Let's discuss the weather system

• Thread starter R9NALD9
  • 35 comments
How about a partnership with someone like Accuweather to bring real weather forcasts into the game? Playing at Le Man tonight online and Accuweather says its raining for an hour then drying up - let the game follow suit.

How about a partnership with someone like Accuweather to bring real weather forcasts into the game? Playing at Le Man tonight online and Accuweather says its raining for an hour then drying up - let the game follow suit.
The PC version already has a similar system (you select Real Weather in the weather options), however apparently nether Sony or MS would allow the feeds required to make it work on console.

:grumpy:...:lol:

What really got me peeved, was the default snow conditions for the Northern Hemisphere's Winter season. May have been the Christmas season, but after a while, I wasn't impressed.
Yeah, I get that they have to toggle which version of the track they load, but I would have liked it better if the toggle for snow cover was separate from the date (limited to winter), so you could have a snow-covered day in early December, or a wet muddy day in January.

What peeves me is locking snow cover together with ice over everything. No winter scenery with a cleared track/road? Can't we have just snow by itself on the track/road, allowing for all-season tires instead of the ice tires that are somewhat too grippy for the snow drifting I'm accustomed to? What about freezing rain without snow cover -- LiveTrack knows the surface temperature.

However, I shouldn't complain considering the game offers snow and snow cover in the first place. :) Just some things we can hope for in PCARS3.

Back