Manufacturers Cup Round 4 Nürburgring Endurance 2024

• Thread starter lhunatic
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
I don't think there is enough time for everyone to qualify in manufacturers cup round 4 at the Nürburgring Endurance track, even with the extra 90 second's.

So if people don't make it across the line how is your starting position picked?

The "extra 90 seconds" is just how it works during the race. In qualifying the amount of time you are given to finish your lap after time expires is variable, and probably depends on outlaps. Here's an example from the last Nurburgring round.

I don't think there is enough time for everyone to qualify in manufacturers cup round 4 at the Nürburgring Endurance track
There definitely is.

The amount of time for qualifying is only the amount of time you have to start your lap - which in this case is 14 minutes. You'll then be able to finish the lap you're on (so long as you do so within a massively generous amount of time, which is pretty much a whole lap and a bit more).

In fact the real problem is waiting around for all that extra time as the spoddy people who like to just dawdle and make everyone wait do that to be annoying.

In a custom practice race where the qualifying time was set at 15 min and extra time was 2m30sec.
Real race is 14 min and extra 1m30sec

Only 1 driver out of 10 made it, granted only me and other 2 were really pushing on the out lap.

I don't know what was PD thinking with this but good luck to everyone because this will be a toxic wasteland of a qualifying and with the gripes held from qualifying will carry over to the race itself.

It's not. It'll be nearer 9'30 in this event.
MC.jpg

So far as I've been in these events only since the last nations cup it's always been the same as race finish delay.

Settings from GT2/GT3

Would be nice to know the exact things in advance, just from the race details it self. Like the starting day condition's as well as weather so I can make a lobby that's closer to the real deal.

Anyways if it's anywhere close to 9 extra minutes that is a relief.

Thank you for the information.

I think OP is getting qualifying time (14 mins + the additional ~9ish mins, which in fairness is not conveyed to us) confused with the finishing time delay (which is 90 second after the leader of the RACE crosses the finish line).

Thus, being Nord and people seem to get pretty spread out during the race itself, one may not finish the race within the 90 extra seconds. In which case, you'll just get the position you were in when that time expires despite not actually crossing the line in that position.

PS: If you're looking for the weather, time of day, etc., check out GT-Engine.com.

Last edited:
I think OP is getting qualifying time (14 mins + the additional ~9ish mins, which in fairness is not conveyed to us) confused with the finishing time delay (which is 90 second after the leader of the RACE crosses the finish line).

Thus, being Nord and people seem to get pretty spread out during the race itself, one may not finish the race within the 90 extra seconds. In which case, you'll just get the position you were in when that time expires despite not actually crossing the line in that position.

PS: If you're looking for the weather, time of day, etc., check out GT-Engine.com.

This will help a ton thank you really.

Back