Mazda RX7 Forest trial 22000 points

• Thread starter sshantt
  • 15 comments
I think you are either lacking power or using to grippy tires. Could be i'm wrong; but that's what it looks like to me. Anyway, how long have you been drifting?

Ive been drifting for about a week, an hour or two a day, and two days with comfort hard tyres, so i dont think its grip!!

You're doing good man, I can see where your progression is at, keep at it. Next thing I see you will be looking to is entries and exits of corners, though as said above maybe you haven't got enough power but i'd think the RX-7 has plenty stock, maybe your setup is not being so friendly to you as your suspension looks quite bouncy/loose.

As I said, I see where you are at and it's just more practice and tuning experimentation and refining that will improve you from here.

Now that you've mentioned it, I don't Tune my car i just use arcade mode, I'm gonna start using gt mode so i can tune my car, but does tuning make that much of a difference??? If so then what exactly do I modify??

and could anybody tell me if I'm getting a good score for this map cos i cant seem to find the leader boards!!

thanks for the feedback!!!

There isn't any leaderboards for individual tracks only for seasonal events so far.

As for tuning, it's almost limitless as to what you can tune but it's better to start off simple, if you have an idea of basic tuning techniques ie: gears for smoother more instant power delivery and LSD settings you might want to start there as not having decent gears will cause lack of power/too much power when you want or don't want it and differential/LSD settings can mean the difference between being smooth and being out of control 90% of the time. Take a look at the drift settings thread and see what settings people use most often as this could help you to teach yourself tuning.

Depending on the wheel you are on I can possibly offer some basic tunes but drifting is more an individual taste when it comes to tuning, it's more about tuning a car to your own liking and there is a lot of variation in between.

Yeah I do know how to adjust gear ratios, LSD's, and the suspension, and also what each one does. I guess that's the only thing I'm missing!!

Thanks again for the reply :)

Drift mode is training wheels for beginning drifters...it's like the computer adjusts your toe settings suspension and tcs automatically to compensate for your under or over steering input to maintain powered oversteer..it kind of reminds me of the drifting physics from the yuke's d1gp game for ps2..fun, but not realistic in the least..arcade time trial or race will teach you so much more and chew you up and spit you out if you do it wrong...best part is, though, you won't need some stupid blinking thumbs telling you when you're doin it right....you'll just know...lol

Why is that?? What mode do you advise I use??

I started with the drift mode and was able to pull cool drifts even with sport hard tires. When I got online with the same car and same setting drifting suddenly became a lot harder and I was mostly failing at the places I was pulling insane drifts in Dori mode. The drift mode is really biased toward physics, it even gives you points when you're understeering...

If you're all about NFS style and only care about score (which is pointless in my opinion) then go on with drift mode, but if you plan to tandem online I really advise you to use the time attack mode.

Anyway good luck in your drift training.

It's actually not about the points, plus, I hate drifting in NFS, I'll probably go for time trial practice in GT mode, now that I got credits and bought a couple of cars!!
The main thing I'm trying to get right is the suspension tuning cos it's kinda confusing

Thanks for the advice !!

Last edited:
You might want to cut the slang writing as it violates the AUP (TY, cos, r, u, plz, etc.).

You don't really have to tune the RX-7 all that much, maybe a tiny bit of adjustments like LSD and Tires, but that's all.

Latest Posts

Back