Looking for a budget wheel!

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 42 comments
Life is indeed too short to not do what makes you happy. My fiancee shares this belief thankfully, so she supports me spending money on my real life car taking it to the track and she is also fully supportive of me building my new sim racing set up. I'm glad she isn't keeping a running tab of how much it costs me lol. I've been lucky though, I was asked to supervise a large job out of state so I've been working away earning fairly good money, so it's kind of like a reward as we have still been able to save a good amount of money on top of buying things we've needed like paying for my son's surgery, a few things for our wedding etc. Shes still studying too, and as a result not working yet so she appreciates the work I do to feed us all.

Works both ways of course, I don't have any issues with her buying things for herself and the kids, she got to choose the car she wanted to drive the kids around in and get to Uni and shes going mad on wedding planning, so she's happy.

Hence why I have a G25 spare currently. I was thinking of building a simple compact little unit so the kids can play with it out in the lounge occasionally, and they won't want to put their sticky hands all over my CSW v2 :)

Does anyone know where I can get a good wheel at a budget price? I want a decent one with 900 degree rotation and good force feedback. I used to have a driving force gt, and I was happy with that. I don't want to get a worse wheel than that, but I don't have a lot of money so that is important. I remember getting the DFGT for about $100 brand new on Amazon. Now I can't get it on Amazon Canada, unless I want to pay $300 (!!!!). Ebay ranges from $160-$400....for a used one :eek::crazy::crazy::yuck:. Being in Canada definitely hurts sometimes.

I am willing to pay close to $100 for a used one, and MAYBE up to $150 for a new one, taxes and shipping included. I work two jobs because my wife is not well, so paying for a T500 is way out of the question. And I looked into the Hori ones they sell at Gamestop, but based on the reviews they don't help you with lap times at all. (If any of you know where I can get a deal on a G25/27 that would be awesome!👍) Thanks!
Hi Benny,

I have a used DFGT that I could sell you since I plan on upgrading to the T300. Let me know your zip and I can figure out what shipping will cost.

Hi Benny,

I have a used DFGT that I could sell you since I plan on upgrading to the T300. Let me know your zip and I can figure out what shipping will cost.
Thanks!(that includes everyone's offer) but I live in Canada (Nova Scotia to be exact)so I don't think it would be worth it to ship, especially over the border. I am still looking but another bill came my way so I may have to wait a couple weeks. Patience is a virtue (or so they say)

Does anyone know where I can get a good wheel at a budget price? I want a decent one with 900 degree rotation and good force feedback. I used to have a driving force gt, and I was happy with that. I don't want to get a worse wheel than that, but I don't have a lot of money so that is important. I remember getting the DFGT for about $100 brand new on Amazon. Now I can't get it on Amazon Canada, unless I want to pay $300 (!!!!). Ebay ranges from $160-$400....for a used one :eek::crazy::crazy::yuck:. Being in Canada definitely hurts sometimes.

I am willing to pay close to $100 for a used one, and MAYBE up to $150 for a new one, taxes and shipping included. I work two jobs because my wife is not well, so paying for a T500 is way out of the question. And I looked into the Hori ones they sell at Gamestop, but based on the reviews they don't help you with lap times at all. (If any of you know where I can get a deal on a G25/27 that would be awesome!👍) Thanks!
I'm looking for a ps4 wheel for driveclub in October and ran into the thrustmaster t80 its listed for 99.99 at ebgame here in the states.

I'm looking for a ps4 wheel for driveclub in October and ran into the thrustmaster t80 its listed for 99.99 at ebgame here in the states.
No, times infinity. That thing is exactly why people very clearly state to go no lower than a DFGT.

You can find a t80 online for less than $100, so look around, I don't think it'll hold a candle to any FFB wheel but I still bet it'll be more fun than a controller.

You can find a t80 online for less than $100, so look around, I don't think it'll hold a candle to any FFB wheel but I still bet it'll be more fun than a controller.
No no no no no NO. FFB is an absolute minimum.

While I agree, and YOU agree, some people don't HAVE to have FFB. As long as the input is ACCURATE and the price fits their budget... I still say any wheel is better than NO wheel. Still I haven't used a T80, so take that for what you will.

If we were still in a world where the FFB wheels were TWICE the price of the bungee wheels I'd be like NO NO NO... get the FFB wheel... (I used to BEG my GT4 customers to buy the $150 Logitech DFP, an AMAZING wheel for it's day, over the $79.99 MadCatz MC2... and probably sold the MadCatz 5 to 1) but it takes that special kind of crazy to drop $400+ on a wheel, and right now for PS4 that's what it'll cost you to get FFB. I understand you COULD save up... but really some people just have a HARD TIME dropping that kind of dough on a "toy."

Last edited:
While I agree, and YOU agree, some people don't HAVE to have FFB. As long as the input is ACCURATE and the price fits their budget... I still say any wheel is better than NO wheel. Still I haven't used a T80, so take that for what you will.

If we were still in a world where the FFB wheels were TWICE the price of the bungee wheels I'd be like NO NO NO... get the FFB wheel... (I used to BEG my GT4 customers to buy the $150 Logitech DFP, an AMAZING wheel for it's day, over the $79.99 MadCatz MC2... and probably sold the MadCatz 5 to 1) but it takes that special kind of crazy to drop $400 on a wheel, and right now for PS4 that's what it'll cost you to get FFB. I understand you COULD save up... but really some people just have a HARD TIME dropping that kind of dough on a "toy."
Fair point, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to recommend one, not when you could find a decent FFB wheel second hand at a similar price.

But yes, not all of us are so nuts willing to spend so much on sim racing.

Back