Make your bold predictions for Forza Motorsport (8)'s launch content

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 43 comments
Philippines
Philippines
GBalao888
GBalao888
There was already a thread based on which tracks will be featured in the game, so let's try something else, based on the content alone:

Remember that Forza Motorsport 8 will feature over 500 cars and 20 track environments, so keep it around that region.

Car List:
  • The car list will be somewhere in the high 500’s, like around 550 to 570 cars.
  • Motorsport disciplines will range from IMSA to FIA WEC, Blancpain, Can-Am, Formula Drift, historic Grand Prix, vintage prototypes and even TCR. There is also the possibility for Super GT/JGTC and DTM to return after a long absence since Motorsport 4.
  • There will still be some SUV’s and pick-up trucks, despite them not being shown in any game footage so far as of writing, but the more hardcore off-road production cars will not be present at launch. Kind of like Motorsport 3 where SUV’s and pick-up trucks made their debut, but they were actually the more sporty ones as opposed to off-roaders.
  • There will likely be no rally cars, trophy trucks, rally raid cars and buggies at launch, as it is likely that there won’t be any form of rally and/or off-road racing from the start of the game’s lifespan, preferring to focus on asphalt-based motorsport before anything else.
  • NASCAR and IndyCar won’t be featured at launch, likely because of their involvement with the Ponzi scheme that is Motorsport Games.
  • It is currently unknown if Hot Wheels concept vehicles will make it, but good candidates would be the Hot Wheels Ford Mustang, as it is a popular drift car, and the Bad to the Blade will make for an exciting one-make series as it is an open-wheeler with a lot of downforce.
  • It is also unknown whether or not V8 Supercars will return. (UPDATE: Two V8 Supercars, the 2017 Ford Falcon FG X and the 2017 Holden VF Commodore, are confirmed for the game.)
  • Formula E might still make it in the game, but they’ll likely skip the second-generation cars.
  • Certain Stellantis brands such as Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Fiat and Lancia may possibly return after having their licensing issues sorted out. It also seems likely that there will be no “missing manufacturer syndrome” this time around. (UPDATE: The aforementioned brands are returning to Forza Horizon 5 with the "Italian Automotive" update, so this is looking quite likely.)
  • There won’t be any Forza Editions in the game. (UPDATE: There will likely be Forza Editions for FM8, as it is mentioned as part of the VIP Membership pack.)
  • It’s possible that most oddball cars from Motorsport 7 may not make it to the game at launch. However, one such oddball that has a good chance of returning would be the Honda Odyssey, given its popularity with the community.
  • It is unknown, but highly unlikely that some Hoonigan vehicles may return at launch.
  • As with tradition in the Forza series since Motorsport 5, it is likely that the cover car will be a previously unseen vehicle that is yet to be unveiled, or has yet to reach production. (UPDATE: The cover cars of Forza Motorsport 8 are the Cadillac V-Series.R and Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray, which interestingly enough, the V-Series.R is the first race car to be a cover car in a Forza title.)
  • The six cars that were previously shown, but held back for release (Audi R8 LMS, Cadillac DPi-V.R, Ginetta G60 LT-P1, Oreca 07, Porsche 935 and Porsche 956) will likely be part of a day one update or DLC. (UPDATE: The Audi R8 LMS is indeed, part of the Race Day Car Pack, alongside previously seen cars such as the Acura NSX GT3 and Ford Focus ST BTCC. The rest will likely be added back as part of the launch day car list.)
Tracks:
  • Despite some doubts, tracks like the Nürburgring (especially the Nordschleife) and Le Mans will actually be there at launch. (UPDATE: Le Mans and the Nürburgring are confirmed, but with no Nordschleife at launch.)
  • As for city tracks, I believe Turn Ten would like to revisit the series’ roots and add back the New York circuit from the original Motorsport, this time reimagined. It would make sense, given that Microsoft has an experience center in Fifth Avenue, Manhattan, NYC.
  • There won’t be any rally/rallycross tracks at launch. This may also explain why some off-roaders, rally cars, trophy trucks and buggies aren’t in the game from day one. It also wouldn’t make sense to have them just race on tarmac roads when there isn’t any off-road racing.
  • It is already confirmed that previously unseen historic track layouts will come to the game.
  • The Top Gear Test Track will not be included, as it is likely that Forza’s partnership with Top Gear has ended shortly after Horizon 4, not to mention, the state of modern Top Gear (post-The Grand Tour) hasn't been any good so far.
  • All tracks will have 24-hour dynamic time of day and complete dynamic weather, as it was confirmed by Chris Esaki himself.

