Many Killed in Attack in Nice

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
Reports are sketchy at the moment but a truck has rammed a crowd who were celebrating Bastille Day on the streets of Nice.

People have been told to stay indoors amid reports of an "attack" and other reports of gunfire being heard. The gunfire being heard may have been the usual Bastille Day fireworks but this incident still seems very serious.

BBC Breaking.

Seems like that the police have shot and killed the driver of the truck, reported by an eyewitness.

They just showed an image of just a pile of bodies.

Local police reports 30 dead and 100+ injured. Jesus.

Edit.

France was still in a state of emergency, but that would end on the 26th of July. I'm pretty certain that will not happen now.

CNN just showed a photo of the front of the truck. It has been peppered with bullets.

CNN just showed a photo of the front of the truck. It has been peppered with bullets.

I haven't seen the report but forget the truck and which looney fringe is to blame for this lets not give them any air time. Concentrate on the victims. Rip all those stolen lives.

I haven't seen the report but forget the truck and which looney fringe is to blame for this lets not give them any air time. Concentrate on the victims. Rip all those stolen lives.

All news networks are happily showing the photo of the pile of bodies. That's what sells and that's the world we live in.

When I first heard the news I was hoping (and I'm being relative here) that it was just an accident and some driver just lost control or something. Hearing that is it now likely to be a terrorist attack and that so many people have lost their lives it's horrible that these things are happening over and over again.

Newsnight (BBC news) has just reported 60 deaths, but said this was unconfirmed.

The source is official, sadly (local justice).

Yep, just saw that now - Prosecutors office. Wasn't paying proper attention until they said that, was hoping it'd be alot less than initial reports.

Must've been awful, not alot when a lorry that size is coming at you and your in a crowd.

Video on Youtube of direct aftermath, horrific.

Looks like the truck travelled some distance down the road, the dead / injured are all over / down the street.

Don't know why, feels so much more shocking than a bomb / gun attack.

Looks like the truck travelled some distance down the road, the dead / injured are all over / down the street.

I hate internet for this. Footage of attack everywhere. No words to describe what is happening in my country. France has changed so much only in one or two decades.

Had the same feeling.. Dutch news just showed a video where you could see the truck making speed towards the masses of people.

CNN is reporting the driver jumped out of the truck and started shooting, which, if true, pretty much rules out an accident. Also possibly more than one occupant in the truck.

What can be done to protect all people all of the time? Every social situation from sports game, restuarants to concert / cinema etc etc.

How can the authorities be everywhere all of the time, espeically when people are willing to do things like this.

As mentioned above, 'heartbraking'.

CNN is reporting the driver jumped out of the truck and started shooting, which, if true, pretty much rules out an accident. Also possibly more than one occupant in the truck.

Dutch news reported that La Figaro (or something) reported that police found guns and even grenades in the truck.

edit;
The truck traveled 2 kilometers...

- 73 now dead, according to FOX News/Sky News estimates.

- Investigators are starting with Terrorism and working backwards.

- Donald Trump is canceling his press conference that would announce his VP pick tomorrow.

The French tv and Nice mayor, live on phone on TV, don't seems to be aware of this.

The BBC news I'm watching now said police entered another building carrying stretchers and reports of possible hostage situation.

France.png

Back