Mercedes AMG GT (2016 SLS "successor"?)

Do you think Mercedes should make the SLC?

• Yes, but I don't have a preference towards any of the renders

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Yes, render 1, please!

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Yes, I would like render 2

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Yes, render 3 for me

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • No, that is a stupid idea that could only be created by infantile eggheads.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still dislike that MB AMG had the audacity to call that thing a 4-door AMG GT. It's clearly a completely different platform and basically a E63 with different styling.
Its also going to be full battery electric rather than PHEV.

The entry-level GT 43 AMG has been unveiled, which seems to be Mercedes' answer to the 992 Carrera and Carrera S. This trim features smaller front fenders, a different front bumper, a more toned-down grille, and no spoiler. Interestingly, it's powered by a 2.0L mild-hybrid I4, which produces 415hp and allows for a 0-60 time of 4.6s. Will be priced in the US just shy of $137,000.

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.13.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.13.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.13.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.13.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-20 at 2.11.58 PM.png

Let's find out once and for all if the car has gotten better.

While I'd rather have the new Mercedes than the BMW or Audi, I'd rather have the Porsche than the new Mercedes. Mercedes has basically tried to make a Porsche 911 here, and while the exterior is pretty, the interior is gaudy and awful, and the packaging in general is still less clever than the Porsche.

But I'd also rather have the old Mercedes than the new Mercedes, precisely because it is what it is, a Viper-like battleship of a sports car.

But I'd also rather have an actual Viper than a Viper-like Mercedes, because I'm a man and I take my punishment as it comes.

Last edited:
But I'd also rather have the old Mercedes than the new Mercedes, precisely because it is what it is, a Viper-like battleship of a sports car.

But I'd also rather have an actual Viper than a Viper-like Mercedes, because I'm a man and I take my punishment as it comes.
You could probably get an older GT and a Viper for less money combined than what the MSRP of a new GT63s is.

Back