Last edited:
This is just a complete guess; but what if the next gen Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe was the cover car? I don't think it's been officially revealed yet. I've also heard some murmurings of Fujimi returning but take those with a grain of salt of course.

This is just a complete guess; but what if the next gen Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe was the cover car? I don't think it's been officially revealed yet. I've also heard some murmurings of Fujimi returning but take those with a grain of salt of course.
I'd say there are several choices if they follow the "never been in a videogame" trend(i thought the revuelto would be one, but asphalt 9 already has the car). Theres the upcoming Mclaren 750s, S650 Mustang, Alfa 6C, GMA cars etc. But there is a good chance they go with a race car (or atleast track car) this time around.

Maybe we all just look like conspiracy theorists, and the actual cover car will be the C8.R lol.

They are under licence of Motorsport games as well, so i think that T10 will need pre-2019 WEC cars or use the fact that LMDh are on IMSA as well, maybe some HyperCars if they decide run IMSA as well

There will still be some pick-up trucks
I dont see why it would be a bad thing, Non off-road PickUp Racing is a fun common thing to have in some countries like Australia, Thailand and others its pretty much part of Auto Racing nowadays

IndyCar won’t be featured at launch
I have a feeling they will use old indycars like 80s 90s, maybe CART or ChampCar cars as way to fill the indycar void, actually also i think they will try use some racing series to fill the Formula void that comes with non F1 or Indy with some not much known Formula car, kinda like how Gran Turismo is using Super Formula to fill the F1 void with those cars

Formula E might still make it in the game, but they’ll likely skip the second-generation cars.
The fact Extreme E is on Forza Horizon 5 kinda confirms FE will be on Motorsport since its pretty much the same group that organizes Formula E, also ironically seems to be the only FIA event that isnt exclusivally owned by someone (it used to have WTCR too but WTCR was replaced with other TCR car series from 2023, but those cars will likely be on Forza as well since FH5 had various TCR cars showing up on the game)
I think they will follow the IMSA route of put 2021/2022 cars first then adding 2023 in late 2023 or early 2024

It also seems likely that there will be no “missing manufacturer syndrome” this time around.
I think that GR86 (Stock or the new GR86 NA Cup), GR Yaris and GR Corolla will make their Forza Debut

[*]Given its popularity within the community, it is possible that Fujimi Kaido may actually return.
Fujimi was replaced by Circuit Hakone that will be a copyright-free version of Fuji Speedway since it is PRETTY MUCH NEARBY the Lake Hakone, in fact the Lake and Fuji Speedway were part of same cycling circuit for the Tokyo Olympic games

[*]It is already confirmed that previously unseen historic track layouts will come to the game.
BUT since it will really happen. i have a feeling that Fuji Speedway will be also in the game, not just it, i think they will feature (in Hakone or Fuji) the 70s, the 80s, and 90s version of Fuji Speedway akin Polyphone did in Gran Turismo 4

Last edited:
I know I am in the minority, and I know it won't happen.....but I would love for Forza Motorsport to steer more towards an ACC game and less of a simcade like GT7/FM7. A similar car list as ACC, focus on physics, qualifying. Less focus on having 600-700 cars and a million tracks.

It won't happen though because the audience would be too niche.

That said, I am still pumped anyway, because I can still just play ACC as well.

FM7's wheel support is hot garbage, at least on a DD wheel. I've never once seen any footage of people using a wheel and pedals, so their content will be missing up to date wheel support I'd imagine. I hope they have a demo so I can try it out though, cause if it DID have good wheel support, I'd be game to play it for sure.

Jerome

FM7's wheel support is hot garbage, at least on a DD wheel. I've never once seen any footage of people using a wheel and pedals, so their content will be missing up to date wheel support I'd imagine. I hope they have a demo so I can try it out though, cause if it DID have good wheel support, I'd be game to play it for sure.

