My gaming / movie entertainment center build. 100% complete. Lots of pics.

Love your setup Camaro. I have done the same with fans to extract hot air from the cabinet that keeps my work pc's.
They run almost too cool :)

And no dust. Trust me, we make a lot of dust at work :)

Pics and info continued...

View attachment 145296View attachment 145294 View attachment 145295 View attachment 145297
Ottoman with casters
The ottoman was very difficult to find and fit perfect for the center person! Overall size was 18"x18"x18". Perfect footrest or extra seat. It is very comfortable and also has storage. In fact it even holds a 30 pack of beer. I removed the wooden legs and added casters so it is easier to move around.

View attachment 145301View attachment 145304 View attachment 145302 View attachment 145303 View attachment 145300 View attachment 145299
Cooling fans (x4)
The cooling fans are 80mm and are hooked to the tv via USB. When I turn on the TV, (4) USB powered fans turn on at the same time to help cool down the PS3, 360, and the receiver. They work very well. Each fan required a 3" hole to be cut for the fan along with a 1-1/2" hole for wire access, along with smaller holes for each fan bolt. Lots of saw dust, lots of vacuuming, lots of work. An overload of proper measurement for the perfect install.
1 fan behind 360 and power brick.
1 fan behind PS3.
2 fans behind receiever.

View attachment 145309 View attachment 145308 View attachment 145307 View attachment 145306 View attachment 145305
Dust filtration system
I added in a filtration system to help collect dust. The fans are held on with long bolts and nuts. So not only do the bolts hold the fans, they also easily hold the foam filters. Works very well.
The rope lighting involved careful routing which required quite a lot of small pre drill holes, screws, and brackets. I also wired an on off switch to the rope wire.

View attachment 145313 View attachment 145314 View attachment 145315 View attachment 145316View attachment 145387
Custom glass table
Even the glass table you see in the pictures is all custom made. It has custom cut glass, custom cut legs, and I had to put it all together.

View attachment 145322 View attachment 145324 View attachment 145323 View attachment 145325 View attachment 145326 View attachment 145327View attachment 145331
Rope lights

These worked perfect but did involve quite a bit of work. Had to figure out my linear feet then drill all the holes for the brackets. The nice part is this is square tubing so it sits flush to the wood. Purchased an on off switch for the lights.

View attachment 145339
View attachment 145341 View attachment 145342 View attachment 145344View attachment 145347View attachment 145351
GT6 and Forza 4 on the Sony Bravia at the same time via "twin screen" setting.

G602_CTG_webready.jpg

wireless-keyboard-k360-amr-glossy-black-glamour-image-lg.png

Wireless mouse Logitech G602 and keyboard

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse to run the computers. Feels wonderful sitting on the couch playing PC games on the 40" tv through the surround sound.

Couch (pics in first post)
The couch is suede microfiber with 2 recliners, 2 back massagers, 2 center lights, center storage, fold down cup holders, and a couch cooler in the middle that pulls out from the bottom.

Entertainment Center (pics in first post)
Hillsdale Grand Bay Small Entertainment Wall Unit. Luckily I found it on sale. Superb build quality. Installation required no tools at all. Just mainly metal slide clips. Just amazing quality. Very impressed with Hillsdale. In fact Fed Ex broke one of the cabinets and Hillsdale sent me another one within a week.
Oh damn, I wish I could do that twin screen setting feature. Does it come with all TVs or only the Sony Bravia? Because that would be awesome especially playing PS3 and PS4 at the same time. Playing GT6 and The Crew or whatever games I get for Christmas on the PS4 on the same screen at the same time would be awesome. Btw I own a Sanyo HD TV.

Nice! Especially FM5 :D

Ty. F5 is good but FH2 is even better.
great! better put that forza 5 download que rolling :)

also, remove the sticker below the bluray drive.
Ty So far I left the sticker on. Still feels new with the sticker on there.

Love your setup Camaro. I have done the same with fans to extract hot air from the cabinet that keeps my work pc's.
They run almost too cool :)

And no dust. Trust me, we make a lot of dust at work :)
Thank you. Yes I have seen your setup and its really nice.
Que chulo man.

This is awesome but I would use dynamic LED strips instead. Very cool anyways dude 👍
Ty
Oh damn, I wish I could do that twin screen setting feature. Does it come with all TVs or only the Sony Bravia? Because that would be awesome especially playing PS3 and PS4 at the same time. Playing GT6 and The Crew or whatever games I get for Christmas on the PS4 on the same screen at the same time would be awesome. Btw I own a Sanyo HD TV.
The feature you see that lets me resize 2 imput sources is actually called "Twin Screen". My Sony Bravia tv has twin screen AND picture in picture. They are both totally different. I tested out quite a few different tvs and the Sony Bravia was the only tv that had this special ability to share 2 different imput sources like that. And let you size them any way you want.

TB
@pokemonfan58 - look for something called Picture in Picture.
Actually the feature he is looking at is called "Twin screen". It is different than picture in picture. The twin screen not only allows multiple input sources, it also allows you to size them any way you want. 10/90, 20/80, 30/70, 40/60, 50/50..... The picture in picture usually only allows a little corner of the screen to be used while the other screen takes up the entire tv. My tv has both Twin screen AND picture in picture. It was actually one of the features that sold me on the tv because I could play GT6 and Forza at the same time. ;)

Updates on this system:

Thank you all for the feedback. The PS3 is going to be traded in within the next couple weeks before the Master Chief collection comes out. The black casters on the ottoman did not work very well and eventually failed, so I upgraded to much better casters. The new casters have ball bearings and have rubber soft wheels to roll on the carpet better. Huge improvement. I forgot to mention I had the stereo too loud one day and a lamp fell off the speaker and got damaged. So I will need to find 1 or 2 more lamps eventually. Might have to attach the lamps to the top of the speaker towers. Other than that this system is still working fantastic. I still only have to dust about every 2-3 weeks. :)

IMG_20141028_174003.jpg

Old hard plastic generic casters.
IMG_20141028_173150.jpg

New improved ball bearing casters with soft rubber wheels. These roll much better on carpet or any other surface.

Last edited:
Back