Lamborghini Temerario (Huracan Replacement)

I saw some side by side and split pictures of this with the Huracan. They appear to be very similarly proportioned. It woudn't surprise me if this is based on the same platform, like Ferrari did with the 308/328, 348/355, 360/430 etc.
According to Lamborghini, it's a brand new platform thanks to the Urus' financial success & is building on the Revuelto's carbon chassis. From what I've read, because of the death of the R8 requiring Lamborghini to go bespoke, this doesn't share much linkage to the Huracan beyond being its successor.

According to Lamborghini, it's a brand new platform thanks to the Urus' financial success & is building on the Revuelto's carbon chassis. From what I've read, because of the death of the R8 requiring Lamborghini to go bespoke, this doesn't share much linkage to the Huracan beyond being its successor.

Interesting. I’ll try and dig out the pictures because they are strikingly similar, but I think they were on instagram so difficult to search for and harder to extract to post elsewhere.

I think the Gallardo and Huracan were both really nicely compact and proportioned, so this one following suit is no bad thing.

Last edited:
I don't doubt that the platform is all new, like why change the formula if it's working so well. But there is hardly any visual evidence to suggest it's all new. It could also be they simply kept similar proportions with a chassis made of different materials.

I don't doubt that the platform is all new, like why change the formula if it's working so well. But there is hardly any visual evidence to suggest it's all new. It could also be they simply kept similar proportions with a chassis made of different materials.
Yes. Hence why I mentioned they are building on the Revuelto's chassis.
The interior is indistinguishable from the Revuelto’s in pictures, and that’s by design to create continuity between products. Because the car is entirely new and shares nothing with the Huracán, taller customers will enjoy more interior space thanks to a new all-aluminum chassis that’s both trimmer and 20 percent stiffer in torsion.

New castings and extrusions introduced on the Revuelto, combined with a 1.6-inch-longer wheelbase, open an extra 1.8 inches of legroom compared to the Huracán and 1.3 inches of headroom. The door sills, meanwhile, are 0.9 inch narrower for easier entry and exit. Despite the extra space, Lamborghini claims the Temerario still has the lowest roof height in its class. A small lithium-ion battery wis mounted in the tunnel between the seats as it is in the Revuelto and will offer a few miles of pure electric range to satisfy combustion engine bans in some international cities.

It is essentially, the Revuelto's new 'Monofuselage' trimmed down to Huracan proportions.

Last edited:
I hate every hexagonal element on this. Looks like something just tacked on. The rest is neat, though. Wish they would have incorporated either classic coutach or miura cues and ran with that design language instead of this edgy, confused-looking design. Love the new powertrain and platform.

The design has a lot of Gallardo on the sides which I think is pretty interesting. It looks alright.

But I'm sad they're moving away from those arrow motifs in the head and tail-lights. I quite liked those. But I guess that has been around since the Reventon, so it makes sense they're going for this new hexagon thing.

The car is also a lot longer than the Huracan, so they somehow made the proportions very similar but size wise it's actually very different.

I admit that I'm curious as to what the GT3 version will look like. (Or are they all officially called LMGT3 cars now?) I also am not sure about the main headlamps, I'm not seeing that triangle/hexagon shape that you can see on other modern designs like the Revuelto, even if the Temerario does have those admittedly very cool secondary lights that double as intakes.

Last edited:
I admit that I'm curious as to what the GT3 version will look like. (Or are they all officially called LMGT3 cars now?)
The "LMGT3" name exclusively applies to the class in WEC despite using the same cars (Its basically like how "GTD" name exclusively applies to the class of the exact same cars in IMSA). Otherwise, they're all GT3 cars.

Back