Mission Challenge Stage 8-7 Interlagos Gr.1 30 Minute Endurance Strategy

• Thread starter chimuel
  • 60 comments
Thanks all for the tips... got through it by under 1 second and had to block a fast approaching Nismo.

On its final pit stop the Nismo must have filled up on rocket fuel as it caught up 6 seconds in not many laps.

The Nismo LM is either bugged or REALLY good on tires. The rear suffers next to no wear by the time it has to pit. Going to change to softs and see where that gets me. So far, three attempts and this car always beats me near the end and can't be caught. At least by me. I pass it up just fine on the way to first place. It holds a decent pace until the last 5 minutes. Watching the replay, it breaks 200 down the home straight just before turn one. Compare that to halfway race time, its around 190 before turn one.

24883316_1529080247180999_8812881548167823035_o.jpg

From memory, I pitted on 8 and 15. I only used softs. I finished on lap 21.
Make sure you put in enough fuel for each stint; (the Nismo may have the perfect amount of fuel to finish).
The best tip though is you can drive straight through the first set of corners.

After two failed attempts, checked this thread for inspiration. I went for TCS2, Fuel 3, RM, pitted at the end of laps 7 and 14 and won by 20 seconds (though was cutting the chicane, to make sure). So third time lucky. Kept my eye on the GTR LM which I believe is the super rabbit in this race.

If you're cutting chicanes, you're only cheating one person: Yourself. I've realized there's some weird rubberbanding stuff going on with the AI in this race though. Just running consistent laps won't always yield the expected results. But cutting the track is never the answer in my opinion.

I started the 30 minutes GR1 race, fuel map at 2, TC at 1, all rest disconnected.
Stopped for fuel once the warning came up,exiting pit first and end race...

The campaign mode for me was quite to easy and boring.

At least it given a good amount of credit, experience points,mileage points and cars.

Now awaiting the new GT Mode because i get bored of the FIA and daily races in sport mode... I would really like longer races with tyre and fuel consumption and heavy damage activated..

Hopefuly they improve and add also more difficulty levels of the AI soon :)

I actually just completed the 8-7 Mission Challenge, and I can see the temptation for people to cheat. After all, the AI is cheating like a S.O.B. I had a 20 second lead on the second place racer, and all of a sudden, the gap goes to eleven! Man, that car made up seven seconds on one straight! And I was on the lowest fuel map at that point! And then, the GT3 car's drivers must be looking for lost jewelry on the side of the road or something. Because they just about come to a halt if you have a significant lead at the end of the race. They're literally "running block." As beautiful looking a game that GTSport is, it's just severely lacking in the realism aspect. It's still just a "game." To call itself a "simulator" is way overstating. As far as "The Real Driving Simulator"... what a joke!

"Fake Difficulty" was a term I wanted to work in there somewhere, but forgot.

If you're cutting chicanes, you're only cheating one person: Yourself. I've realized there's some weird rubberbanding stuff going on with the AI in this race though. Just running consistent laps won't always yield the expected results. But cutting the track is never the answer in my opinion.

Who cares what people decide to do on their own campaign mode? You're exactly right, they're only cheating themselves, not anyone else. They try it on Sport Mode with other people and they'll get a time penalty.

I started the 30 minutes GR1 race, fuel map at 2, TC at 1, all rest disconnected.
Stopped for fuel once the warning came up,exiting pit first and end race...

The campaign mode for me was quite to easy and boring.

At least it given a good amount of credit, experience points,mileage points and cars.

Now awaiting the new GT Mode because i get bored of the FIA and daily races in sport mode... I would really like longer races with tyre and fuel consumption and heavy damage activated..

Hopefuly they improve and add also more difficulty levels of the AI soon :)

I wonder why you don't use the custom race creation tool to set up such an event? This has been available since the game came out.

I wonder why you don't use the custom race creation tool to set up such an event? This has been available since the game came out.
Quite easy to give you an answer on this..
The AI in professional is to easy and don't suppose me a challenge really..
So make it boring..

I would prefer race against real people with those options in sport mode.

