Monaco track coming to GT7? (GTWS teaser)

• Thread starter MicVic10
  • 38 comments
PD/Sony have teased Pikes Peak for a long time
  • Nobuhiro Tajima's 2011 and 2012 PPIHC cars were in GT6 (SX4 and eRunner), along with the Pikes Peak Quattro
  • Gran Turismo has been a presenting sponsor of the PPIHC since 2015
  • Pikes Peak Quattro returns for GTS, and is in GT7, alongside the '98 V6 Escudo, both tagged #Pikes Peak
  • Trailers for GT7 featured Dai Yoshihara, who was campaigning a GT-sponsored Tesla Model 3 in the 2022 Pikes Peak. A disclaimer in the trailer said the Model 3 (maybe not specifically the PP one, but likely) was coming to GT7 in an update.

It's a never-ending story at this point.
Don't forget the promo images of the Suzuki VGT, which were in what seemed to be a Pikes Peak Scape, which is obviously not in the game (yet?).

I really really hope that they will make use of this license, otherwise it's just a waste.

Last edited:
I personally really like the track in the context of Gran Turismo. Yes in F1 it's dull and needs to be a 2 stage time trial event to make it exciting. But in Gran Turismo it's an absolute blast hurling small hatchbacks and low power RWD cars around it.

Would love to see it come back, but I know it won't.

Last edited:
PD/Sony have teased Pikes Peak for a long time
  • Nobuhiro Tajima's 2011 and 2012 PPIHC cars were in GT6 (SX4 and eRunner), along with the Pikes Peak Quattro
  • Gran Turismo has been a presenting sponsor of the PPIHC since 2015
  • Pikes Peak Quattro returns for GTS, and is in GT7, alongside the '98 V6 Escudo, both tagged #Pikes Peak
  • Trailers for GT7 featured Dai Yoshihara, who was campaigning a GT-sponsored Tesla Model 3 in the 2022 Pikes Peak. A disclaimer in the trailer said the Model 3 (maybe not specifically the PP one, but likely) was coming to GT7 in an update.

It's a never-ending story at this point.
Plus the most important part that isn't a tease. They've held the exclusive license for the track since 2017.

If not for PD we could have enjoyed PP in Dirt Rally 2 and other games.

One look at the trees should be enough to tell it's not GT7. Personally I don't like Monaco, too tight and not much fun honestly.
Disagree, a real drivers track. I hope it comes back, being Cote d'Azur or having a real license I dont care

Last edited:
Three weeks ago I was sitting on that yellow wall on the inside of the hairpin, watching cars go by. What an experience. People would come around the corner and gun it up the hill.

New tracks are great but adding Monaco would be by far the dumbest addition to GT. It worked in GT3 because the track model they used was over twice as wide as the actual track.

Back