Korvregn’s Kollection

• Thread starter Korvregn
  • 15 comments
Sweden
Sweden
mr_wurst
IMG_0243.jpeg

Hi everyone!

After reading some of your threads about your amazing and interesting cars I got some inspiration and wanted to do the same with my little collection. Seems like a good way for myself at least to keep track of my cars, and maybe document what I do with them.

I’ve been a car enthusiast for as long as I can remember, and the core of that interest has always been Porsche. That is definately my dads fault, since he has been a Porschephile almost his whole life. The first time I ever rode in a Porsche was when I was only two weeks old back in 1986, that was in my fathers 1970’ 911S Coupe. And I kind of guess that was what started it all. Nowadays I guess I’m all over the place when it comes to cars, although the main interest is in sports cars, odd cars or just fun cars from the 60s to 90s. German cars, British cars and Italian cars generally, even if Porsche still is on top.

Today my current car lineup consists of these (in order of age):

1967 MG BMC 1100, Old English White

1971 Porsche 911 T Targa, Black

1971 Porsche 914/4, Blutorange

1971 Porsche 914/4, White

1972 Lotus Elan +2 S130, Old English White

1973 Volkswagen 1303S, Blue metallic

1975 Morris Marina Coupe, Orange

1978 Volkswagen Golf GLS mk1, Miamiblue

1987 Porsche 911 3,2 Carrera Coupe, Indischrot

1989 Porsche 911 3,2 Carrera Targa, Schiefer Grau metallic

2019 Skoda Superb Combi 1.5 TSI DSG, Emerald Green metallic (the family freighter)

2021 Seat Leon FR E-hybrid, Magnetic Tech metallic (daily driver)

In the near future I plan to sell the white 914. The Marina is already sold but technically I still own it, and I plan to replace the superb Skoda Superb with someting equally superb but maybe a bit newer.

Unfortunately some of my cars have been neglected during the last few years, mainly because I have two small kids and a house to take care of, plus a lot of responsibilites at work with a heavy workload and long days. So my plan is to thin out the herd a bit and only keep my favorites (at least that’s what I keep telling myself and everybody else).

Cars that I want to own at some point:

Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, preferably a coupe
Renault Clio V6 Sport
AMC Pacer X
Mini Cooper S (the original model, not the BMW-owned thing)
Morgan +8, +4 or Roadster
Porsche 914-6
Porsche 964 Carrera 2 (manual)
Porsche 993 (manual)
Porsche 356 (pretty much any model)
Porsche 928 manual (1978-1980 early basic model without any spoilers)
Porsche 928 GTS
Triumph TR4
Triumph GT6
Lancia Delta
Alfa Romeo Giulia
Lotus Evora
Dodge Viper
…aaaand a bunch more.

This is a start, will post some pictures and info of my cars at a later date 🙂

Last edited:
Say hello to my little friend…
PICT1067.jpeg

This is my 1967 BMC MG 1100. This is currently my oldest car and it is also the car I have owned the longest, which is now almost pushing 20 years since I bought it back in 2006 (I was 19 years old). It was also the first classic car I ever bought.

At my familys dealership (where I work), we also have a gas station, and I had seen this car there so many times and always had a chat with the owner, a quirky old man in his mid 80:s. We got acquainted and he pretty soon started to convince me to buy the car from him. I was really charmed by the car the first time I saw it, with its ridiculously oversized grille and the general feeling of the car, which basically is some kind of cheap luxury in a miniature format. Some kind of big brother to the Mini (this is also designed by Alec Issigonis). The car really was in mint condition as well, so yeah, I couldn’t resist. With only 60000 km on the odometer and two owners since new it is probably one of the nicest MG 1100s still running.

