Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Either hub works on PlayStation if you have the PlayStation base already - you're just making a choice as to whether you need Xbox compatibility or not.
Cheers for that Rich, that was a question I had. Might as well save a few quid and get the PC version then.

Another question I have is... Do the mounting holes on the base of the shifter/handbrake match up with the holes on the Playseat Trophy accessory plate? It'd be handy if they did.

It is nice to see Logitech expanding the DD Pro line, but I'm a little disappointed with the wheel options. This hub removes the clutch paddles and has basically the same buttons. I was hoping for more of those rotary buttons.

But it's cool that they added that adapter to use other brand wheels. I'm guessing you will lose the trueforce effect, which is one of the biggest selling points of the DD Pro. So for me, whatever option you choose, it'll still be missing something.
I was hoping for a Mclaren style steering wheel but it was likely that a rim like that would cost $500 so despite everything I liked the prices, I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale in Brazil, it's likely that I bought the GT rim xbox adapter and the qr. The flywheel itself will cost $220 which is an ok price, I believe that removing clutches has to do with costs too, to tell the truth I almost never used them

I thought we’d been pretty clear in the assets we’ve shared, but apparently not 😀. All good: the Xbox Hub works fine on the PS base. Every button just works as its logical match for the other platform - A = Cross, Xbox button becomes the PS button etc.

QR adapter is PC-only as there’s no button to be a PS button.

Hi man! Nice work yesterday! Im in Sweden and ordered the qr adapter, but it’s just a pre-order. Are there any news of when these Will be available? Are we talking days, weeks or months?

I haven't been following the compatibility stuff closely because I only have PS5.

Why would anyone buy the Xbox version of the base, if the PS version is compatible with all 3 platforms? What am I missing? Just curious to understand it!

@Haverstaken It's interesting - I've seen that comment a few times today and it's not a problem: Trueforce is generated by the base, so no matter which wheel you attach you still have that.

@krille_r should be within the next week or two.

@CustomX it's not really an "Xbox" version of the base. It's a PC base, to which you can add Xbox compatibility if you like or, if you're not interested in consoles, you just opt for a PC wheel and save some cash.

@IfAndOr Yes, although depending on whether you have the newer or older version of the shifter plate you may have to get creative with mounting, similar to how Will Ford had things set up in his review (we've been doing that for months, with the Handbrake up top and the shifter down in front below it).

Last edited:
I think he means that for now, H shifter is technically covered by the available G series shifter + the compatibility hub. Certainly it's not up the standard of the pro series, but I can see why if it takes this long to develop and release the handbrake/sequential, they prioritized it over a second H shifter since there was no previous handbrake or sequential option and now this new product covers both. Not what I would have done, but then again I am a customer not a product developer.
I can't imagine anyone buying that G-series shifter after buying a G Pro wheel. They are in completely different leagues. So for those Pro owners that shifter might as well be non-existent. But it could explain it...wouldn't have been my train of thought either though.

Last edited:
I imagine most people who use the G series shifter are people like me who already owned one with a G29/G923 and then kept using it with the Pro rig. Its not terrible, to be really honest. I do enjoy using it still, but I definitely want and expect a Pro H shifter considering the cost of buying into the ecosystem and the fact that I did so because I wanted a less plastic fantastic experience

Last edited:
I was hoping for a Mclaren style steering wheel but it was likely that a rim like that would cost $500 so despite everything I liked the prices, I'm waiting to see if it goes on sale in Brazil, it's likely that I bought the GT rim xbox adapter and the qr. The flywheel itself will cost $220 which is an ok price, I believe that removing clutches has to do with costs too, to tell the truth I almost never used them
It usually takes a few weeks to be available here. I'll get the QR Adapter. Not excited to see the prices here, tho rs.

@LOGI_Rich Oh wow.. that's great!! I thought that was something on the wheel for sure :lol:
Thanks for clarifying.

