Logitech G25 or the Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel??

i got the standard pedals :) i wanted the clubsports but i couldnt imagine forking over that much money for a gaming wheel :P ill use that money towards my real car

I should have posted this earlier but here is my experience with fanatec
I was the first few people who ordered the original 911 wheel, and after months of delay
it finally arrived, unfortunately it did not pass customs and I had to pay an additional $50...
that was fine.
Then after only a few weeks of playing, the shifter died, the pedals kept getting stuck and in the end died as well. After exchanging a few emails, fanatec decided to ship me a brand new revised 911 wheel. Great service I thought...unfortunately I had to pay another $50 to pass customs. The revised wheel had an improved pedal resistance, shifter had more grip and to this date, still working fine.
However, last xmas with the "gt5p" patch, it messed up the compatibility with gt5p. The only racing game I play...the wheel would not work unless I set the ps3 date to 2007. Weird, but fanatec said they will have a patch after holidays. It is near the end of April and there has been no update nor any sign of a fix. The only things I see fanatec doing are releasing more products and ditching their old customers.

edit:
thx Gabkicks, it was the gt5 update not ps3 update

Last edited:
thats unfortunate :( I'm surprised that they haven't released a gt5p flash yet for the wheel. If i remember correctly, the problem was caused by a GT5P update. So I dont know if a GT5P update will fix it, or a bios flash of the wheel. I was told that new drivers for the pc would be released in early May.

I was told that the RS wheel does work with GT5P ... They will be sending my wheel This week. I wonder .. I really hope its working.

yeah, the ffb is just fine for me in games. I couldn't ask for better ffb in iRacing.

So iRacing and Fanatec is perfect match? Thats great, because as soon my wheel arives, I'll sing up for 3 months of iRacing, and see where that takes me afterwords

Hmm... makes me a bit nervous about the RS wheel. Will it work with GT5P, F1CE & FC?

How do you know yours is being shipped next week Nox?

I was told that the RS wheel does work with GT5P ... They will be sending my wheel This week. I wonder .. I really hope its working.

So iRacing and Fanatec is perfect match? Thats great, because as soon my wheel arives, I'll sing up for 3 months of iRacing, and see where that takes me afterwords

yeah the ffb is very nice and very lifelike when paired with iRacing.

Hmm... makes me a bit nervous about the RS wheel. Will it work with GT5P, F1CE & FC?

How do you know yours is being shipped next week Nox?

Fanatec guy said it himself

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3364723&postcount=199

Just give him quick email to confirm if it can play, they say its made for PC use mostly with some PS3 titles working.. I dont know why they PS3 popular racing games should not be compatible with RS wheel.. they should patch it up or something like that.

Im not saying it wont work from the start. Im saying if future updates screw your compatibility, better hope fanatec does something about it.

He said it last week 3-4 weeks.

So now its going to be 2-3 week wait, if my wheel is shipping this week, it will take then less then two weeks. So by end of April and very Early May we will get the wheels.

The shipment will arrive on the 9th of May in Europe and on the 14th of May in the USA.

Customs and shipment to customers will take another one or two weeks.

Last edited:
If you buy the Clubsports in the "Turbo S" CS package it also has rubber matt for the pedals.
You dont seem to get this with the GT3RS CS package.

Seems you only get this if you order Turbo S in CS package as I suppose it is the luxury product.

*Above info is taken from the comparsion chart available on Fanatecs website

Back