PICT1068.jpeg

My grille is bigger than yours…

PICT1069.jpeg

The ”catch” was that I also had to buy his 1965 Volvo P1800, a car that he had started to restore (about 25 years earlier) but still was in the early stages of restoration. For the same price as the MG. His asking price was 23000 SEK which in todays currency would translate to roughly 2200 USD (not taking inflation into account). A pretty good price for the MG at the time, considering the mint condition and the solid history of the car. That price for the P1800 was OK but probably not that good at the time, but fastforward today and the P1800 definately was the better deal I would say. However I was not interested in buying a complete restoration project, so I did the only right thing: I convinced my dad to buy the P1800 so I could become a classic MG owner 🙂

PICT1061.jpeg

Yeah, thats my 19 year old self with my freshly bought ADO16 back in 2006

But what a car this is! It’s incredibly spacy for its size and can actually fit 5 people believe it or not. I once actually drove my friends little sister and 3 of her friends to their prom in that thing.

Technically it is quite modern for its time, with front wheel drive and disc brakes in the front. It has the Hydrolastic suspension which makes the ride kind of smooth. The 1098 cc engine delivers 55 hp, and has twin SU carburettors. My MG has sweet looking leather seats and a cool strip speedometer.

IMG_4022.jpeg

IMG_4025.jpeg

IMG_4024.jpeg

Gotta love that speedometer!

The ADO16 (as it is called) was rebadged in traditional BMC-style with slightly different (but also very similar) models from Morris, MG, Austin, van den Plas, Riley and Wolseley. There was both 2 and 4-door versions and an estate, and later the 1098 cc was replaced with a 1275 cc. In total (all brands) 2.4 million were produced from 1962 to 1974.

IMG_4026.jpeg

It even has the original sales brochures in perfect condition!

I’m not really sure what to do with the car in the future. I hardly never use it anymore, but I can’t really see myself selling it. It is sweet to have a car in mint condition, and this car really has a special place in my heart. So yeah, it will probably stay in the collection…

Last edited:
IMG_3999.jpeg

Not really in the ”kollektion” (sic!, and yeah sorry about that) so to speak, but nevertheless it will bunk beds with most of my cars. This little beauty has a lot of work left until it can roll down the street by itself again (duh!), but sure got some potential. My dad bought it the other day, and I helped him taking it home. It took a VW Caravelle with a trailer and also a long VW Crafter with a trailer to get everything home.

IMG_3977.jpeg

A lot of cool stuff in the sellers garage, a 944 S2, an RX7, MB 300 CE and also a Singer.
IMG_3976.jpeg

As a lot of restoration projects, the previous number of owners was inspired in the beginning but grew tired along the way. This car has been under restoration more than 30 years, I guess that is pretty common with these projects unfortunately. A lot has been done on the car, and most of the parts are there with even some duplicates. Unfortunately some parts has been lost through the years and a lot of the parts that are still there are in a bad condition and need to be replaced.

IMG_4003.jpeg

This was really a complete restoration object but all of the rust is taken care of and the car is painted in the original and beautiful Hellgelb color, so a lot of the most time consuming work is done. Might need some additional work on the body though, in order to make everything correct in an original point of view.

IMG_4005.jpeg

A notable feature is the hardcover Targa-roof wich is pretty rare as far as I know. Old 911 Targas (up to the 964 model) usually has the foldable roof, which can easily fit in the trunk but eventually get a bit worn in the front, making terrible wind noise. Looking forward to try this roof and compare it to my other Targas.

IMG_4013.jpeg

To be honest, a 1975 2.7 150 hp 911 Targa is probably the least interesting model when it comes to aircooled 911s. It does not have the sleek and classic looks of the original early 911 up to 1973, and less power than the newer SC. The standard 2.7 engine (not to be confused with the legendary 2.7 MFI Carrera) is also considered to be the least interesting engine. All things considered, it’s anyhow an aircooled 911 that will be in its original shape, and will look awesome when it is done. Not there yet though… Hopefully it won’t sit for to long, my dad at least got the knowhow and the skills to make a car out of it and I will be happy to try and help him out.

