Mclaren F1 GTR long tail

• Thread starter cyder2
  • 17 comments
shj92922
Does Mclaren F1 GTR long tail road car available at Gran Turismo 7 or only Racing one
thanks

Mclaren_F1_GTR00.jpg

I don’t think that car is in the game, but… they need to scrap MTX immediately and monetise body kits because I would pay cash for that!

All the GTR long tails are race cars; the GT was their road version, though I don't think nearly any game has been able to feature it outside of Forza.

That particular car, #27R, hasn't looked like that in a long time. I believe she's back in her '97 livery.
P109RCR-000_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
All the GTR long tails are race cars; the GT was their road version, though I don't think nearly any game has been able to feature it outside of Forza.

That particular car, #27R, hasn't looked like that in a long time. I believe she's back in her '97 livery.
P109RCR-000_1024x768.jpg

Need for Speed: High Stakes​

they brought it

Last edited:
That's not the road version.

That's still the race car. I think you're confusing a road-going version w/ an example that's been road-converted.
thats that reply to Mclaren Gt GTR was there at NFS
you are right no road version

Only the race car is in the game, but I don’t think you’d be missing out on much by going to the livery editor and painting the car orange.
the main problem is front light
also race car cant do a high speed

thats that reply to Mclaren Gt GTR was there at NFS
you are right no road version

the main problem is front light
also race car cant do a high speed
Are you referring to the '95 short tail that has the fog lamps? Because I think @FerrariF1GT is referring to #24R which is also in the game.
72587_024R_15_122_571lo.jpg

right man but i like normal one
the one my post flat light
I don't understand what you're saying. All three of the Road Car (short-tail, as all of the factory road cars are), short-tail race car (with the fog lights you don't like), and long-tail race car (without the fog lights) are in GT7. What is the problem? Yes, the exact car you posted with that exact aero configuration is not in the game. Sorry?

I don't understand what you're saying. All three of the Road Car (short-tail, as all of the factory road cars are), short-tail race car (with the fog lights you don't like), and long-tail race car (without the fog lights) are in GT7. What is the problem? Yes, the exact car you posted with that exact aero configuration is not in the game. Sorry?
Road version is faster than race version at Gt 7 right?

I haven't tested personally, but I would be very surprised if if that was the case.

Besides, as several people have told you, true, factory-produced road versions of the long-tail don't exist.

right man but i like normal one
the one my post flat light
Ah. I don't know what to tell ya, man b/c it's the closest one can get to the car you wanted. Which as I said, has already visibly changed in livery & aero work since the picture was taken in your OP.

That's just been the nature of these cars since they retired. I'm not sure which of the long tail bodies is still even in that aero configuration anymore.

The road version is faster on a straight line but the race version will take corners faster due to the downforce. You be the judge.

Or you could lengthen the gear ratios (the tuning subforum would be a great place to start for that because I’m not an expert tuner) and set the aero to the lowest possible option if you want the F1 GTR to be most like the road version.

Last edited:
Actually it were build 3 long tail road cars, one prototype (for homologation purpose) and two road legal units, in order to upgrade the race cars for long tail designated GT and with no rear wing.
All three cars were build around "regular" F1 tubes.

Actually it were build 3 long tail road cars, one prototype (for homologation purpose) and two road legal units, in order to upgrade the race cars for long tail designated GT and with no rear wing.
All three cars were build around "regular" F1 tubes.
Yeah, post #4 covered that:
All the GTR long tails are race cars; the GT was their road version

Back