@CustomX It's a similar situation to the G29/G923 pedals. You would be astonished how many units of the Driving Force Shifter are out there and when people want to upgrade, the shifter is often the last thing they look at; the wheel and pedals are way higher on the list. Plus at this point the third party mod scene for the shifter is huge (as it is for the pedals) and people have often already gone to the trouble of improving it, so don't need to update yet.

You all know how much time I spend on forums, so you know we hear you!

My initial thoughts from racing with the new RS Track wheel yesterday:

tldr: I think the shape of the wheel could genuinely be off putting to many people. However when I was racing with it, I never felt the form factor compromised the driving experience. Also differentiates Logitech from Moza, who have gone more down the route of discrete wheels rather then hub and rim.

@CustomX It's a similar situation to the G29/G923 pedals. You would be astonished how many units of the Driving Force Shifter are out there and when people want to upgrade, the shifter is often the last thing they look at; the wheel and pedals are way higher on the list. Plus at this point the third party mod scene for the shifter is huge (as it is for the pedals) and people have often already gone to the trouble of improving it, so don't need to update yet.

You all know how much time I spend on forums, so you know we hear you!
Would be very interested to know at what point the decision was made to go "yoke" style for the RS Track!

I can't imagine anyone buying that G-series shifter after buying a G Pro wheel. They are in completely different leagues. So for those Pro owners that shifter might as well be non-existent. But it could explain it...wouldn't have been my train of thought either though.
agreed, I never bought it with my G29 and now with the pro DD I am still holding out for a new shifter. We may be in the minority though.

Don't know why the new wheels are 290mm while the G-Pro wheel is 300mm. Would have preferred them sticking with 300mm.

Two other things I'm not a fan of are that the buttons on the new hub are not changeable and that the hub is very deliberately made in a way that makes sure you can't use anything but Logitech wheels.

I get why they do it of course.

The entire ecosystem is not the slam dunk I wanted it to be.

I'm still in the market for a new wheel (for GT7) and now I can't decide between the G-Pro wheel (that has a hub attached) or the new hub and the Momo wheel. Somehow feel like it shouldn't be this way.

Last edited:
Don't know why the new wheels are 290mm while the G-Pro wheel is 300mm. Would have preferred them sticking with 300mm.

Two other things I'm not a fan of are that the buttons on the new hub are not changeable and that the hub is very deliberately made in a way that makes sure you can't use anything but Logitech wheels.

I get why they do it of course.

The entire ecosystem is not the slam dunk I wanted it to be.

I'm still in the market for a new wheel (for GT7) and now I can't decide between the G-Pro wheel (that has a hub attached) or the new hub and the Moza wheel. Somehow feel like it shouldn't be this way.
Moza won’t have native support technically.

That said, I think the new Momo round wheel should be 320mm (or at least that’s what I assumed the 320 meant). Could be wrong though.

Moza won’t have native support technically.

That said, I think the new Momo round wheel should be 320mm (or at least that’s what I assumed the 320 meant). Could be wrong though.
Sorry. Typo. I meant Momo.

Just looked into it - You're right about the Momo wheels being 320mm. Still would have perferred 300.

Last edited:
Hey Kireth,

That was part of the early design explorations in 2022, but with regards to your point that it's not a realistic shape...

MOMO
Sparco
MPI

One of the key features of these designs is exactly the point you made about comfort, but also safety - there's less chance of your thumb getting stuck. We hear you on the concerns you mentioned if the driver loses control of the wheel but, honestly, the same thing applies to any other formula/GT wheel! A lot of user testing goes into these choices as well - nothing we do is developed in a vacuum :-)

@GlamFM I've seen a few people think the same thing (that we intentionally made it so other wheels can't be used) and honestly it was never part of the intention - having buttons on the spokes is just a great location to have them within easy reach. You may remember that we've consistently done this over the years in our wheel designs, so this is definitely nothing new. This is all about ergonomics, not gate keeping.

I kind of get the feeling that I am the target customer for the hub and new wheels - and I did the "shut up and take my money" during the launch yesterday. I then watched Boosted Media's review to see if I was ok with my impulse order of the hub and track wheel.

