List of Compatible GPS Units

• Thread starter Biggamehit
  • 12 comments
United States
Misawa, Japan
PinkRanger_DRLFT
Jiu Driftsu
I figure this is going to be an hot topic quickly. Anyone do the research yet? I'll venture out shortly. All in all I'm guessing the tablet itself will be able to RX/TX GPS data. And or any modern external GPS unit.

It may record the data using that format, but I guess the trick will be exporting it out of the device!

We may have to go looking into files & folders as I'm sure not all devices will give the option to export data!?

I'm just looking through the app stores now, to see if I can find apps which state an "export data" feature!

I'm just trying to find out before I go out and buy a external GPS with micro sd card/USB. I didn't plan on spending money for GT this week hahh but what ever it takes!!

Ok, that didn't take long!
Several apps on Google play list features of GPX or KML data exporting, will look at iOS later...

Just need the damn track path creator now!

Hi...
Good topic.. Maybe you can make a sticky first post with devices and apps for smartphones which will work.

I think everyone has a smartphone nowadays. (Except 80% of the commenting gt planet users :lol:)

So I it think it would be interesting which app will work.

I have an iPhone so I'll test:
"Trails"
"komoot"
"GPXcreator"

If you have other apps, please let me know.

Cheers

Okay I encountered the first problem.

Maybe I'm a bit stupid but at the moment I can't really think about how this should work.

I Googled Hockenheimring gpx data and found it on gpsies

Then I saved it on my Dropbox (remember I'm on my iPad and there is no "Explorer" or such thing where I could store it.)

But when I'm in the GT6 course maker I cannot see any file and there is no possibility to Use another source (Dropbox f.e.) to choose a gpx file..

So the most important question right now is...

How can I store a.gpx file on the iPad to use it in the course maker.

Okay I encountered the first problem.

Maybe I'm a bit stupid but at the moment I can't really think about how this should work.

I Googled Hockenheimring gpx data and found it on gpsies

Then I saved it on my Dropbox (remember I'm on my iPad and there is no "Explorer" or such thing where I could store it.)

But when I'm in the GT6 course maker I cannot see any file and there is no possibility to Use another source (Dropbox f.e.) to choose a gpx file..

So the most important question right now is...

How can I store a.gpx file on the iPad to use it in the course maker.
Well, in fact that is no problem at all. Connect your iPad via iTunes, select your iPad and go to Apps. There you will also find Apps with file sgaring capabilities and simply upload your KML / GPX data to the iPad.
...no error no nothing. I see the files on the ipad and can select them but nothing happens. I'm using the flat Eifel layout since that is the only one with KML / GPX import features.

Like this :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.44.18 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 6.44.18 pm.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 132
Ok thanks.

I hoped it will work without using the pc since the iPad gives several possible apps with which I can open the file... Why not include the gt6 app.

My boyfriend has a Garmin GPS watch and he can import/export the GPS data on his iPad2 as a standalone file with Garmin Connect. Maybe you could buy a 2nd hand GPS watch and upload it to Garmin connect. A GPS watch is more secure and don't have the gps-lags that often as smartphone does with gps mapping.

Ahhhhhh... a picture would be better than haha. Great idea though maybe later on the KML can layout the track for ya. Im having transfer issues at moment with a Ipad.

The runkeeper app gives you a lined route and the length of it, if you want to recreate your home turf. Just screencap and import.

Back