Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,452 comments
No video of the actual impact, just the start of the accident but plenty of pictures of the aftermath.

Ott Tanak taking part in Rally Eatonia as a warm up for Rally Latvia next weekend, completely totalled his Hyundai. Both Tanak and Jarvejoa walked away.

There is another angle here:

Somebody had posted this still on Twitter:

If the right rear was at that angle when he took off from the jump that would explain the spin/roll.

Last edited:
So many questions are raised about some of these track designs. The ones where a car vaulted the barrier and kept rolling until it found water are a bit less problematic.

What it is about Argentinian Motorsports and water hazards I don't know though, their tracks are splattered through this compilation.

A water hazard about half a tyre deep would do wonders for track limits.

Not to be taken seriously

So many questions are raised about some of these track designs. The ones where a car vaulted the barrier and kept rolling until it found water are a bit less problematic.

What it is about Argentinian Motorsports and water hazards I don't know though, their tracks are splattered through this compilation.

That Vectra center punching the guardrail about halfway through the video is shocking. That's a brutal impact.

Not quite motorsport, but motorsport related: the Red Arrows perform at the 1976 British GP at Brands Hatch.

455319396_979467860857506_1702920087613810391_n.jpg

From Facebook

Ralph Firman took his 2003 Jordan EJ13 for a spin on Blackpools big rollerckaster.

I was certainly On Edge seeing Ralph being tossed around in the car and seeing how close the wheels got to the barriers and poles.

Massive crash in the TCR race at Silverstone yesterday that happened as the cars were slowing down for a Safety Car.

I reckon he tripped over the rear left wheel of the car in front and the angle and speed was such that it led to him flipping over a couple of times. As you mentioned weird place for that to happen.
Onboard from the car behind has been shared

It's like the i30 lost it on the exit. Very odd, since it was so late out of the corner. I don't believe it was an intentionally, but it certainly doesn't look great that's for sure.
The Safety Car had just been called. I reckon that car in front started to weave to keep the tyres warm, while the other one pulled alongside and got clipped by it. But it's an odd one anyway.

Back