My day at gamescom (stalking the GT booth and taking requests)

• Thread starter alba
  • 188 comments
I only have two single requests at present for two things I'm very curious about:

1. See if you can access the other features in the main menu(the other icons next to "arcade") and tell me what can and can't be accessed.

2. Look closely at the rigs and please confirm to me if they have PS3 slim or the original ones.

Overall, have a great time there:tup:

I just found this article with the help of google, it gives a couple of bits of info some of you are looking for. It eliminates driving into Turn 1 at full speed (no total destruction). And the gamescom setup is running in 'arcade mode' apparently. The Subuaru is the only driveable car and R246 is the only track available.

http://totalplaystation.com/ps3/Gran-Turismo-5/previews/8482

So that confirms that it is indeed the only playable vehicle and track in this floor demo.

Steal a PS3 with the demo installed :D so we can disect the game with all of its Gran Turismo Goodness! :bowdown:

So that confirms that it is indeed the only playable vehicle and track in this floor demo.
Had this at the end of the article, wonder if he means that's what a Sony rep told them at games com? "Ok, what else is there to tell you? Well according to Sony the game is going to arrive sometime in the 4th quarter of this year."

To Alba: I can't especially think of any requests, only thing I can think of is how the physics feel and what not, which I know you're already going to pay attention to. ;p

Things such as road feel, weight transfer, progressive loss of grip, etc. That, along with sound quality, is what I am interested most in.

Ditto, along with FFB. It's hard to hear detailed sound in existing videos, but I can swear that tire scrub is somehow different now.

Steal a PS3 with the demo installed :D so we can disect the game with all of its Gran Turismo Goodness! :bowdown:

Not a very smart thing to say,even if you are joking,at all....

Have a lot of fun man,take your time and write everything down you come across,because you know we want to know every detail!!!!!...👍

spyrrari.

I have a request!
Turn around, go backwards and then hit other cars head-on in the straight! Then, drive around and see how your car runs after that mess. And post the video please!

Please ask about the number of tracks and the 170 "Premium" cars (what exactly are the benefits of those over the standard models). Ask about mechanical damage as well. Besides a release date, those are really the only questions I have.

Most of all have fun and enjoy the show :)

I have a request!
Turn around, go backwards and then hit other cars head-on in the straight! Then, drive around and see how your car runs after that mess. And post the video please!

I concur! Or try if you can blow the engine by revving it to redline :dopey:

Ok here are two things I would really like to know more about, if you can grab hold of a rep or ideally someone from PD who will no doubt be there:

1) Why does the demo only have 10 cars on the track? GT5:P had 16 cars on track at once. Have they had to limit the amount of vehicles in a race due to the extra resources the damage engine is using? Or is it simply a case of Arcade mode having 10 car races? I'll be a tad disappointed if GT5 drops down to 10 car races after getting used to 16 in GT5P.

2) Is there a more in-depth damage simulation that is not being shown in the demo? Or is what we are seeing what we will get in the final version of GT5? If you can, make it a point to mention how parts do not crumple/damage/deform, and ask if that will be present in the final game.

Try and roll the car, or atleast see how close you can get. Jump curbs hard, give it your best shot :D

Rip out one of the PS3s at GT booths and run as fast as you can! That way you can play demo all the time ; ) haha

Fish tail the ai car's As it seems now they no longer weigh a million cagillion billion pounds.

- Do a donut :) (maybe just after the 1st corner, ok camera angle then on the replay)
- Try to take "the high speed chicane" (7rd & 8th corner?) really fast, maybe a little oversteery also - to get a good look about the physics
- Use handbrake in the last corner & try to drift a bit :)
- Take a video someone using "the bumper cam" and include the real wheel in the vid --> Gives better picture of the handling than if only seen the "virtual hands".
- All aids off, naturally
- Try different tires...

Last edited:
According to neogaf forum findings damage system could have been updated (rear mirrors do get damaged now) so test the damage as much as possible ;) and as previous member said - play around with removable surroundings have fun and don't forget about Diablo 3 and booth babes. :sly:

try to write the car off... see what the worst possible damage possible is

i dont think he could over rev the engine as its been said somewhere that its locked to automatic trans

believe someone said in this demo version writing you car off was impissible

arthurbostrom.jpg

And a hood is something that jumpers have that you also wear on your head.

Wow. That's much cleaner than the one I was thinking.

Also, MX-5s have hoods. And bonnets.

Tell us what the collision physics are like.

What physics setting they are driving on.

And what cars are in the race.

Back