Jaguar XJ Daimler Corsica 1996

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 3 comments
Daimler Corsica concept
A single two-door XJ convertible was built in 1996 to commemorate Daimler's centenary. The concept car, called the Daimler Corsica, was based on the Daimler Double-Six sedan and can seat four. The prototype, which lacked an engine, had all the luxury features of an XJ sedan, but a shorter wheelbase. It is painted in a colour called "Seafrost", which was later discontinued. The Daimler Corsica was named after the 1931 Daimler Double-Six Corsica. The concept was a one-off, and may have been intended for limited production beginning in 1997. The car has made a limited number of appearances at car shows and events since 1996. It has most recently appeared at the Belfast Sports Car Show in January 2004. The Daimler Corsica prototype is owned by the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust, who have commissioned it to operate as a fully functional road-legal car.[11] It has been on display at their museum at Browns Lane in Coventry. The car has also been displayed at Harewood House as part of the Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club show.
3.jpg

daimler-corsica.jpg

jdhtCorsicaDaimler0001.jpg

Daimler_Corsica_005.jpg

102.jpg

There are more XJ cabrios.

....So does it have an engine/motor or what? The OP description says it doesn't have one, then later on, says it's a "fully functional road-legal car".

Color me confused. :confused:

....So does it have an engine/motor or what? The OP description says it doesn't have one, then later on, says it's a "fully functional road-legal car".

Color me confused. :confused:
Originally it had no engine but, I presume, the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust gave it an engine so that it was able to be driven.

Back