Marcos Mantara LM600 Evo 2000

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 3 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
directory_pic.php

marcoslm600evo46.JPG

In 1999, longtime sponsor Eurotech bought out Marcos and one of the first tasks was making the LM600 even faster. The car would have to undergo yet another homologation special in order to be eligible so the team set about modifying the sole road car and made it even wider then it already was. With that
now done, the race cars could now be produced. The car, which was already a low slung and wide car to begin with, was now even wider and lower, which now put in in territory more along the lines with the Esperante and Lister Storm GTL then the Vipers and Porsches it raced against. Two features that did remain however included the 6.0 Small Block Chevy V8 (Now chucking 660 Horsepower) as well as the 6-Speed Sequential Gearbox. The FIA disallowed the car to compete in its GT series so it instead was campaigned in the British GT rounds as well as the Dutch Supercar Championship, where it won the title. The car would go on to continue to compete in several races, even making four North American Appearances including the 1999 Petit Le Mans and then the Rolex 24 at Daytona from 2000 to 2002 . This would add yet another competition car from Marcos as well as another competitive companion for the Panoz Esperante.

Engine: Chevrolet LT1 6.0L Small block V8
Horsepower: 660 hp
Transmission: 6-Speed Sequential
Weight: 1040 Kg
Drivetrain: RWD

Last edited:
i don't know why but i always saw the Lister Storm, the Panoz Esperante and the Gillet Vertigo (Touring cars) as a family... and i think this would fit perfectly into that family.

I fell in love with this beast of a car back in the early days of my youth, reading about in Autosport and then watching highlights of FIA GT Races on Ye Olde Speedvision... Voted. 👍

Attachments

• pics-max-9910-465511-marcos-lm600.jpg
    pics-max-9910-465511-marcos-lm600.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 29
  • MarcosLM600_CorEuser_HH2011.jpg
    MarcosLM600_CorEuser_HH2011.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 28
Back