• 15 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
Cool to see this covered. I'm from the Netherlands and went the first Saturday this exhibition started. Jawwdropping line-up with cars i Will never see again. The regular collection and the scenery is also absolutly amazing as well!

Last edited:
That Vector would be SOOO nice in GT7 (or GT8) along with the WX3 and WX3R that were up for auction recently/soon. Loved the Vector W8 since I was a kid in the eighties! Shame I don't have the letter I got from Weigert (as a response to a letter I sent to them) back in the day.

Last edited:
That GT-One road car though.

cat Heavy breathing GIF

Ok is it just me or is this another event where one of the Vectors have shown up? Wasn't there an auction not too long ago that also had one?

Ok is it just me or is this another event where one of the Vectors have shown up? Wasn't there an auction not too long ago that also had one?
Not yet - it's two weeks away:

Not yet - it's two weeks away:

Ah, was under the impression it already took place. So less of a "Its already happened" and more "It will happen"

My goodness, what machinery. Hope all the fans near there go to see that incredible pack of cars! By the way, missing the r390 in Gt7...

Will this collection be doing a world tour? My wallet wants to know.

Jerome

Would it be fair to say that all these cars could be scanned for GT7/GT8? Most are in the game so it wouldn’t be too fare fetched to think PD would include them right?

Hope this means we get the Vector in GT7
There's not much stopping them in the legal sense, since nobody holds the rights to the company anymore. I guess it's mostly a matter of there being enough interest to model the car and striking a deal with someone who owns a working example.

And I admit, I really just want a good close look at the W8's interior, because look at this nonsense:

1723109229999.jpeg
1723109241396.jpeg

If modern infotainment screens had displays like that, I probably wouldn't dislike them as much as I do.

There's not much stopping them in the legal sense, since nobody holds the rights to the company anymore.
I understand that Gerald Wiegert bought the rights to the company back after it was shuttered by MegaTech - having kept the rights to the W8 and WX3, forcing the Stevens-led redesign for the M12 - and that it has passed to his family following his death.

I understand that Gerald Wiegert bought the rights to the company back after it was shuttered by MegaTech - having kept the rights to the W8 and WX3, forcing the Stevens-led redesign for the M12 - and that it has passed to his family following his death.
I was aware that Wiegert had the rights, but last I had heard when he passed in 2021 all the legal documentation regarding Vector was literally thrown in a dumpster after the company warehouse was vacated. Or at least that's what this (now paywalled :ouch:) Road and Track article said.

I guess it's not that much of a stretch to presume one of his surviving family might have some copies, but seems like most information, aside from that article, stops right around the time he tried to revive the company shortly before his death.

There's not much stopping them in the legal sense, since nobody holds the rights to the company anymore. I guess it's mostly a matter of there being enough interest to model the car and striking a deal with someone who owns a working example.

And I admit, I really just want a good close look at the W8's interior, because look at this nonsense:

View attachment 1379253View attachment 1379254

If modern infotainment screens had displays like that, I probably wouldn't dislike them as much as I do.
Buick Reata was rocking that. I remember playing with the screen at the NY Auto Show back then.
1723459388060.png

Dig the concept interior with the dope CD player.

The seats have similar seat insert designs. Good stuff!
1723459780657.png

Back