Intel i5-3450), GPU too (Nvidia GT 520[crap, I know]), 80 GB Seagate ST380811AS and 4GB od 401MHz DDR3 Kingston RAM.
Can I run it with 400W?

Do you have an ATX case or MATX sized case? How old is it?

By the way your Kingston ram is 1333MHz, not 401MHz.

If you want a new case and PSU, this is a good deal I would say:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0057A7R22/

It has USB 3.0 port at the front too and the PSU, which is quite decent for one that comes free with the case at such a low price. Most places have good reviews for it.

Never buy such a thing. I never trust a case with a high power PSU for such a cheap price. Cases with power supplies are icky. I don't know LC-Power but I tend to stay away from a cheap deal on a case and power supply(and seriously a 600W PSU with the case for $58[Converted to USD]. That deal just screams that they went cheap somewhere).

It seems, from my limited knowledge of German, they went cheap on the packaging. :lol:
But yep, there must be something fishy there.
BTW, what are the differences between Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate?

Well here is the Microsoft page to compare. I personally don't think you'll need that ultimate. Another reason why you'd want professional or ultimate is if you use more than 16GB of ram. And yeah, my Silverstone 600W PSU cost me $60 and my computer case cost me $60 too. I wouldn't even touch that deal with a 10ft stick.

Back