Legendary cars dealer refresh

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 8,987 comments
While I can understand buying some cars before they go up (stares angrily at the 330) You don't necessarily have to buy all of the 20 million dollar cars. I have had the game since the 1st month and I just bought my 1st 20 million dollar car. I do grind 2 of the 4 races whenever I play but I will only do at most 2 races then I will do something else. I have had chances to buy the different unicorns but really outside of the Daytona I am not pressed about them. I do wish I had bought the 330 when it was much cheaper but oh well what can you do. I will get it eventually and if the price goes up again oh well. I have a lot of cars I enjoy. But to your point if you are trying collect all of the cars it makes sense to get the most expensive ones first.

My point as a new player from online March this year on: the "quality time" in GT7 comes too short if your main goals after "completing" the Singleplayer-part are mostly "collect more cars" and "do daily races". In SP there are only 4 races that pay enough for collecting more cars and the payout of the daily races is abysmall. And even if you grinded your favourite cars, there are almost no occassions to use them. There are no new whole championships for classics/legendary cars, the dailies are mostly Gr4 and Gr3. There is a chance the game gets dull if you cannot use your horrendously expensive new legendaries in races/championships that push you further to the next expensive car.

We need more championships that pay out relevant money for completing. We have so many Porsche Cup races at several tracks, but no Porsche Cup championship. Same for classics and neo classics. Heck, we do not even have a good paying event at Le Mans with the cars that where especially built for this very race. No classic Ford-Ferrari-battle, no Group C, no GT1 or LMP1/Hypercar with day-night-cycle. It's all already in the game, just not combined to "meaningful" events that pay out enough to get the next 20M-car you desire because it's the dream car of your youth. GT7 just stops halfway through, it seems. And if you are interested in the dailies you better do not look up what's new at the dealership because you cannot afford it with the payouts online-racing offers.

So basically, you have to decide if you want to have fun or grind the same few races over and over again in hope you may have fun with the cars you can now afford in the future. The cycle of availabity and the invite-system does not make it better, either...
for me personally, the races and events don't matter. I want all (or at least all the ones I"m interested in) the cars, and then I'll spend most of my time picking cars and running laps alone on track. GT has for me primarily always been a "track day" sim. I don't really enjoy racing either AI or other people online. So for me, content is all that matters. I don't care if there's any event I can use a Vulcan or a Mondial in...I just want the car available for whenever the mood strikes me to take it out for some track time.

for me personally, the races and events don't matter. I want all (or at least all the ones I"m interested in) the cars, and then I'll spend most of my time picking cars and running laps alone on track. GT has for me primarily always been a "track day" sim. I don't really enjoy racing either AI or other people online. So for me, content is all that matters. I don't care if there's any event I can use a Vulcan or a Mondial in...I just want the car available for whenever the mood strikes me to take it out for some track time.
And i totally understand that. My point was: if you play GT7 this way, there is a great chance you will run out of money very fast. Events and championships also for the unicorns would provide a possibilty to enjoy your new car while earning reasonable money for the next without you needing to stop what you enjoy just for grinding. If you are working full time and have a household to take care of your spare time is limited. If you have a relationship or a family, it doesn't get better with free time for playing games.

I myself am in the very comfortable position that Spa and Le Mans are two of my favourite tracks and i kind of suck at online racing. But if i want to get better at this (and i DO want this as racing against others is far more rewarding and interesting for me) i have to skip grinding. And then you have a week with rare invitations for several expensive cars (which i "need" two of as i want one to be stock as a legendary car should be untouched and one available for tuning to see where you can get it to) plus an expensive car available at the legendary dealership. For me this means: do not try to get better in sport mode, do not "waste" time trying to be competetive, just grind the same races with the same cars over and over again. And that is the point where a game gets dull, if it kind of forces you to do other things then the ones you enjoy.

And this is completely unneccessary, as all that is needed is better pay out and/or extra rewards for sport mode (like finishing a certain amount of races gives you extra roulette tickets and several podiums get you an extra million or two) and more high paying races/events. Heck, the possibility to earn loads of credits are already there, so it wouldn't crash the ingame economy if there were simply more choices for variety.

I am similar. I mostly want to drive all my favourite cars in the game around tracks, not worrying that much about lap times, just enjoying the cars. Nearly all of my favourites are the road cars, or classic racers like the D-Type or RA-272, and a lot of them are Legends cars, and 5 of them are unfortunately at 20M.

Once I've got the majority of cars I want, I'll only then be able to relax and enjoy the game. If I'm playing with the dual purpose of enjoying the cars and funding my wishlist, that doesn't work for me. I don't make enough money if I pick the races I like the most, and if I make the races too challenging, the frustration of not maximizing my payout when I don't win, or I miss a CRB, or both, kills the fun I would have had in the race. I can't dual purpose. I want to get the money problem solved and out of the way, then I can actually enjoy having a hard battle for 5th place or whatever because the end result no longer matters. Same with online racing, which I do personally enjoy in a league against trusted racers.

For the expensive cars, I'm only short the Alfa 2900 8C and the Porsche 917K, and I have credits ready and waiting for the next time they turn up. Even if the 917 bumps up to 20 mil. The MP4/4 was on my list too but as mentioned, when the price went up, I gave up on that and decided I might get it some time in the future, or I might win it in the license tests, but if I don't get it, I no longer care.