Or get a quite more competitive AI..

To race against AI and get a challenge i play assetto corsa, ho got even more options like the possibility to add practice session and qualifying session.
Even Project C.A.R.S 2 has a more worked and competitive AI..

So i really, really hope that PD add some more difficulty levels and improve the AI... Because otherwise the new campaign mode will also be quite boring.

If you're cutting chicanes, you're only cheating one person: Yourself. I've realized there's some weird rubberbanding stuff going on with the AI in this race though.
Rubberbanding is the game's cheap way of cheating on you.
Cutting chicanes is a legit way to cheat back imo.

That being said, post 1.06 there's no need to cut chicanes anymore as the race became too easy.

The Nismo LM is either bugged or REALLY good on tires. The rear suffers next to no wear by the time it has to pit. Going to change to softs and see where that gets me. So far, three attempts and this car always beats me near the end and can't be caught. At least by me. I pass it up just fine on the way to first place. It holds a decent pace until the last 5 minutes. Watching the replay, it breaks 200 down the home straight just before turn one. Compare that to halfway race time, its around 190 before turn one.

View attachment 698024

That was the general idea behind the car = front-wheel drive, quad-stinting rear tyres and hybrid to the rears (we all know what happened with that part)

Thanks FordLaser. Managed to smash out 6-8. Tell you what 8-8 is a different ball game. Managed a bronze and there's no way I'm getting a gold on that one!

Rubberbanding is the game's cheap way of cheating on you.
Cutting chicanes is a legit way to cheat back imo.

That being said, post 1.06 there's no need to cut chicanes anymore as the race became too easy.

I cut the chicane too in the last third as the AI became ridiculous (pre 1.06). First place magically sped up while a back marker kept harassing me. A car that was one lap behind me got the magic juice in last 5 laps, sped up to dive bomb past me, then slow down in front of me to let me pass as I was about to lap him again. That happened 4 times in a row and then he crashed me off the course. So the next time I started cutting the chicane at the end to counteract this magic boost.

8-8 was very easy compared to that nonsense on Interlagos. 8-6 was the hardest though. Did that get easier too post 1.06? You practically had to draft the whole way and if you weren't quick enough to latch on to the next one you were screwed.

8-7 was easy for me (made it with 1.10 patch). Two pistops after 7th and 14th laps. Always on soft tyres and fuel plan 1. Last (21th) lap I drove slowly (1.35-1.40) because didn't want to go for 22nd lap.
Was 10 seconds ahead 2nd position after 2nd pitstop and after finish

So I have found a repeatable strategy (at least for me) for this challenging mission. After spending a few days learning Interlagos and tackling Stage 8-6, I came up with this!

Car setting pre-race:
  • Manual Transmission
  • Racing Soft
  • TCS - 3
  • ASM - ON
  • ABS - Default
  • Fuel Map - 1, did not change this at all
Target Times:
  • Fast 1:20:xxx
  • Medium 1:22:xxx
  • Slow 1:24:xxx

Desired Position:
  • 3rd place by start of this lap 7
  • 1st place just past pits by lap 8
  • 1st place in lap 14 with 6 secs or more lead time in front of 2nd
  • 1st place in lap 19 through the end of race
Pit Strategy:
  • End of Lap 7, 3rd Place - RS, Full Tank from 0.0~0.1%, should exit pits at 6th or 5th place
  • End of Lap 14, 1st Place - RS, Full Tank from 0.2~0.4%, you should exit pits at 4th place

With this strategy I was around 10 secs ahead of 2nd place around lap 19 which should give you a comfortable position through the end of the race, just keep the pace above 1:24:xxx/lap from there and you should be good.

Below I am just going off my memory but I have saved my replay just in case someone has more questions.

