Missed opportunities in GT5

• Thread starter RewindTape
  • 34 comments
Missed opportunities in GT5??? Come on, you gotta be joking... :dopey:

Ok, sarcasm off...

GT5 came up short on so many areas, it's almost pointless to make a list...

But anyway, to make things short: AI sucks, car selection sucks, Offline sucks, Online is meh... sounds suck, B-Spec sucks, customization level sucks, the way they used their so called "Licenses" for Nascar and WRC sucks, the way they interact with us (fanbase, customers, whatever you like to call us) sucks, they don't hear our feedback...

👎

Shame on you, PD.

Missed opportunities in GT5??? Come on, you gotta be joking... :dopey:

Ok, sarcasm off...

GT5 came up short on so many areas, it's almost pointless to make a list...

But anyway, to make things short: AI sucks, car selection sucks, Offline sucks, Online is meh... sounds suck, B-Spec sucks, customization level sucks, the way they used their so called "Licenses" for Nascar and WRC sucks, the way they interact with us (fanbase, customers, whatever you like to call us) sucks, they don't hear our feedback...

👎

Shame on you, PD.

Hahaha, why not tells us what you really think? :)
Nice list, I agree with pretty much all of it. 👍

Another missed oportunity:

Race qualifications are missing
There is no way of getting reasonable qualifications, as some tracks (i.e. especially Nürburgring) are so long that it takes twenty (20!) minutes to just get your flying lap. And if you want to keep that time, you have to drive back to the pits for another 10 minutes. It plain does not work.

Returning to the lobby also resets your time, so it is impossible to have a skittish, but potentially faster qualification setup, and a more stable race setup. I'd like that choice.

A 1 lap pre-race to settle the qualifications would be an alternative, but it isn't possible as the you can only reverse the starting order depending on previous results.

And why can't we choose between a standing and flying start?

Ok. That's all for now. :)

You're a man after my own heart! How I long for GT to become "The Real Motor Racing Simulator" instead of just a bizzare driving sim. Yes, so many missed opportunities, they really didn't make the most of what they've got, & made some of what they did have hard to use & enjoy.

PD! Y U No Give Us Online Shuffle Race filter?

PD! Y U No Give Us Suzuka West?

PD! Y U No Common Sense?

:crazy:

Back