List of current Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars and their possible replacements in GT7/8

Almost certainly the teams are made up, and the cars are just production chassis with body kits. I'm kind of shocked they got someone to lend their Ford GT to this.
For many cars yes but given how widespread GT3 is, I doubt they had the hardest time securing an actual older Huracan GT3 and Audi R8 LMS Evo from someone (Hell, the Nissan GT-R GT3 is an actual GT3 car so why not). Same for the Aston Martin Vantage GT4.

Would be cool to see them ingame tho , btw notice that 720s GT3 , Camaro GT3 and that C8 GT3.R (?)
Definately not the Z06 GT3.R, just a slightly modified C8

The actual car:
1690701851800.png

Edit: Just noticed there is actually two of them in that second image you posted.

Last edited:
Almost certainly the teams are made up, and the cars are just production chassis with body kits. I'm kind of shocked they got someone to lend their Ford GT to this.
Yeah, totally production cars with body kits and roll cages, Lexan side windows, race-complaint fuel fillers, and center-lock wheels. Totally just production cars. :rolleyes:

For many cars yes but given how widespread GT3 is, I doubt they had the hardest time securing an actual older Huracan GT3 and Audi R8 LMS Evo from someone (Hell, the Nissan GT-R GT3 is an actual GT3 car so why not). Same for the Aston Martin Vantage GT4.
Definately not the Z06 GT3.R, just a slightly modified C8
Just noticed there is actually two of them in that second image you posted.
I did notice that it's not the actual GT3.R that's why i put the ? in there heh
but we might get something like that in GT - like custom C8 Gr.3 instead of official C8.R/GT3.R

Yeah, totally production cars with body kits and roll cages, Lexan side windows, race-complaint fuel fillers, and center-lock wheels. Totally just production cars. :rolleyes:
That's all completely standard stuff for movie cars to have added to them. :rolleyes::rolleyes: The added pain in the ass of actually operating race cars for a movie set is completely untenable.

Last edited:
That's all completely standard stuff for movie cars to have added to them. :rolleyes::rolleyes: The added pain in the ass of actually operating race cars for a movie set is completely untenable.
Even if that is true, which I'm not saying it is, at what point do the modifications made change it from being "just a production car?"

...just to add some information about the McLaren 720S GT3 is... Struggling? Just very few teams have more expensive cars like Ferrari or McLaren. While the Ferrari 296 GT3 is struggling because of technical issues all year, the AF Corse one started to burn inside the pits in Spa this year, and AF Corse, that team that won LeMans this year, is far behind in all categories. While the "struggling" McLaren is leading the most competitive class inside the GTWC, the Bronze class, in Endurance AND Sprint (Garage59, #188 McLaren 720S GT3 Evo is leading the Sprint Bronze Cup so far, while after today's endurance race in Nürburgring the Sky Tempesta McLaren finished second and is still leading the Bronze Cup in the endurance category) and the Optimum Motorsport McLaren is leading the GT Open series.

It's more the opposite of struggling... Especially when you count that there just a handful McLaren on the tracks.

Back to topic. Licensing these cars is not the problem. As many of y'all already mentioned, ALL other games got newer GT3 cars. The problem is, it is the most popular class in the GT World, so it's understandable that FIA dropped GT7 and a lot of players are disappointed by the most outdated car list of all recent games worldwide.

Compared to Gran Turismo Sport, we are using the same old cars again. Just six years later!!! And they added ZERO new GT3 no models during that period. I mean real new models not just updated Evo's which is not really an update, as they look almost exactly the same. There is NO excuse for that except greed.

Like already mentioned, ACC got the license for the GTWC series, Championships, Tracks and liveries.
The cars itself are even cheaper to license without that official liveries, like they did with the Mercedes AMG GT3 2020 for GT7. But we have ZERO new GT3 models within the last six years.

And as a racing sim, I don't count any fictional GT3 cars or cars that never been GT3 at all in real life. So for all who wants to race in GT3... You can easily but the cheaper GT Sport, you get the same cars... Almost same game with customer races and even more endurance leagues.

I almost stopped playing GT7 completely, after I already had GTSport it feels like they just updated the game a little bit, graphics and physics and some new menus and stuff.

So in my opinion this game is in need of newer cars! And for people bothering that this game isn't a GT3 game, you are right. But that doesn't explain the hell outdated road cars too. It's the same cars with non GT3 cars too. There are zero Koenigsegg, no SSC Tuatara, no Glickenhaus, zero McLaren Cars actual in production, ALL cars in GT7 are outdated, especially when you compare it to other games.

