Koenigsegg Jesko Absolut Sets Four New Performance World Records

• Thread starter Famine
  • 20 comments
Lowered the bar?
limbo belt GIF

I'll change it to "moved" for you :D

Last edited:
This is the second or third time Koenigsegg has done something like this just after Bugatti grabbed headlines. The Tourbillon was only revealed two weeks ago and this is Koenigsegg's first upload since November. There's no way they didn't have this video just sitting in the upload queue waiting for a reason to hit post.

If I remember right they did the same thing the first time Bugatti posted the 0-400-0 record, beating it only a month later with the Agera RS. And then Bugatti broke the 300mph barrier a couple years later, and a month later Koenigsegg posted a new 0-400-0 record in the Regera.

I mean, it broke world records using the 9-speed. Don't see how that could be embarrassing.
It’s embarrassing in the sense that no one needs 9 gears in a car. Also, how would it be slower or worse with an 8-speed? And what’s with the top speed craze anyway? I don’t get it. Top speed does in no way indicate how good a car is in my book.

I wonder why Kawasaki decided 6 gears is enough for the Ninja H2R, but supercars need 8 or even 9 gears for whatever reason these days?

It’s embarrassing in the sense that no one needs 9 gears in a car. Also, how would it be slower or worse with an 8-speed? And what’s with the top speed craze anyway? I don’t get it. Top speed does in no way indicate how good a car is in my book.

I wonder why Kawasaki decided 6 gears is enough for the Ninja H2R, but supercars need 8 or even 9 gears for whatever reason these days?
The H2R has an inline four, revs to 14,000rpm, and weighs 500lbs, making it a bit of a different beast altogether.

More gears means more time spent in the power band on the run from 0-400kph, which means more time saved. If you can reliably cram more gears into the same space you'd be wasting potential by not doing so.

We're talking about a car that seats two comfortably, has a/c, cupholders, and a stereo, and is capable of doing 0-400-0 in less than 30 seconds. I mean maybe they could have done it with 8, maybe they could go even faster with 10, but breaking three records at once makes me think the engineers had at least some idea what they were doing, and choosing a 9 speed wasn't done on a whim.

Last edited:
Back