Now I have the big expense desirables out of the way, I can get on with enjoying the game.

New car and special pick tonight.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240819200031.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240819200039.jpg

I can't remember if I already own a Guards Red 959 or if I painted mine red at some stage...

If it's the latter, I'm 100% buying this when I'm on next! If it's the former, there's still a chance I'll buy this...
There's 2 ways to check:
  • On the purchase screen (the screenshots @Chikane_GTR puts up), if you own (or perhaps "owned" if you sold it) that car/paint combo, it will say "owned" with a checkmark next to the "Body Colo(u)r"
  • The longer way is if there is a "Body Colo(u)r" shown when you get into it, it's the original paint color. Of course, you'll have to check every car that looks like that color.

There's 2 ways to check:
  • On the purchase screen (the screenshots @Chikane_GTR puts up), if you own (or perhaps "owned" if you sold it) that car/paint combo, it will say "owned" with a checkmark next to the "Body Colo(u)r"
  • The longer way is if there is a "Body Colo(u)r" shown when you get into it, it's the original paint color. Of course, you'll have to check every car that looks like that color.
Yup, I checked using the "shorter" way described above. I already own it in Guards Red. I'm low on credits so I'll grind a bit and see if I feel like buying a second Guards Red 959 later in the week...

There's 2 ways to check:
Yeah, it's too bad it still shows you owning a given color after you've applied a livery to that car though. I have several that I needed to buy again after putting a livery on them and it was difficult to remember which they were...in fact it's a big reason why I've basically decided I won't be putting liveries on anyomore lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's too bad it still shows you owning a given color after you've applied a livery to that car though. I have several that I needed to buy again after putting a livery on them and it was difficult to remember which they were...in fact it's a big reason why I've basically decided I won't be putting liveries on anyomore lol.
Don't you have the option to reset to original livery in livery editor ?

I've started the habit of saving a style on the car as "original" before I start changing liveries, but I haven't done it many times. I know you can save livery on a standard car at least. For saving a style, I think you first have to change something. The advantage off saving a style is it will swap your wheels for you too, and I'd guess also any bodykits apart from widebody. To Be Confirmed.

If you have applied a style or livery without first saving the original, there is a revert to original livery option somewhere in the options in the auto shop. If you first save your current style, then revert to original, save your original style (or livery) and you can then swap between the two easily by using the apply style option.

When you revert to original livery, it won't change the wheels back to original if they are different but the original wheels should be available in the owned wheels section.

Saving styles makes it easier so you can have the car fully liveried up or in original condition as and when. I assume if you purchase a second example of the same car, you can apply all the styles or liveries to that too without having to recreate them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I beleive some of the liveries (or styles I guess it is) actually apply wide body options and so forth...can those be "undone" by the return to original livery option too?

Last edited:
Yeah, I beleive some of the liveries (or styles I guess it is) actually apply wide body options and so forth...can those be "undone" by the return to original livery option too?

I haven't tried swapping between them but I can't download a widebody style for a standard body car so I'm guessing styles and liveries are not compatible across widebody conversions. Reverting to original livery does not remove a widebody, nor any other bodykit parts as far as I know. It just puts the car back to original paint and will render it as if you had done the bodykit or widebody on the car in that colour. I think.

I don't think there's a revert to original style option, so that has to be achieved by reverting to original livery and then selecting original wheels afterwards. Bodykit changes would require going to the bodykit section and selecting original for each area. As far as I know, widebody cannot be reversed.

Widebody cannot be undone - but you can't apply a "Wide Car" style to a car you own unless you've applied the wide body mod first... I've bought a number of cars (or kept gift cars) to have a wide version and a stock version.

Widebody cannot be undone - but you can't apply a "Wide Car" style to a car you own unless you've applied the wide body mod first... I've bought a number of cars (or kept gift cars) to have a wide version and a stock version.
Yeah, I think that's what I was remembering. It warns you about the widebody not being reversible and I think if you try and apply a style on a car that isn't a widebody it gives you the option to apply the widebody at the same time does it not?

Yeah, I think that's what I was remembering. It warns you about the widebody not being reversible and I think if you try and apply a style on a car that isn't a widebody it gives you the option to apply the widebody at the same time does it not?

Again, going on my memory, which does have some corrupt sectors (I remembered the widebody limitation but not the warning), I am pretty sure it does not allow you to select a widebody style if you don't have a widebody car. I don't remember there being any option to apply the widebody at that point, and that also seems way too convenient and helpful for a PD menu anyway 😆

kjb
It won't give an option to apply a widebody when you try to apply a widebody style. You have to go to GT Auto and get the widebody applied
hmm...OK. I could swear I remember selecting styles and having the warning come up and then list of options being applied right then and there. But again I haven't spent much time in there so I guess I'm mis-remembering.

hmm...OK. I could swear I remember selecting styles and having the warning come up and then list of options being applied right then and there. But again I haven't spent much time in there so I guess I'm mis-remembering.
It will force you to spend credits on wheels, paints, and parts if you don't already own them, but it won't allow you to apply a widebody style on a car where it's not had the widebody mod. It states on the style if it's applicable to a "Wide Car" or not, and won't allow you to apply it if you don't have the widebody already applied. I'm not 100% if it applies the other way around (applying a non-wide style on a widebodied car).

Back