Jerome
This doesn't prove much but Chris Esaki (Creative Director at Turn10) did say that they playtested a lot using a wheel. You can see it in the background, whenever he shows up on Forza Monthly

Screenshot 2023-04-11 002533.png

Don't know which wheel it is. Might be a csl elite.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 003147.png

Chris has spoken quite a bit about community and community building, could we see a return to form like how fm4 dealt with storefronts? Being able to preview liveries before I bought/downloaded them was nice. Whatever they do, I just hope they have actually proper community features this time around.

This doesn't prove much but Chris Esaki (Creative Director at Turn10) did say that they playtested a lot using a wheel. You can see it in the background, whenever he shows up on Forza Monthly
Chris also said many times that wanted make a game that were great for both controller users and wheel users

That is all great news, let's hope! Thx for the info guys!

Jerome

I know I am in the minority, and I know it won't happen.....but I would love for Forza Motorsport to steer more towards an ACC game and less of a simcade like GT7/FM7. A similar car list as ACC, focus on physics, qualifying. Less focus on having 600-700 cars and a million tracks.

It won't happen though because the audience would be too niche.

That said, I am still pumped anyway, because I can still just play ACC as well.
I'd be fine with the game going in a more realistic direction physics/gameplay wise, but the last thing I want to see is another GT3-fest. I used to be a huge fan of GT-class racing but GT3 has become so overdone I have almost no interest in it anymore, and sadly nearly every sim out there is flooded with GT3 racing and unoriginal people who just constantly drive GT3 cars at Monza/Spa/Silverstone over and over and over again.

We know FM8 will have plenty of GT3 cars but if it was mostly GT3 I'd be out completely.

I'm fine with a more serious direction I guess, just don't let that remove the fun that I think the motorsport series has always been about. I feel like this upcoming game is very important since quite a few people were soured on fm after fm7.

I'm fine with a more serious direction I guess, just don't let that remove the fun that I think the motorsport series has always been about. I feel like this upcoming game is very important since quite a few people were soured on fm after fm7.
What did you find wrong with 7? I love it.

The game after updates was somewhat good, but at launch game was sour in many reasons like that stupid card game mechanic that tried pút loot boxes mechanic worst than than the FH WheelSpin
Thanfully they had stopped with it, buit by the time they did, demage was done

The carreer mode was ok but I just hope they try do something like Forza Motorsport 4 was, the idea of 2-in-1 career mode was something that i wish the series had continued until nowadays, you could pick series one by one or bulid your carrer with a calendar system, starting from econoboxes and raising your ranks, kinda like real life where we have grassroots racing with late models or modified econoboxes cars like Brazil´s Copa Hyundai HB20

Last edited:
The game after updates was somewhat good, but at launch game was sour in many reasons like that stupid card game mechanic that tried pút loot boxes mechanic worst than than the FH WheelSpin

The carreer mode was ok but I just hope they try do something like Forza Motorsport 4 was, the idea of 2-in-1 career mode was something that i wish the series had continued until nowadays, you could pick series one by one or bulid your carrer with a calendar system, starting from econoboxes and raising your ranks, kinda like real life where we have grassroots racing with late models or modified econoboxes cars like Brazil´s Copa Hyundai HB20
I forgot about the stupid card game/loot thing actually. Yeah, that was pathetic. They did remove it though, yes.

You had the Season Play for a more linear career mode approach, and the number of events in the Event List in Motorsport 4 went as far as 1,180 races (1,260 races with the Porsche expansion). Your Xbox 360 will break down before you could beat them all.

If FM8 were to have a career mode like that, I'm definitely going to make a bold prediction where more career events will be added to reflect every new car and track that was added through DLC/updates.

Last edited:
If FM8 were to have a career mode like that, I'm definitely going to make a bold prediction where more career events will be added to reflect every new car and track that was added through DLC/updates.
I do think they will add new events and races, specially since i think we will get free tracks as parts of updates
DLC packs would be more car focused but i wouldnt be suprised we get free cars sometimes as well

Normally I try to remain pretty positive but here's the things I disliked about FM7 (at launch atleast, admittedly I haven't touched it much in the last few years)

-The mod cards system or whatever it was, just thought it was a joke.
-At launch the UI was really awful; don't know if they ever got around to updating it
-The loot boxes at launch which thankfully got removed.
-Didn't like homologation that much
-The bland art direction that seemed to bathe every track in a collection of boring colors and overcast skies (they even made the bloody garage look bland too!)
-I remember not really liking the campaign mode much, but admittedly I don't remember why I came to that conclusion
-Heaps of offroad cars with no real purpose
-There really wasn't much innovation going on
-FM7's soundtrack wasn't great either IMO; FM6 did it better

Last edited:
In line with FH5, I'm going to predict that the priority for Turn 10 will be the dreaded "player engagement" stats. Because that seems to be the only thing that matters, especially for a day one game pass release... (At least that's the impression all developers seem to give off now).