IMG_4221.jpeg

So I guess things are about to change in my little collection; I put up my white 914 for sale the other day.
IMG_4199.jpeg

It has been a long time coming since last summer when I bought my Blutorange 914:

IMG_7410.jpeg

I honestly only ”need” one 914. Really. So I have to sell one, and the Blutorange is rustfree and generally in better condition.
IMG_6396.jpeg

Except a little rough body with some rust, the white one is super nice, with super rare and good looking wheels, an unusually tight and easyshifted gearbox (to shift in most stock 914s basically feels like stirring porridge in a big bowl with a wooden spoon), a well kept interior and a really fun driving experience. I guess it would need a new paintjob, preferably in its awesome original colour Zitronengelb.
IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

IMG_4254.jpeg

Bought it in the summer of 2016, we got off to a rocky start.

The ad got out the day before my summer vacation would start, and me and my girlfriend was supposed to go to her familys summer home in the Stockholm archipelago. It immediately caught my eye. I always wanted a 914, and the price was fairly decent. Only thing, it was located about 570 km from home.

But! That also meant that it was only about 200 km from Stockholm, where we were supposed to be the day after. Practically in the neighbourhood 🙂
IMG_4200.jpeg

It took some mild persuasion for my girlfriend to go that extra way but the next day I was a fresh 914 owner. Everything went well on our way from the seller, until about 15 km from our destination where we did a quick stop to pick up some groceries. Turn the key and -click-. Car is dead. Tried to jumpstart with cables and rolling in second gear, but nothing. Had to resort to my girlfriend towing me with our 2015 Audi TT Quattro, which was fairly new at the time. Quite a sight. When we arrived terribly late my sister in law said ”you went through all that trouble for THAT? Wasn’t you supposed to buy a Porsche?”

But after that it has been pretty much smooth sailing. This one will be missed, thats for sure.
IMG_4247.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems like demand for a 914 is pretty solid, I have had all kinds of trading proposals over the last few days: 2002 Jaguar XK8 Coupe (love it but it would be about the same value as the 914 and I wouldn’t mind some cash at the moment), Fiat Barchetta (cheap and possibly quite fun), 1973 W114-115 Mercedes-Benz 200 (slightly modified with BBS-style splits and really really low, not really my thing but actually looks kind of cool), BMW E92 convertible (not very interested), Porsche Boxster 2.5 (would like that but a bit more expensive and I would probably just end up keeping it)…

In the end I think the better buyer would be the one with the Mercedes, he is a vintage car enthusiast and a professional car painter so that would be a good fit. I want a buyer that knows what driving and owning an old car is like.

We currently have a deal over the phone so I hope it goes well, but nothing is over until the fat lady sings… And if it goes south I could probably become a Jag owner instead. Kind of want that, deep down inside…

Exciting times!

Last edited:
A lot of stuff happening right now car-wise. I have bought a car I dreamt of since I was a kid! This was definately not planned but I just couldn’t resist. Decided to take a YOLO approach on this one, it is by far the most I have ever paid for a car... Goodbye savings bank account.
Will collect it in a few days so I will share some more info then 🙂

IMG_4659.jpeg

Every tuesday in the summer there is a get together with classic cars at the square in my city, usually with a special theme. Tonights theme: Germany. Got there late and the square was pretty full so I had the pleasure of parking behind the public restroom.
Saw some cool cars, among others a better than mint condition Golf MK1 with a Cayenne V6 engine, a 1965 911, a few other cool Porsches, MB SLs, M3s, Karmann-Ghias and a bunch of beetles.

When I got home I parked next to my daily driver, a 2021 Seat Leon FR hatchback. That car is pretty compact and basically the same size as a Golf (pretty much IS a Golf) but parked next to the 914 it looks humongous!
IMG_4663.jpeg

IMG_4688.jpeg

Bye bye darlin’, gonna miss you!

The white 914 is now sold and delivered.

As always for me, cars like these are sold with mixed feelings. I loved that car. Technically it was in top condition, and it was just an absolute blast to drive. But I think this one will go to a good home, the buyer is another enthusiast and he is a car painter, and plans to renovate the body and respray it in original Zitronengelb. Good.

I am very satisfied with the deal, and I got my asking price BUT it comes with some luggage. This luggage to be precise:
IMG_4690.jpeg

I had to trade this in in order to make the deal. 1973 W115 Mercedes-Benz 200. It needs some work, and this car is really not my style, but I got it moderately cheap and will get my money back for it. Will eat my hat otherwise.
IMG_4692.jpeg

More info on this looooooow car will follow.

