My day at gamescom (stalking the GT booth and taking requests)

• Thread starter alba
  • 188 comments

alba

Into very fine pixels.
Premium
United States
Rockford, MI
dw-alba
Hi everyone, tomorrow from 10am to 8pm I'll be visiting gamescom show floor and checking out some of the games (mainly the GT5 build) and will also check the FM3 booth see what's up.

I was planning on taking both my dad's video camera and my digicam but I decided since there are some videos out there already in way better quality than i'll ever be able to do, I'll just do a bunch of 3 mins videos straight from my regular camera (3mins max I believe but I'll put them on my netbook).

Anyway, I should get to bed already and be ready for awesomness :D

btw, if anyone else is there or going there... post it here so we can meet up :D

Wow, have fun. If you should get a chance to try it out: try taking off some (if not all) driving aids to get a feel for any physics changes.👍

I want to see the hood fly up while using the cockpit view. A bonnet is something your granny wears on her head. :P

I know its asking about damage, but this would kinda open some discussion about the demo, try to hit the other rally car (orange one) see if any damage occurs on that one.

Just want to see some nice fast driving as well. Pics will be good but even better would be your opinion on how it feels.

would it be too much to ask for some GT PSP images too ? showing the menus and the tracks available and stuff? it is bound to be just alongside GT5 :D

should be able to try pretty much everything I think, my first idea was to hit another rally car first too :D

We still don't know how a race car is going to handle, since the WRX Impreza will be the first one. (Prologue has tuned cars and the F1, which is a whole different beast).

Try to give impressions on how the race cars fel compared to GT4 and compared to the regular Impreza on Prologue.

Would be fun also to try to talk with a Sony rep, trying to squeeze some info for us... play a journalist for a day so we can end this misery 👍

We apreciate your effort, have fun!

Actually a thought has just occurred.

I'd like to see one video - just one - where the Impreza driver actually manages to gain a sodding place in the three minutes allowed.

How about this: approach the rig, ask one of the SONY guys hanging around, "what's the best time posted so far?" and then proceed to set a new record!

Ah lucky bugger!, My request is to try out the Profesional Physics with No Driving Aids on to see how the car handles then, I'm sure if you can capture a replay you'll see alot of tyre smoke judging by the videos, I'm sure a GTPlanet member will not embaris us on that rig 👍,

OOOO Also if you get a chance to check out the PSP Go and Gran Turismo PSP could you try the same with Professional Physics and No Driving Aids :) Enough from me lol

Talk to the STAFF of PD there .. A LOT OF QUESTIONS!

Ask them if Internal damage will be in the full game or not, as well if internal damage will be with ALL cars.. We already know only physical damage will be for selected cars, race cars probably.

Please play around with destructible barriers, especially tires, Slow down, hit them. see what happens...

When you are in game, STOP and turn the wheels see if the car moves a bit when you turn the front wheels left and right to the full. Try some doughnuts as well and some crazy stunts... and see when car is at stop, when you rev the engine if you can see the car move back and forth like in real life.

See how many cockpit views are there.. and take pics of all of them, left, right, back, front, etc etc.

See if you can switch tires , physics, manual to automatic, etc etc

Please talk to the PD staff there.. don't be shy, they are there for questions and answers! ask them if DAY and NIGHT LIVE cycle will be available ; )

Ask if all cars will have in car view , even the standard model cars..

Ask how many locations, tracks, and layouts they predict for the full game.

Ask if there will be any new special GT wheels coming out, or any PS3 Special edition GT console.

Ask if body kits, livery editor will be in full game.

I'll think of more questions..

As well since I will buy Forza 3, please do the same in there : ) thanks!

yeah, please just do 1 nice, speedy lap. Also, go in reverse and completely total yourself on another car on the straight. Have fun :)

should be able to try pretty much everything I think, my first idea was to hit another rally car first too :D

Do head to head collision :) with any other destructible car, turn all aids off and check if physics really is different from this in Prologue, try to roll over car somehow, try to set up a lap record :) get to first place in race, make few Diablo 3 movies :) take some booth babes photos :) etc etc

we seen minor scrapes some crashes, hood and doors opening, bumpers hanging. I have not seen one, where the car is just crashed to bits, have the car flying straight into the wall as fast as possible. I want to see how far the damage accuracy goes.

just my thought :)

Could you check out/record what the menus of GT PSP look like? Since there are already gameplay videos of the cars racing, what about a video of the menus and options?

Actually gain a few positions, which no one in the videos seems to be able to do, and then smash the living daylights out of the car and/or barrier in turn 1. That'd be neat to see.

EDIT: And then reverse out and see if there's working reverse lights :D

Completely total the car please, I want to see how much it can take until it completely stops. So far it seems it's very hard to do so.

Getting away from damage for a bit here. I would like to know how much the physics have changed since GT5:P. Things such as road feel, weight transfer, progressive loss of grip, etc. That, along with sound quality, is what I am interested most in.

theres a video yet that show another rally car crash into impreza, it's a focus rally car and it doesn't seem take any effect in visual damage.... so this is really a partial demostration... for me PD is smart, they show us something not complete to see and hear what the crowd could tell about it... they will take the conseguence at all...

See if you can crash into a tree and if they applied damage to it with falling leaves and braches...:sly:

Actually a thought has just occurred.

I'd like to see one video - just one - where the Impreza driver actually manages to gain a sodding place in the three minutes allowed.

There's a video in the GamesCom videos thread (2nd page I think) where the driver actually gets up to third. Other than that everyone has been pretty mediocre.

As for a request, trying finding out all the stuff you can move around the circuit. I know there's at least three different things: tires (first corner), red and white blockades (all around the track, some at second corner), and the white Polyphony boxes (last corner). Just hit them and mess around with them so they go on the track. Would be interesting to see if the AI reacts to anything.

Maybe you could also check the AI skill level. Slow down right in front of one and see if he just bumps into you or makes a decent effort to go around. Oh, and also see if you can change the damage from the driving options. I've seen some vids with damage and others without so you should be able to toggle it off/on, if you can read german that is.

Get your rest, as for tomorrow, you become a MAN Ok i got one Go around looking for any PD guy and ask him about track count and cars that will have cockpits

Last edited:
Just do us proud, want to see some good driving above all else... maybe shoutout GTPlanet.com on the video if you're doing good because a lot of people will see these videos!

Back