So I'm also going to go boldly and predict that the career mode is going to be limited a la FH5 because they're going to be trying to push players onto whatever type of "seasonal events" they're going for. That and/or online generally.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm 90% sure I won't be :(

Chris has made it a thing to mention the "All new car building-focused campaign" so there's still hope, I just wish he would've told us about it.

In line with FH5, I'm going to predict that the priority for Turn 10 will be the dreaded "player engagement" stats. Because that seems to be the only thing that matters, especially for a day one game pass release... (At least that's the impression all developers seem to give off now).

I think that they will focus the game be on long term, playlist been VERY divisive on comunity and they seems seeking new ways to keep the player count as maximmum as they can but without annoy the long time fans

All they would need to change in Playlists is just make them permanently playable. That would solve all fomo, while giving reasons to players to come back to more single player events.
Y'know, I wouldn't even hate if they did this; gives me an opportunity to go grab cars I missed due to work.

All they would need to change in Playlists is just make them permanently playable. That would solve all fomo, while giving reasons to players to come back to more single player events.
Great idea in theory. But it'll never happen in my opinion because the whole thing about "player engagement" is it "has" to be regular, i.e. they want to quote x players per week to whoever it is who laps up this stuff (advertisers, shareholders, media etc). Not x players every 5 or 6 weeks.
They have to include something that "forces" you to play every week or it mucks up the stats.
Or at least that's what developers seem to think generally.

If they implemented your suggestion, their "fear" would be that people would deliberately just wait and logon e.g. once a month rather than every week.

What would be bold would be to do what you suggest, but that depends on the shareholders etc accepting a different formula/figure for "player engagement" and the developers knowing that they will and taking a risk...

I think the best solution would actually be to just make more ways of earning the points, so that you can be rewarded while playing the game the way you want to, then no one has any reason to complain. If two people are going to play the game for 2 hours every week, I don't see why the person playing some RNG created single player stuff should be rewarded better than someone who plays multiplayer racing or creating tunes/liveries or whatever, especially since the latter is actively engaging with the community.

Keep the playlist and make it the fastest way of earning points if you are just trying to knock it out because things award 3-5 points or whatever, but give single points for doing other things. Improve your time on any Rivals board? Take a point. Complete a career mode race you haven't done yet? A point. Upgrade a car and throw a paint on it and win a race with it for another point, and so on and so on.

Then you can log on and race with your friends, join random public multiplayer lobbies, play career mode, practice getting faster, buy and upgrade a new car, and so on instead of getting funneled into a handful of RNG events and "challenges." Would people find tedious ways of grinding them out? Yeah probably, but the playlist is a tedious grind too, and they still have to log into the game for the statistics, so who cares?

This FOMO and "engagement" era of gaming is awful. I understand it in free-to-play, pay-to-win and heavy microtransaction games where its designed to empty the pockets of addicted people, but turning regular games that companies have already taken our money for into weekly chores with RNG tedium is a major drag. So many games have this stuff that I feel like so many people just play the bare minimum to get the new stuff and then rush off to their other games that have a Battle Pass or whatever too.

Last edited:
If they implemented your suggestion, their "fear" would be that people would deliberately just wait and logon e.g. once a month rather than every week.
I think would be ok beacuse they would go back from time to time anyways and people that like the play will game each day anyway

I think would be ok beacuse they would go back from time to time anyways and people that like the play will game each day anyway
I agree completely. But unfortunately it's not about what we think, it's what Turn10 thinks. I hope they agree also 👍

I agree completely. But unfortunately it's not about what we think, it's what Turn10 thinks. I hope they agree also 👍
They made every car available to purchase at one point. But that came a little bit late. For some too late. And don't forget some racing suits were offered as a prize after 4 years.
Will see but I'm afraid some content will be time limited regardless. That has been a thing since the first Forzathon.

Back