Is this car rare?

I have just bought a car in the used car line,atoyoyta sprinter tureno GT-apex(AE86)shuichi shigeno version i thought it looked odd, and i never saw it before :dunce:so i have no idea if it is realy anything cool. :ill:And i paid 34grand for it

It is fairly rare ... not unbuyable, but not available all the time. It's a highrevving version of the standard trueno and really cool in my opinion. 👍

Regards
the Interceptor

it's always cool to have as many cars as possible (different cars, duh)... the Shigeno version is semi-rare...

It's rare-ish. It get much more common towards the end of the 700 day cycle though.
I think it's a pretty good car (and not just for drifting). Get the race clutch and gearbox for it though, stock has quite wide gears and pretty slow shifts.

what about a sileighty i had 1 for a long time now, i was using it in japan 90s race,then i was gonna sell it,soi wanna know if u should keep it or sell it 👍

You get the Sileighty from winning the Silvia race in the Nissan dealer races. It also pops up in the late 90's yard. Considering you can win it REALLY easily I wouldn't class it as being rare.

this car has all the power at the very high rev range but it also has none at the low and middle range. When you finally get up to the high rev range, the power all comes out and wheel spin occurs.

Flerbizky
Sprinter Trueno... Never heard of it... Is it anything like the AE-86 ?...

The AE86 is just a chassis designation. The U.S. is the Corolla, and Japan is the Sprinter Trueno(pop-up headlights) and the Levin(standard square headlights). The model years for these cars are from 1984 to 1987. The "rare" version that's been in the game is the S.S. Version, inspired from it's appearance in the Initial D anime. There have been threads here that talked of this car before.

Great car in GT3.. glad to see it back in GT4.. Slippery little bugger, deceptively fast. Tune it right and it scoots around tight tracks better than most.

dropzone
The AE86 is just a chassis designation. The U.S. is the Corolla, and Japan is the Sprinter Trueno(pop-up headlights) and the Levin(standard square headlights). The model years for these cars are from 1984 to 1987. The "rare" version that's been in the game is the S.S. Version, inspired from it's appearance in the Initial D anime. There have been threads here that talked of this car before.

If I had a dollar for every time I've read that information, I could buy a premium membership.

Not against you or anything, but that information gets around a lot. People need to get a PSA or something.

The Shuichi Shigeno version of the Trueno is an overlooked masterpiece of tuning to enter in the Motegi 8hr enduro, against the other tuners. It yields a healthy A-spec points yield along with a close-ish race against the right field. Didn't have to do anything to it, not even an oil change!
Been there, done it, and have the T-shirt. Result is in the thread linked in my signature :D For 34 grand you got a bargain! Enjoy it! :sly:

As for the SilEighty, it is purchasable in one of the used car lots, 10 times during the 100 week cycle between these days:-
106 - 112
155 - 161
183 - 189
274 - 280
295 - 301
316 - 322
470 - 476
519 - 525
547 - 553 Lowest mileage used model, 19,602.6 miles, 14,871Cr.
575 - 581

I've posted this same link over & over but the more times, the more people will use it and stop having to ask these questions!:lol:
Click here. Download filterable Excel spreadsheet. It'll tell you which used car is available when, how many miles it has and what it'll cost you, amongst other things. Its also sortable to show what days the cars will be available in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc cycles by changing the cycle number in the top left corner. Really cool. Thanks again to TornadoAlley for this. 👍 Please, please, please use it. :P
It'll also show very clearly in a column marked "occurences" how often the car is available throughout the 100 weeks cycle, so it makes finding the rarest cars easy to spot. The S.S. Sprinter Trueno with 17 appearances isn't that rare really.

