Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

You forget he bumped the Toyota driver twice at some point and didn't get penalty, so the result is biased
The Toyota should have gotten the penalty I think. He took the defensive line so Hizal took the outside but then he moved back over under braking. Changing lines, especially when battling for position when braking is illegal.
To me the second hit looked like the Alfa Romeo hit @TRL LIGHTNING into Lopez, then passed them both on the inside.

Congrats to Hizal and the Alfa team, though they did a disservice for the BOP making those cars look competitive.

I'm also amazed at how those guys can drive sub-par cars at such incredible pace. I wonder if for the aliens the meta shifts somewhat.

I'm also amazed at how those guys can drive sub-par cars at such incredible pace. I wonder if for the aliens the meta shifts somewhat.
Ideally every manufacturer has an equal chance of winning the World Tour but it just isn't the case.

Look at Alfa Romeo. Arguably the most stacked team as each of their drivers are also in the Top 5 of their respective Nations Cup competitions. And yet they still weren't close to getting a podium overall at the World Tour.

For me personally when i was driving i didn't feel getting hit by the Alfa when i hit the Toyota on the second time. But i slowed to let the Toyota throw again.
I couldn't really tell from the stream - it looked like your car didn't slow between the two taps, as if you'd got some extra speed from behind, but I actually couldn't spot your speed going up (which is usually the tell-tale sign of getting tagged!), so I just wasn't sure.

Perhaps the stewards saw our article about you getting a penalty at RBR despite letting people past and decided not to penalise you for the tap because you let the Toyota keep the place :lol:

Not sure if you're in some silly mood or something but, that 'Chilean' as you call it, does, have a name you know?

Sorry, you're probably just joking but, to me, it came off a bit disrespectful. Especially, considering who he is along with his quite colorful accomplishments on his Sim Racing resume.:)

:lol::lol: It's not your fault bud :lol::lol:.. After re-reading his post for about the 3rd time to try and figure out just exactly what he was tring to convey, it totally hit me at once and I burst out into laughter.

I think the reason we were confused that he was solely talking about Nick's performance within the Mercedes team was because, he was saying ' 3 Pointed Stars', rather then calling Mercedes The Silver Arrows :lol:.

Since when is referring to a country where someone comes from disrespectful?

So, GT3 cars are called Silver Arrows are they?

4E538ABD-3702-4D56-9DAE-A7E807CD34F1.jpeg

It’s my perception that Latkovski is marketed as the No. 1 driver for the 3-pointed star at these events. The Chilean With the Pro TCR drive doesn’t get that title by default of being a real world racer?
He surely doesn’t play the game and practice as much so he’s likely slower than Lokowski.

And I think you’re referring to Valverda? He’s not Chilean, I think he’s from Costa Rica

Ideally every manufacturer has an equal chance of winning the World Tour but it just isn't the case.

Look at Alfa Romeo. Arguably the most stacked team as each of their drivers are also in the Top 5 of their respective Nations Cup competitions. And yet they still weren't close to getting a podium overall at the World Tour.

Yeah, you're right. Of course it is pretty much impossible to have perfect balance (besides having identical cars), since one is going to favor better handling vs another straight speed etc, but I do wish some balancing was done on the lesser played ones. It seems the BoP updates always focus on the top choices, and cars like the Z4 get zero attention.

Also, Toyota has always been a top choice and is also an official partner. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Yep. You'll see our article in about 90 minutes, with the stream starting an hour after that.

I'll merge the article's thread into this one. Seems appropriate to have the live stream threads in the same place!

Thank you very much. :)

Mmh seems interesting to have the Fittipaldi with sports hard in Nations.
Car automatically is equipped with racing hard and i enjoy driving it (aside a bit of understeer)

Glad they are avoiding the unbalanced N class, the Gr.B should be slightly more balanced

On the train heading into the city. Should be at the venue by 11:30 the latest. Anyone there yet? I've got a white Senna hat and Le Mans shirt. If you see me call me out!
As usual they've got 2 train lines using 1 on a Sunday and the (F) Train is crawling into the city.

Was hoping to get there by 1pm but it's looking more like 1:15ish.

I'm wearing a blue N.Y. Rangers tee shirt.

Looking forward to it :gtpflag:.

Yeah, you're right. Of course it is pretty much impossible to have perfect balance (besides having identical cars), since one is going to favor better handling vs another straight speed etc, but I do wish some balancing was done on the lesser played ones. It seems the BoP updates always focus on the top choices, and cars like the Z4 get zero attention.

BoP should be based on overall usage stats, for events where all cars in that class are eligible. (As opposed to have some available, like some of the Gr.4 races that were limited to the FF cars. That said I think more events with “sub-rules” would be great, too, like a Gr.1 race that’s more specifically limited to the Group C cars.)

Well, so much for that new Real World Track I was looking forward to.

Back