My Mercedes Benz AMG VGT mission

• Thread starter GDETrust
  • 30 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
So, I'm known to do stupid things, and this one is no different. I plan on exclusively using an AMG VGT to clock miles for the sake of it. I am starting today with a new AMG VGT and am planning a couple of hour long endurance races a day, plus other racing. My ultimate goal is to drive this beast to a quarter million before the wife turns 30... So I have 1 year, 6 months, so only 460ush miles a day. Wish me luck.

Sounds fun but lets up the stakes I'll race you to 250K miles with my 919 which right now has 2.7K miles.

I only grind Sardegna and Spa with it.
Sounds like it could be fun. My go-to races with this car will prob be the Lemans 30min in a 700pp setting, and a couple of random 1 hour custom races (ovals or LeMans no chicane will be the quicker milage tracks, but I'ma let RNG decide what I do lol). I might even try squeeze in 8 hour races if the wife has work 😂 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be fun. My go-to races with this car will prob be the Lemans 30min in a 700pp setting, and a couple of random 1 hour custom races (ovals or LeMans no chicane will be the quicker milage tracks, but I'ma let RNG decide what I do lol). I might even try squeeze in 8 hour races if the wife has work 😂 😂 😂 😂
On a good day I can play up to 20 Hours a day.:sly:

Well, I'm gonna get beat in this race then, but I'm gonna give it a go 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Miles on my 919 after doing 5 Sardegna straight.👍
Gran Turismo® 7_20240622200109.jpg

Day 2 has ended with a mammoth count. A lot of time trials and paddock sessions (my son wanted to drive with dad, so Bathurst and Daytona sessions most of the day). I managed to sneak in a paltry 20 miles of a planned 30min race, but my stupid a** forgot to buy wets, and I got stuck on the first segment of the main straight in Le Mans with the wrong tyres. Oh well, exit out, take the miles and I'll try again tomorrow. A total of 845 miles today, bringing the new total for my AMG VGT to a nice 1180 miles

Since OP doesn't say it has to be a car only from BC.

To be fair you can remove 1235 miles from this since I bought it with 1235 from the LCD.

I only use it for Tokyo and I can grind between 3K and 5K miles per week.
View attachment 1367342
I know art is subjective yet I'm still offended by that livery being on such a legendary car 😅

That is a lot of miles!

I wish I had the time to do the same as you... My Honey do list is sadly way too long i don't see the light at the end of the tunnel...
I am lucky if I can put 30 mins at least ...
Rooting for you

I changed my mind I will use my beloved P1 GTR for this since if there's 1 car that I can drive the hell out of is my p1.

Over 400 miles of Sardegna just today with it and I'm not done yet.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240625153904.jpg

I changed my mind I will use my beloved P1 GTR for this since if there's 1 car that I can drive the hell out of is my p1.

Over 400 miles of Sardegna just today with it and I'm not done yet.
View attachment 1367654
Sorry for stupid question, but don't you get bored at some point ?

I can't imagine being able to put that much mileage and not be bored regardless of how much I love the car or driving....
Don't you ever catch yourself falling asleep ?
You must have the ability to focus like crazy...

Maybe I have ADHD, but I don't think I can do so much and I love GT7...

You should really qualify for a virtual 24H of LeMans....

Sorry for stupid question, but don't you get bored at some point ?

I can't imagine being able to put that much mileage and not be bored regardless of how much I love the car or driving....
Don't you ever catch yourself falling asleep ?
You must have the ability to focus like crazy...

Maybe I have ADHD, but I don't think I can do so much and I love GT7...

You should really qualify for a virtual 24H of LeMans....
Not a stupid question.:)

Personally I don't get bored cause I enjoy grinding in GT7 its also the reason I play jrpgs since those game have alot of grinding.:D

Plus right now I thankful to have gt7 cause its helping me in a personal level with my recent tragedy.👍

Last edited:
Not a stupid question.:)

Personally I don't get bored cause I enjoy grinding in GT7 its also the reason I play jrpgs since those game have alot of grinding.:D

Plus right now I thankful to have gt7 cause its helping me in a personal level with my recent tragedy.👍
So in a way GT7 is therapeutic... Like how gardening is for some people...

I don't know if and how much you can share of your personal, but now you got me curious, I remember you mentioned about it a while ago, but sorry I also forgot about it all.

I hope things will get better for you and am glad GT7 is helping you in that sense...

Sorry, had phone connection issues. Day 6 has come.to an end for me with my race record increasing to 27 wins from 34 races, and milage increasing to 3381, so sitting at an average of greater than 500 per day. Time trials are really helping clock the miles for me.

Latest Posts

Back