Smallhorses
The Shuichi Shigeno version of the Trueno is an overlooked masterpiece of tuning to enter in the Motegi 8hr enduro, against the other tuners. It yields a healthy A-spec points yield along with a close-ish race against the right field. Didn't have to do anything to it, not even an oil change!
Been there, done it, and have the T-shirt. Result is in the thread linked in my signature :D For 34 grand you got a bargain! Enjoy it! :sly:

As for the SilEighty, it is purchasable in one of the used car lots, 10 times during the 100 week cycle between these days:-
106 - 112
155 - 161
183 - 189
274 - 280
295 - 301
316 - 322
470 - 476
519 - 525
547 - 553 Lowest mileage used model, 19,602.6 miles, 14,871Cr.
575 - 581

I've posted this same link over & over but the more times, the more people will use it and stop having to ask these questions!:lol:
Click here. Download filterable Excel spreadsheet. It'll tell you which used car is available when, how many miles it has and what it'll cost you, amongst other things. Its also sortable to show what days the cars will be available in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc cycles by changing the cycle number in the top left corner. Really cool. Thanks again to TornadoAlley for this. 👍 Please, please, please use it. :P
It'll also show very clearly in a column marked "occurences" how often the car is available throughout the 100 weeks cycle, so it makes finding the rarest cars easy to spot. The S.S. Sprinter Trueno with 17 appearances isn't that rare really.
Would that possibly be the NTSC list...?

Toronado
Would that possibly be the NTSC list...?

Yup, Famine's PAL list is stickied at the top of the GT4 main page.
Since the thread starter is in New Hampshire, I figured he'd need the NTSC version. ;)

KaffeinE 86
If I had a dollar for every time I've read that information, I could buy a premium membership.

Not against you or anything, but that information gets around a lot. People need to get a PSA or something.

No offense taken, maybe PSA's shoud be sent to everyone's private messages :lol: . If people would take some extra extra time to search then they could find a better thread to post, or run into the answer they're looking for. <<I search quite a bit if there's something I'm curious of.

The Shigino AE86 is a rare little motor. I've hardly drven it in GT4, but it was a good drift car in GT3. THough in GT4 I just use my self tuned red Tureno with 240BHP and set up for grip.

yea,but now i am noticeing it ALOT more at the end of the cycle than in the begining,i just started to collect uncommon cars in the list.I finaly got a nissan silvia 240rs(s100) 👍 :)

Am I the only one who thinks it's neat that Skyline Speed has never heard of or seen the S.S. Trueno before? There are more than enough Initial D fanboys out there who like the car for no good reason at all, but if Skyline Speed bought it because he thought it looked interesting, that's cool... :) 👍

Oh, and since it hasn't been mentioned yet, Shuichi Shigeno is the name of the author of the Initial D manga.

Honestly i never heard of it before ,the fact it was a 00' made me think so i bought it, i think i saw it in a gallery awhile ago but i never realy looked at any info.

Wolfe2x7
Am I the only one who thinks it's neat that Skyline Speed has never heard of or seen the S.S. Trueno before? There are more than enough Initial D fanboys out there who like the car for no good reason at all, but if Skyline Speed bought it because he thought it looked interesting, that's cool... :) 👍

Oh, and since it hasn't been mentioned yet, Shuichi Shigeno is the name of the author of the Initial D manga.

That never crossed my mind. I guess I can agree with what you said. I like the AE86 myself, before the Initial D takeover (this doesn't mean I still don't like it).

I haven't seen it anywhere, of course I really haven't looked too hard either. If it is anything like the one in GT3, then I might start trying to find it.

DriftingDreamer
dont bother, it sucks ass....a normal trueno has more potential....the only thing nice about this trueno is the way it looks (carbonfiber hood, etc)
Too true. While it is nice to be able to rev to 11,000 RPM, it isn't nice to have to do it. When you full NA tune a normal AE86, it has 1 more HP than the Trueno S.S. and has much more torque, and therefore a usable rev range.

When are the dates that the SS AE86 is in the Used car lots cause I cant find it, I know most say its a waste of cash, well I have 10mill to spend so I wanna buy it =]

Back