Most difficult/easiest car to drive

Germany
Germany
I would like to read your opinions on what cars for you are the most difficult to drive/master in GT7 and also which one/class/group is easiest.

Note: I drive with a wheel (T300RS) and assists off (except TC on 2 or 3).

Easy:
- Most GR2/3 cars, but for me the 911 RSR `17 stands out. It simply does what i want and it feels like it is on rails

Difficult:
I have to pick 2 here.
  • Super Formula: These also feel like theyre on rails however i am struggling to get good/competetive lap times or to get gold in the license test
  • Alpine A110 `72: Easy with a controller but i cant control this thing with the wheel. Lots of sudden, uncontrollable oversteer in corners. The only chance to drive slow, but then my lap times are so much worse (Sardegna A Controller ~02:15 (with lots of drifting) vs Wheel ~02:18). Any tips (for driving this all stock and no tuning)?

Thanks!

Easy:
  • Most FF cars, namely Copen, Integra, Civic EK9/EG, Volvo V40
  • Skyline R34
  • Porsche 959
  • Gr.3: Supra GT500, 4C, RCZ
  • Gr.1: LM55
  • Bulgari VGT (Some people might disagree)
Hard:
  • Abarth 595 SS
  • Lancia Stratos
  • Tuscan Speed 6

Last edited:
A fully blown swapped 930 911. Every time I try to drive it balls out, I think about that Yellowbird on Nürburgring video. Every steering input needs an equal counter steer input. :lol:

None of the cars are hard to drive until you take them to the edge of your skills or their engineering limits. Obviously some cars have much higher limits than others.

Playing on DS5/no assists except abs.

Aston Martin Vulcan is an absolute dream to drive. IMO the most enjoyable FR car to drive in the game. I wouldn’t mind if more FR cars handled like this, but I understand it has some serious downforce/aerodynamics contributing to it’s amazing handling. Even upgraded to 1000hp it’s so good.
Honorable mention: C6 ZR1 Vette.

A more difficult one for me is the 2016 Shelby GT350 with stock aero (absolutely ruins its looks for me otherwise, the stock wing, splitter, and even the stock wheels is a big part of what makes this car absolutely gorgeous for me) @700pp. I can make it drivable but it has too much oversteer for my liking, and it’s a shame because this seemed like the most track focused out of the big 3 American muscle cars at the time. This is how I feel about FR road cars in the game in general though, some are great some are a snappy oversteering mess, especially if you want/like stock aero.
Dishonorable mention: charger hellcat.

Generally overall, most race cars are easy to drive for me. The most difficult are generally classic/retro cars with no aero. There are definitely exceptions to each rule though.

Last edited:
  • Alpine A110 `72: Easy with a controller but i cant control this thing with the wheel. Lots of sudden, uncontrollable oversteer in corners. The only chance to drive slow, but then my lap times are so much worse (Sardegna A Controller ~02:15 (with lots of drifting) vs Wheel ~02:18). Any tips (for driving this all stock and no tuning)?

Thanks!

Oh, I hate the A110, too! I think the key is not to come off the throttle completely. Just give it a little bit the whole time, even under braking, and it will get a lot more stable.

But it's definitely a skill issue! :lol:

Easy:
The group C cars: Porsche 962, Jaguar XJR 9, Mazda 787b. Fast, great braking, great cornering grip, don't really understeer, don't really oversteer.
Alfa GTV:
Nice and precise, not really enough power to unsettle it, and too well balanced to be unsettled by lifting off.

Hard:
Italdesign street version. Fast but once the tail starts moving 3 times out of 4 it feels inevitable and won't respond to steering, at least with me at the wheel. If it has a secret handshake to making it behave, I've yet to discover it. Add to that the crazy sitting on the roof perspective in VR, like I'm driving Mr. Bean's Mini or a Mariokart.
One of the Mustangs in a license test at Trial Mountain. No brakes, no grip.
Audi diesel Le Mans car. R19 or something. Can't see out of it. It's like sitting in a bunker over looking some French beach. The wheelarches and massive a-pillars completely block the view of the apex in slow corners. If I drive in bumper view instead of VR, then this car moves to the easy list.

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB3 goes on my list of cars with nasty traits shame as it's stunningly fast for its period but loves a good twirl which can be an issue at 150+mph. Any significant input on the controls can have you lurching towards the nearest tree.

In my garage easiest is the F-1500, hardest are the 02 RX-7, the Raptor, and the Love Bug. All of those hard ones are engine swapped, and all four of them have my custom tunes.

Easiest: Any of the Gr.2 cars on up.

Hardest: Upgraded F40 and Porsche 917k, the Chapparal 2J is also pretty hard for me to control due to the cars grip feeling unnatural compared to other cars if that makes sense.

Easiest - Audi RS5 DTM. i absolutely love this car. Gobs of power and will go wherever i point it.
- Aston Martin DBR9 GT1. This car is solid IMO and is extremely fuel efficient which is great at the WTC 700 race at LeMans.

I havent had many ones I would say are hard to drive, but the hardest one i can remember is the Plymouth Superbird. you cannot adjust the rear downforce so it makes the Daytona Tri Oval races almost impossible.

Easiest cars to drive:
-De Tomaso Pantera
-Genesis G70 Group 4
-Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
-Nissan GT-R R34
-BMW M3 E46
-Honda Integra Type R
-Lexus LF-A
-Honda NSX GT500 2000
-Toyota TS020
-Bugatti VGT
-Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR-1
-Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR-1
-Chevrolet Corvette C8
-Ferrari 430

Hardest cars to drive (excluding my tuned ones):
-De Tomaso Mangusta
-Porsche 917K
-Aston Martin Valkyrie
-McLaren VGT
-Lamborghini VGT
-Genesis Berlinetta VGT

Hardest tuned cars to drive:
-Engine swapped Mazda MX-5
-Lamborghini Gallardo
-BMW M3 E36
-Ford Sierra Cosworth
-Plymouth Superbird
-Dodge Viper SRT-10
-Engine swapped Silvia S13
-Engine swapped Silvia S14
-Audi R8 2016
-Engine swapped Chevrolet Corvette C2
-Engine swapped Chevrolet Corvette C3

Dishounorable Mention: Lamborghini Urus. It's not a HARD car to drive but I don't find it very fun.

Last edited:
Can't really answer the question 'cause I've just driven about 15 to 20 different cars since the physics update.
But I was astonished by how easy the new Subaru is to drive. This one indeed feels like "it's on rails". I bought it and took it around Nord24. Completely stock. My very first lap in this car and it felt like I had done dozens of laps before. Absolutely predictable and controllable.

Easy: stock Subaru brz with an angle kit

Hard: bmw m3 '97 on race tyres.i havent managed to make it driveable with the 1000hp swap. So ive detuned it drastically and using sm/ss raked sports tyres.

Last edited:
Back