That said, I would LOVE it when they update their GT4/GT3 cars. That would bring me back to play the game again. After six years it gets really boring using the same cars with already a newer GT Game... I just play ACC, a game from 2018, because they got the new cars for not too much money, and you don't have to buy the cars in-game to use them... But I love the graphics, sounds of GT7, that's why I would love the addition of new cars, and maybe add some qualifying for custom races, then I would ONLY play GT7. But for now, I play everything EXCEPT GT7...
Because I feel really fooled about the amount of money they demand for the game AND the prices of the cars in-game. If you demand so much credits and money, how can you offer the most outdated car list of them all... Don't let blind yourself of free updates... With zero relevant new cars, tracks, but updated music rally and other millions of Japanese cars that already exist in hundred of versions....

So I love your idea with all that replacements of GT3/4 Cars. I really wish they will come, but to be honest... Look at all the updates to this year... I fear it is just a dream

Last edited:
Like i said before GT never was ONLY about real GT4 and GT3 , if you want that then get ACC or Iracing
in other games cars and tracks aren't free far from that

In terms of cars i count every car , even Evo because it's a updated model - maybe somebody can say it's same car but it isn't

scanned 3D car models take like 2 or 3 times the work of the regular creating the model from scratch but with scans you get model almost 1:1 as much as possible , that's why it takes months to finish a single model

most games don't do that so they can easily create those models from reference pictures thus it's way faster

i get people want more but that's how PD works and they won't change that because some people are asking for it

Last edited:
Technically it is a new model, but for the game developer, there is really not too much work to do the Evo because it looks 99% the same. So maybe it's for YOU a completely new model, but even in the real world it ISN'T! As every GT3 car can be updated easily to the Evo Model. Check the official sites for customer racing of McLaren for example, every racing team using the 720S GT3 can easily update to the Evo Model. They offer that for every customer racing team, cheaper way cheaper than to buy a new Evo. So even in the real world: it's NOT a new model... ;-)

Just read if you like: https://sportscar365.com/industry/mclaren-introduces-evo-update-for-720s-gt3/

Last edited:
Technically it is a new model, but for the game developer, there is really not too much work to do the Evo because it looks 99% the same. So maybe it's for YOU a completely new model, but even in the real world it ISN'T! As every GT3 car can be updated easily to the Evo Model. Check the official sites for customer racing of McLaren for example, every racing team using the 720S GT3 can easily update to the Evo Model. They offer that for every customer racing team, cheaper way cheaper than to buy a new Evo. So even in the real world: it's NOT a new model... ;-)

Just read if you like: https://sportscar365.com/industry/mclaren-introduces-evo-update-for-720s-gt3/
I know that , it's because of costs not every team can afford brand new car , that's why Evos exist
but even they say it's evo model so still counts as a new car

Last edited:

it took Lamborghini a year to develop the Huracán GT3 EVO, it's not Easy as you claim

...you can easily update the 720S GT3 to the Evo because it is the same model. Like EVERY Evo. You could not update any car if it's not the same model. Just talk to a car mechanic... And here we go, Gran Turismo introduced 3 new GT3 cars within the last six years. NONE of them are new models all three just Evo's, looking almost EXACTLY the same. And that's what makes so many people complaining. How a big company demanding so much money but don't really update their game with new cars.. not even one, in six years...

it took Lamborghini a year to develop the Huracán GT3 EVO, it's not Easy as you claim

The realesed two Evo's, McLaren a new 720S GT3 and the Evo. Ferrari realesed the 488, Evo, and the 296 GT3, not to mention BMW, Porsche, ... All car companies was able to develop new cars, race them for couple seasons, retire, develop new models, race them for years, retire them...while a GAME could update not even ONE of them within the same time... I am 42 not 2 years old. While EVERY other game released newer cars within that time period...
...for even less money... ;-)

The realesed two Evo's, McLaren a new 720S GT3 and the Evo. Ferrari realesed the 488, Evo, and the 296 GT3, not to mention BMW, Porsche, ... All car companies was able to develop new cars, race them for couple seasons, retire, develop new models, race them for years, retire them...while a GAME could update not even ONE of them within the same time... I am 42 not 2 years old. While EVERY other game released newer cars within that time period...
...for even less money... ;-)
So you have no understanding of product licensing then

Just talk to a car mechanic :lol:

My best friend works for Porsche close to Berlin, Malchow, he is a mechanic. He could explain everything to you with every aspect of technology and the difference between an update and a new model. And why it is really easy to do an update instead of developing a new model. And it one year because they also work on other cars and projects than just the GT3 Evo 2 (Huracan) because they have more than only one car ;-)

You can do what you want and defend your favorite game in every single way. But facts are facts doesn't matter if you like them or not. Porsche is not too much different than the other companies, just released the 992 version of the 911 GT3 R, even THAT is still not a completely new model to be exact.

