List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

Makes me chuckle a bit that we can’t make any season with an accurate complete grid of FIA GT3 cars. The main car missing is a proper rear engine, rear wheel drive, any year 911 GT3(GT3-R).

As for cars being replaced, are Sport Mode Championship Manufacturer choices has been narrowed down within brands? I’m trying to recall seeing the AMG GT3 ‘19 as the only choice. Didn’t look like a player could choose the SLS ‘11 or AMG ‘16.
If you do Sport Manufacturer races , it gives you the latest cars only but you still can use the older ones if you buy them
btw if it was up to me i would force people to use only the latest cars in the Championships

as for the latest 911 GT3R - that should eventually show up same with the 963 (depends on PD when that will be)

Last edited:
If you do Sport Manufacturer races , it gives you the latest cars only but you still can use the older ones if you buy them
btw if it was up to me i would force people to use only the latest cars in the Championships

as for the latest 911 GT3R - that should eventually show up same with the 963 (depends on PD when that will be)
Ah, okay. Yeah, I wouldn’t allow players to use the older ones. However, it’s still painful to see the M6 and 458 in the line up.
How does it work for Ford? I’d hope it is the Mustang. Would be ironic if it’s not the choice. :scared:

PD do need to address the GT3 cars as that’s now the formula being used in Le Mans. I guess we’ll see around the time of the next Manu season.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I wouldn’t allow players to use the older ones. However, it’s still painful to see the M6 and 458 in the line up.
How does it work for Ford? I’d hope it is the Mustang. Would be ironic if it’s not the choice. :scared:

PD do need to address the GT3 cars as that’s now the formula being used in Le Mans. I guess we’ll see around the time of the next Manu season.
I think with Ford you can choose Mustang Gr.3 or GT GTE iirc

also we should be getting a new Gr.3 car this year - last year it was the AMG Evo

Talented people doing liveries finally did the Japan C7 GT3 livery 🔥
7f5cdadea896b5b2c7e1fc74acf52b25_thumb_l_x2.jpg

and this variant
f07f6624196dd7bf2cf4f0aef648f608_thumb_l_x2.jpg

Last edited:
Since the Le Mans 2024 is upcoming - lets post some info about it

anyone notice that the number panel of the toyota gr010 in 2024 colours does not light up in the game? it's a big bummer, i quite like the new livery but that deters me from using it. hope pd fixes this

If PD wanted a good reason to add latest Vantage :P
It marks the first 24-hour race victory for the British brand’s updated GT3 challenger, while Aston Martin won the event for the first time since 1948.

Last edited:

seen this randomly on my youtube feed and notice that car at 9:00 :P
Lotus Exige GT Turbo with Polyphony Digital as a sponsor 👀

Last edited:
Its crazy to me how PD didnt update ferrari or aston martin yet, even BMW. PD seems like they are on a budget, or they just dont care. Also they really lack common sense, whats the point of adding a 2016 cayman just to match the GT4 counterpart (maybe they did it bc they just didnt have a cayman, but even if that was the case, still i feel like it doesnt make sense), its too late, just add the 718.

The lack of 911 GT3 R (992) or 2022 GT500 cars are the misses that surprise me the most. It seems that if they have good relathionship with Porsche (911 GT3 R) and Nissan (Z GT500) Toyota (Supra GT500) Honda (Civic GT) they should be able to add these cars, even more on the 911 GT3 R, it is on ALMOST every car game. I think out of the mainstream ones, the only one missing it is FM. But they have other updated GT3 cars, so its not that bad.

And i do understand how much time it takes to scan, model, sound recordings, physics, making the interior work, etc. But these cars i mentioned have been released at least since 2022, we are on mid-2024. So time should not be a excuse, they can do all the process in at least the 911 and GT500 cars in 2 years.

Im still grateful for the updates, some of them have been very good, but being free doesnt mean i cant criticize them, i aldready paid 70$, i should not pay DLC.

Its crazy to me how PD didnt update ferrari or aston martin yet, even BMW. PD seems like they are on a budget, or they just dont care. Also they really lack common sense, whats the point of adding a 2016 cayman just to match the GT4 counterpart (maybe they did it bc they just didnt have a cayman, but even if that was the case, still i feel like it doesnt make sense), its too late, just add the 718.

The lack of 911 GT3 R (992) or 2022 GT500 cars are the misses that surprise me the most. It seems that if they have good relathionship with Porsche (911 GT3 R) and Nissan (Z GT500) Toyota (Supra GT500) Honda (Civic GT) they should be able to add these cars, even more on the 911 GT3 R, it is on ALMOST every car game. I think out of the mainstream ones, the only one missing it is FM. But they have other updated GT3 cars, so its not that bad.

And i do understand how much time it takes to scan, model, sound recordings, physics, making the interior work, etc. But these cars i mentioned have been released at least since 2022, we are on mid-2024. So time should not be a excuse, they can do all the process in at least the 911 and GT500 cars in 2 years.

Im still grateful for the updates, some of them have been very good, but being free doesnt mean i cant criticize them, i aldready paid 70$, i should not pay DLC.
thing is PD isn't bothered by the older race cars and they will eventually add the new ones depends on their roadmap and priority

that cayman they already had the model but PD slowly releasing to the game see data leaks - Super GT stuff might be a licence issue

and also Kaz said it takes roughly 270 days to create a car for GT7

Last edited:
I
thing is PD isn't bothered by the older race cars and they will eventually add the new ones depends on their roadmap and priority

that cayman they already had the model but PD slowly releasing to the game see data leaks - Super GT stuff might be a licence issue

and also Kaz said it takes roughly 270 days to create a car for GT7
It feels like they dont listen to the fanbase.. i dont think they undestand how a roadmap should be, first priorities then the all the car you want, why should we get (for example) a Nissan Silvia Q (S13) 1998 (also we aldready had a S13) when we got like 70 JDM cars over an BMW M5 of any gen which is a legendary car. If they want to add a Silvia, add it later, when the essentials have been added.

About the Cayman, i didnt remember that. Sorry

Also i though it taked less, but still, they could outsource the modeling, that would take it down to like 180 days. This proves a point though: Why get a Silvia from a gen we aldready got instead of develop a car from a very important racing series that is lacking. I want to repeat that i still am extremely graceful for the free updates.

That's a load of crap because a lot of them have ended up in other games.
I'd say this is the main reason why we don't get certain cars. Nothing to do with budget.
Exactly, some games have these cars with less budget have these highly requested cars that a lot of people have been wanting to get on GT7 and some even on GTS days. Atleast we got some cars that are a joy to drive and extremely high detail, that i am extremely graceful for like the 911 (992) GT3 RS '22, LFA '10, Chiron '16, AMG GT3 EVO '20, 918 Spyder '13, M2 Competiton '18, Civic Type R '22, Corolla GR "Morizo Edition" '22 and the mighty Silvia (S15) '02 that one we were actually missing:lol: Also they were high requested, so its not that pd just totally ignores the community tbf

Last edited:
That's a load of crap because a lot of them have ended up in other games.
I don't think it's a licensing thing, though - or at least not by itself. It very well could be what other cars they plan to prioritize in the meantime. Who knows, maybe we'll get multiple LMH/LMDh cars in the same update.

I dont think they follow a theme, but maybe Drop 2 one update, 2 months later maybe 2 more, but as today they never dropped like for example 3 GT3 one update or 4 european cars in one update.

Back