I started out on PS5 with a G923 and Playseat challenge. I went down the upgrade path when the G pro was launched, and while Fanatec began to suffer with customer service issues.

Pedals > strengthening mods for the playseat challenge > 8020 rig > G pro wheelbase.

This gave me an acceptable upgrade path at the time - i.e. I was never "all in".

For the cost involved, the hub and track wheel gives me something different, plus the 2 additional buttons might make it easier for me to actually get into PC titles rather than just GT7 on the PS5.
The fact that the hub opens up future possibilities is what excites me.

What I would like to see in time - Hub V2 with more rotary dials, more wheels including "branded" replicas.
Even if I ever go deep into PC titles, I don't think I will ever stop playing the Gran Turismo series.
The Pro wheel has never dis-connected during game play, and the feel of logitech wheels in your hands is great. I am looking forward to receiving my "your order has shipped" e-mail.

Ordered the RS Hub and Track wheel. To me, the wheel looks really good. Less than 300 cad...a smoking deal for a wheel.

Last edited:
Can the original D wheel be used as a "hub" by say making a different mould of the upcoming Momo wheel that we can attach in place of our existing wheel rim?

@stb_80

Either hub works on PlayStation if you have the PlayStation base already - you're just making a choice as to whether you need Xbox compatibility or not.

@RafalDybek no plans to at the moment, for precisely the reason above.

The QR adapter is to connect just about ANY other steering wheel, MOMO's premium racing wheels included. Provided it attaches with a 70mm or 50.8mm front-mounting, or 70mm rear-mounting bolt pattern then you should be able to attach it. That also means that you can connect other sim racing wheels that have their own USB connection: Simagic, Cube Controls, Gomez Sim Industries, Ascher... the list goes on. But it has to be on PC because those wheels can't connect to a PlayStation.

@tinyman392 it's simply because it doesn't have a PS button with which you can register the wheel to the console - there's no way round that requirement.

@Sturdy the handbrake has both a digital and analog mode.

Thank you for confirming the PlayStation usability @LOGI_Rich Apologies this wasn't entirely clear but it's a relief that if I did buy the PC Hub + MOMO Round Rim when it releases that I can race on GT7 without issue! 😊

Out if interest are there PS Buttons Included or purchase able as an extra or will it be the stickers?

I will be purchasing the Handbrake/RS Shifter this holiday for Xmas and will go nicely on the Logitech PlaySeat Trophy. Will patiently await the MOMO RS Round Wheels and hope and pray for a McLaren Rim in 2025 🙏🏼

Can the original D wheel be used as a "hub" by say making a different mould of the upcoming Momo wheel that we can attach in place of our existing wheel rim?
No, it was never designed to do so - different bolt pattern dimensions, different shaping and the whole wheel is seriously glued together as well.

I’ve said it elsewhere but this year was all about filling the gaps in the range with products that we didn’t have, as well as opening things up for the future.

The desire for a more premium H pattern shifter is real and we obviously know this, but we can’t work on everything all at once. There’s still more to come, but definitely not this year.
Good enough for me, I will obliterate my driving force shifter in the meantime. ;)

Thanks @LOGI_Rich I really love the look of the new track wheel! And I really appreciate rotating the right hand dial so it is orthogonal to the plane of the wheel, I think that is way more comfortable.

As someone who already owns the "d-shaped" pro wheel and who plays GT7 mostly in VR I am wondering how the experience of the new "track" wheel will feel different to the d-shaped wheel. If I just pretended that my d-shaped rim had no top part and I always held it at 9 and 3 o'clock would the experience of the grip be very similar to the track wheel grip while in VR? Or has the shape of the new track wheel been highly refined/optimized for that 9-3 grip so that it will feel very different from the d-shaped wheel even if blind-folded?

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich

Before I upgrade...I am still getting this issue and it IS impacting how the wheel works.

Again running a lobby change lobby settings wheel reverts then 900 instead of 1080. It's almost like It's running in g G29 mode.