But I know, people here are the real deal and All others have no clue when they say something about the game they don't like ;-)

Last edited:
My best friend works for Porsche close to Berlin, Malchow, he is a mechanic. He could explain everything to you with every aspect of technology and the difference between an update and a new model. And why it is really easy to do an update instead of developing a new model. And it one year because they also work on other cars and projects than just the GT3 Evo 2 (Huracan) because they have more than only one car ;-)
let him know to write here ...

I think there are also regulations for what you can upgrade because of the homologation, which makes it even harder

Exactly, and that's not even the only thing they have to do upgrading a GT3 model... Still take them JUST one year, while GT7 doesn't update any real new models for more than six years now, in a VIDEO GAME... No new model at all. And if that would have something to do with licenses, all other, cheaper and older games shouldn't have newer cars either or at least be more expensive, but it's exactly the opposite...

That said, I reall don't care too much. We all got the freedom to play whatever we want, so while my 9 year old son is still playing GT7, I switched to different games because I want more realistic driving - with newer cars.

In the end it's still just a game ;-)

Exactly, and that's not even the only thing they have to do upgrading a GT3 model... Still take them JUST one year, while GT7 doesn't update any real new models for more than six years now, in a VIDEO GAME... No new model at all. And if that would have something to do with licenses, all other, cheaper and older games shouldn't have newer cars either or at least be more expensive, but it's exactly the opposite...

That said, I reall don't care too much. We all got the freedom to play whatever we want, so while my 9 year old son is still playing GT7, I switched to different games because I want more realistic driving - with newer cars.

In the end it's still just a game ;-)
I like how you say you don't care yet you complained like few posts ago ...

good , please stay on topic or don't post in this thread , thanks 🤓

As we going to get the Maserati MC20 , it would be nice to get a proper racing version with it

they deserve their own Gr.3/Gr.4 cars

Last edited:
As we going to get the Maserati MC20 , it would be nice to get a proper racing version with it

they deserve their own Gr.3/Gr.4 cars

That GranTurismo GT4 gave me nightmares in ACC, learning no ABS was quite a journey. Would be nice to have them tho but I bet the MC20 GT2 will probably come on GT 8, things look very slow in terms of adding racecars on GT 7.

I still believe that the categories should be redefined... Away with the FF from the Gr. 4 (and maybe create a sort of TCR), also away with the AWD, also in this case a different category... The same goes for the Gr. 1, the old Group C deserve a special category.

If we had a TCR type category, think of how many cars we could have. Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Audi RS3 LMS, Hyundai Elantra, etc.

I still believe that the categories should be redefined... Away with the FF from the Gr. 4 (and maybe create a sort of TCR), also away with the AWD, also in this case a different category... The same goes for the Gr. 1, the old Group C deserve a special category.

If we had a TCR type category, think of how many cars we could have. Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Audi RS3 LMS, Hyundai Elantra, etc.
100% agree - probably not going to happen in GT7 but maybe in GT8 :D

also Bopping should be easier with more special categories

Last edited:

Womble had a similar idea , what a coincidence :D
Mostly i agree with his ideas but i do have some tweaks

Modern GT500 Supra is different it is not the same as the current Gr.3 Supra , instead let them add actual GT500 Supra and i would keep the Audi DTM in GT500 why not

in GTLM i would add Porsche 911 GT1 and maybe add BMW M3 GT and Z4 too , later they could bring Corvette C6.R , Viper GTS-R Team Oreca , Nissan R390 GT1 and Toyota GT-One - this would be really bombastic class with all of these cars

Personally i would split LMPs into LMP and LMPh , mainly because modern hypercars are slower than older LMPs , otherwise its good :P

Last edited:
Interesting video. While I personally prefer bigger classes because I like the unique era variety it gives in races, the main thing I think they do need to do is at least split Gr.1 into hybrid/non-hybrid, that's the elephant in the room makes that class pretty much un-BoP-able.

Gr.3/Gr.4 they'll never divide, I don't think, because they want the manufacturer diversity for GTWS.

Back