Yeah, and tomorrow I will go and get my new car! NEVER been so excited about buying a car before. I am basically like a 8 year old the night before christmas.

Fun times in the Kollektion 😊

IMHO the wheels on that Merc are hideous!!!! It's like putting swept wings on a P-51 and telling people, "Hey, look! It's more modern!" :lol:

IMHO the wheels on that Merc are hideous!!!! It's like putting swept wings on a P-51 and telling people, "Hey, look! It's more modern!" :lol:
Not only did someone want it to look more modern, that someone also wanted it to look more Porsche
IMG_4696.jpeg

Honestly I do think that they kind of fit how the car looks, with the ridicoulosly low ride height and all. But yeah, I would definately prefer an all out original setting, but that’s probably just because I am an old fart deep down inside.

I didn't see the logo on my tiny phone screen!!! Ack!

And I agree, the stance is just... inappropriate. That low ride height has to destroy the ride quality? At least the rear is semi-trailing arms, and not the swing-axles of prior cars...

Post it in the OEM wheels on he wrong car thread! :)

Last edited:
So, I picked up my new car this Saturday.
It is spectacular! And I couldn’t be happier with it! I haven’t got time to take some good pictures yet, will take some better pictures after I am done detailing it.

It is an old car, but as far as my usual enthusiast cars go it is quite new. It is very blue. And I have already forgot how horribly expensive it was.

Ok, that last thing was a lie, I constantly check bring a trailer, mobile.de and other sites to convince me that this was a smart move financially. It was a good price for the car, but in my mind still too much money to pay for a car. But in the end, would I rather take my money back and return the car to the seller? No way José.

So without further ado, I welcome my 1995 Türkisblau Porsche 993 Carrera 2 Coupe to the Kollektion! The last of the aircooled Porsches!
IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg
IMG_4707.jpeg

I can’t really grow tired of looking at this car, and it is in my (biased) opinion one of the most good looking 911s I have ever seen. I love this colour, and it really pops with these wheels.
IMG_4729.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg
IMG_4733.jpeg

Will try to share some more info about the car in the coming days.

I am going to a meeting with classic Porsches this weekend. Only older Porsches like 356, 911, 912, 914, 924, 928, 944, 964, 968, 993 etc. are welcome. Will be fun!

Congratulations! That is a gorgeous 993. Am I wrong thinking it's Riviera Blue? May be the pictures but it almost looks like another shade of blue.

Congratulations! That is a gorgeous 993. Am I wrong thinking it's Riviera Blue? May be the pictures but it almost looks like another shade of blue.
Thanks!
You got some good eyes (and knowledge of rare Porsche colours). The paint is not Riviera Blue (I think…), although I initially thought so when I first were shown pictures of the car.

Unfortunately this is not the original colour, it started as a Polar Silver metallic, but early on the first owner painted it in this colour. However, since it is not the original color, I didn’t know for certain what color it actually was. And I needed some paint to fill in the stonechips in the front.

After some comparing with Riviera Blue online, which was a standard color 1994-95, I was pretty confident that this actually was Türkis Blau (Turqoise Blue), a standard color for 1996-1997. This is about equally as rare as Riviera, very few cars were ordered in Riviera or Türkis. It bums me a bit that it is not the original color, from a collectors point of view it would be more interesting if this was the original color, but in the end I like it as it is.

I actually ordered both Riviera and Turkis to make sure:
IMG_4758.jpeg

Riviera (below) is lighter and more pastel-y (is that a word) and Turkis is darker with a bit more green in it. It is hard to really capture these colours in a photograph.

Anyway, will do some ”filling exercises” tomorrow, I guess I will know for certain if Turkis is the right color.

Here is the car in the sun, looks a bit more Riviera now actually…

IMG_4895.jpeg
IMG_4897.jpeg
IMG_4896.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you're right, it looks like Turquoise Blue. My first thought was that it looks slightly too dark to be Riviera or even Mexico Blue. Whatever the true color it looks fantastic, still!

Back