It's not that I see it and then react it's that all of a sudden the car handles very differently and then I noticed it when I check. So I switched to a different profile on the fly and immediately it worked. Took a 5-minute break jumped back in and the car just doesn't turn right again.... I check and it's again gone back into this 900 mode.

To be clear it changes the angle when I get in the car the car to 540 but it doesn't feel right and doesn't turn the same way.

If I'm the only one experiencing this then I have to have an issue with my hardware.

Thanks @LOGI_Rich I really love the look of the new track wheel! And I really appreciate rotating the right hand dial so it is orthogonal to the plane of the wheel, I think that is way more comfortable.

As someone who already owns the "d-shaped" pro wheel and who plays GT7 mostly in VR I am wondering how the experience of the new "track" wheel will feel different to the d-shaped wheel. If I just pretended that my d-shaped rim had no top part and I always held it at 9 and 3 o'clock would the experience of the grip be very similar to the track wheel grip while in VR? Or has the shape of the new track wheel been highly refined/optimized for that 9-3 grip so that it will feel very different from the d-shaped wheel even if blind-folded?
I'm exactly in the same situation. Considering the button layout is almost the same. I see no practical usage of the GT3 style wheel other than visual and immersion. Looks like the original wheel was well build. The round wheel will be a good option for drift guys, though. Sequential / Handbrake is also very good.

Last edited:
So who’s buying a drive hub now?
Probably some of the same people as before, those that want to use an H-pattern shifter with the G Pro wheel for the next year or two before a potential Logitech option surfaces.

Looking forward to the larger Momo round wheel, shame it'll miss the Christmas buying season! I may well pick up a handbrake at some point but not quite an instant buy as I'm not playing GT7 as much at the moment.

Last edited:
@TurboBoy64 and @morfei1 There's more than just the visual aspect to it - the shape is different in the hands. In development and testing the feedback was that it felt like it gave them more control, especially in tight corners/hairpins. It's a combination of those "bulges" you see at the back, as well as the way it kicks out slightly near the heel of your palm.

@Tommy moon I can 100% assure you it's not a faulty wheel. As for why others aren't reporting this, everyone's different. The human body is a great adapter, so people may not notice, whereas others are sensitive to small details. I think you could help here by properly detailing exactly what you're doing, how you're checking functionality (in the car, in the options screen?) in detail, exactly why you think it's not steering correctly with concrete examples, including car, tyre, setup etc. We can then pass that on to Polyphony so they can look into it.

Same here VR wise and contemplating if I would actually feel a difference, I’m going to try and force myself to keep a 9-3 grip as a test see if I can imagine in VR it’s the look of the new track wheel. What I’m more concerned about in terms of actually buying the new hub and GT style wheel is from Boosted Media’s video and the noise of the buttons when truforce is set to 100.

@TurboBoy64 and @morfei1 There's more than just the visual aspect to it - the shape is different in the hands. In development and testing the feedback was that it felt like it gave them more control, especially in tight corners/hairpins. It's a combination of those "bulges" you see at the back, as well as the way it kicks out slightly near the heel of your palm.

@Tommy moon I can 100% assure you it's not a faulty wheel. As for why others aren't reporting this, everyone's different. The human body is a great adapter, so people may not notice, whereas others are sensitive to small details. I think you could help here by properly detailing exactly what you're doing, how you're checking functionality (in the car, in the options screen?) in detail, exactly why you think it's not steering correctly with concrete examples, including car, tyre, setup etc. We can then pass that on to Polyphony so they can look into it.
Ok...I'll do the best I can. Seems to happen most prevalently in lobbies. So I actually feel the difference first, FFB is different, weight of the wheel, wheel is more jumpy and less subtle detail with the tires. However, the most obvious difference is that the steering input is off between the physical wheel and the car.

When this happens I check the base and Everytime to default angle goes to 900 from 1080. If I adjust it persists. I can switch to a different on wheel profile that fixes this but temporarily. I can back out restart and it fixes...today I was in GT3 porche on hard/ med/soft tires.... But it is independent of the tires.

Back