UEFA Euro 2024 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 103 comments
Another unconvincing and well below par performance from England - winning their group, but with a lowly 5 pts and only by virtue of a 0-0 in the other game in the group.

Kane says they "controlled their own destiny"... :lol: Erm, no... - it's exactly this kind of sheer arrogance that England needs to get rid of.

To be fair, they were considerably better than their last game (though that wasn't hard), but still nowhere near good enough.

Last edited:
When England are 'forced' to qualify for tournaments, hockeying everyone along the way, the discourse is complaining.
When England play competitive games at tournaments and don't hockey everyone along the way, the discourse is complaining.

277710.jpg

279244.jpg

282214.jpg

England are bad. Southgate isn't the guy. At least Uruguay has Darwin Nunez putting his natural talent on display, hitting the keeper multiple times per game.

Another unconvincing and well below par performance from England - winning their group, but with a lowly 5 pts and only by virtue of a 0-0 in the other game in the group.

Kane says they "controlled their own destiny"... :lol: Erm, no... - it's exactly this kind of sheer arrogance that England needs to get rid of.

To be fair, they were considerably better than their last game (though that wasn't hard), but still nowhere near good enough.
There were definitely improvements which will be masked by the disappointment of a 0-0 draw against a beatable team who showed some fight.

That said, as you say, nowhere near good enough for a major tournament. They need to dial it up in the knockouts, no second chances anymore. Palmer has to start the next game and I'd put Gordon in for Foden who just hasn't bought his City form to England this time.

So many people saying we should be on the easy side of the draw and miss the "big teams", but England are a big team, we couldn't beat Denmark, couldn't beat Slovenia and we have the arrogance to suggest we have an easy route to the final. We need a "big team" like Germany, France, Spain, even Netherlands, to try and bring the best out of our players and hope we're just matching the performances to the opposition.

On the flipside, if you can play defensive, boring football and, occasionally bad football with no drive, and still win the group, that's a positive, Man Utd won Premier League titles because they could play bad and still get results.

p78
Belgium qualifies after struggling against Ukraine. Next up for us is France. Guess we effed.
I think Belgium can beat anyone if they put everything together.

It's odd to me that most of the favorites will be in the top half of the bracket. It's a conspiracy to help Italy and England :lol:

Last edited:
Georgia are playing brilliantly well. I know Portugal had nothing really to play for but Georgia have been excellent.

And Georgia are through with a 2-0 win. Amazing scenes.

Last 16 confirmed.

Switzerland V Italy
Germany V Denmark
England V Slovakia
Turkey V Austria
Spain V Georgia
France V Belgium
Portugal V Slovenia
Romania V Netherlands

Last edited:
England can definitely count themselves lucky that they are on the more favourable side of the draw, Slovakia are no slouches though. Foden did leave the England camp earlier as his wife gave birth, I think he should be back for Sunday though.

Fantastic to see Georgia qualify in their first major tournament. 👍

Last edited:
Here is the schedule for the last 16 which starts later today.

Saturday.
Switzerland v Italy (5pm)
Germany v Denmark (8pm)

Sunday.
England v Slovakia (5pm)
Spain v Georgia (8pm)

Monday.
France v Belgium (5pm)
Portugal v Slovenia (8pm)

Tuesday.
Romania v Netherlands (5pm)
Austria v Turkey (8pm)