Turn Gears:
  • T1 - 2nd, roughly 65mph in the turn for me, try to brake near the 50 marker, just past if you have fresh tires and just before if they are over 25% worn
  • T2 - entering at 3rd and full throttle, no lift through T3
  • T3 - 3rd->4th->5th by exit of turn I'm full throttle
  • T4 - top end of 6th at the end of the straight leading up to, 3rd through the turn at 80-85mph then hard on throttle as soon as you're straight and no lift through T5
  • T5 - full throttle, shifting up to 5th/6th
  • T6 - small force on brakes, down to 5th gear, dropping speed to 115-120mph, into 4th and 4th flat out through T7
  • T7 - 4th gear, flat out
  • T8 - 2nd gear, I try not to drop below 55mph through here
  • T9 - 2nd gear still, no need to go past 65mph until your car is set straight then it's flat out
  • T10 - 2nd gear, I go wide and hit 45mph minimum at the slowest laps, flat out as soon as you're straight
  • T11 - Flat out, I'm at 5th by the time I get to T12
  • T12 - Hard brakes, 2nd gear, try to go wide and cut the curb on the left, set up so you're straight as soon as possible to get to full throttle as quick as you can
  • T13 through T15 - Flat out, I'm at 7th gear by the time I get to T1.
Screenshots throughout the race:

Thanks for the strategy had to do it a few times and its harder on Dualshock

I just beat this one, I think on my 3rd attempt after a 3rd and a 2nd place. Only one pit stop. Started TCS 2, RM, ASM On. Pitted end of lap 11, changed to RS and won by around 2 seconds.

The rubber banding was again very blatant. My friend also came 1st in this race but finished 6.5 seconds slower than me in total time, showing that no matter how quick you are the AI will speed up.

First attempt with the tip from here.
Won easy by a big gap.
TCM : 3
ASM: On
Fuel map: 1
Pitted on lap 7 and 14.
Filled up the fuel tank.
Changed the tires to Racing Soft.
Thanks for the tip guys.

Hello guys, here is my strategy:
- Fuel map: 3
- NO pit stops

The first two, were something like 15s ahead before they were forced to pit at about 5-7mins before the race ends. When they pit, you end up 5s ahead. No need to change the tires and by the last 2 laps you have enough gas to use Fuel map: 1.

In my first attempt I was running Fuel map:1 from the start and was forced to pit just a few mins before the race ended.. I was ahead of the pack, so after the pit stop I was still first by a few secs ahead... I was at the final lap and thought that I was messing with the Fuel map while I was in fact messing with the TCS... set it to 0 and literally in my final lap and two corners before finish the car spins me out.. I was furious as you can imagine.. :/

...but it made me realize that since I needed to pit just a few laps before the end, that I could be lean on the Fuel consumption and avoid pitting..

Hello guys, here is my strategy:
- Fuel map: 3
- NO pit stops

The first two, were something like 15s ahead before they were forced to pit at about 5-7mins before the race ends. When they pit, you end up 5s ahead. No need to change the tires and by the last 2 laps you have enough gas to use Fuel map: 1.

Maybe updates have changed things, I just tried this strategy as it seemed the simplest and easiest, but didn't get ahead of the leader even after his stop (possibly just due to my lack of pace, fair enough) and then ran out of fuel with over 2 mins to go. This was with RH tyres all the way. Guess I'll redo this with the multi-stop strategy on RS.

First attempt with the tip from here.
Won easy by a big gap.
TCM : 3
ASM: On
Fuel map: 1
Pitted on lap 7 and 14.
Filled up the fuel tank.
Changed the tires to Racing Soft.
Thanks for the tip guys.
Similar strategy worked for me too, gold attained with 8 secs lead over P2 car, didn't full-fuel though, just put in enough to get to lap 15 on first stop, then filled for 11 laps on second stop (actually did 22 laps total so could have reduced that by 2 quite safely). I had a couple of offs, one early on particularly costly, so didn't take any chances, just did full chicane-cuts from that point.

Now just to cross off 6-8 and 8-8 to get done with these mission challenge golds.

Last edited by a moderator:
This strategy worked for me. It seems like you have to be very fast, very aggressive to make it work seamless but I won and added 20+ seconds on the second place. Also had to reduce a lot close.to the finish line otherwise I would need to do a full lap again. Finished with 30.00.986 :) thanks so much

Back