My Message to New Members

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 57 comments
Everyone should also check what they type. I'm in no way perfect, but I like to keep my posts clean. No more full lines of smilies. I try to use correct grammar. I don't post to just raise my post count. I only post when I feel I need to. Before I keep rambling, I'll close up my post. If all the noobs were like me, (No, I'm not special) and read a 100 or more threads before their first post, Jordan would be saving bandwidth. I read the whole TXR3 thread and contributed quite a bit. I'll shut up now before I become known second to John's hecticly (SP.) long posts

Caligula1:: u have right in what u say.. There is no end on the game... i have drived Gt 1-3+concept and prolog... and all i can say is that even if u get 100% u can drive just for pure pleasure.. I do so anyway GRANTURISMO 4 EVER

standard235
Everyone should also check what they type. I'm in no way perfect, but I like to keep my posts clean. No more full lines of smilies. I try to use correct grammar.

Ferrari Enzo
Caligula1:: u have right in what u say.. There is no end on the game... i have drived Gt 1-3+concept and prolog... and all i can say is that even if u get 100% u can drive just for pure pleasure.. I do so anyway GRANTURISMO 4 EVER

That's called juxtaposition ^

As long as we can understand what someone's trying to say, you can't expect people to exert more energy into using correct grammar than they do normally on a computer, which means abbreviations and virtually no grammar or punctuation whatsoever.

Uncle Harry
The point is if he loved the GT series as much as he makes out, he would have finished the game by now.
John you should think about becoming a Politician. You would do very well. I do not think I need to expand that further as most of the brighter ones here should understand what I am getting at.

ass.

The guy tries to put in a thread which is clear, concise, doesn't slag anyone off and - in theory - could help a lot of new members. Then you ruin it by being .... well I can't really say what I think 'cos there are a lot of younger members here. I haven't really spent much time on here for a while because I have other things to do, and limited net access, but there's always one rotten apple, isn't there? :dunce:

Go John, I say :cheers:

g.money
ass.

The guy tries to put in a thread which is clear, concise, doesn't slag anyone off and - in theory - could help a lot of new members. Then you ruin it by being .... well I can't really say what I think 'cos there are a lot of younger members here. I haven't really spent much time on here for a while because I have other things to do, and limited net access, but there's always one rotten apple, isn't there? :dunce:

Go John, I say :cheers:

g.money,
I am entitled to my opinion and you to yours. However your quoting something that is now 8 weeks old. I said my piece 8 weeks ago and left it to that. The thread happally carried on for 8 weeks until you come along and start attacking me with open hostility. Go back to doing your other things and leave me alone.
If I was a bad apple my words would have contained a lot more sting than the ones used.
John is a mature guy who can and does fight his own battles.
Go and attact the idiots who spam every thread with rubbish if you feel the need to express yourself.
Uncle Harry

Uncle Harry
g.money,
I am entitled to my opinion and you to yours. However your quoting something that is now 8 weeks old. I said my piece 8 weeks ago and left it to that. The thread happally carried on for 8 weeks until you come along and start attacking me with open hostility. Go back to doing your other things and leave me alone.
If I was a bad apple my words would have contained a lot more sting than the ones used.
John is a mature guy who can and does fight his own battles.
Go and attact the idiots who spam every thread with rubbish if you feel the need to express yourself.
Uncle Harry

oh, so just because you posted 8 weeks ago, that should be the end of the subject then? In that case, surely each GT forum should be closed 8 weeks after release...? And if I'd wanted to attack you then believe me, I would. I'm a real sweetie really though

btw I never finished GT3 either, because I didn't see the point in wasting copious amounts of my life doing every single endurance race (all bar three) and the Polyphony Cup when I had done everything else and had all the cars I wanted (example...?) www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32082&stc=1&thumb=1

have a nice day now...

Losers !! It always makes me chuckle when members have online rucks, Im sure theres more important stuff to do and worry about.

G Money - Is your username from New Jack City ? I like

cheers James, it is indeed. Also off a Pantera video...

there is more important stuff, but hey, it passes my day in work... ;)

Its the Cash Money Brothers in that film isnt it ?

and yeah this does tend to pass the time but sometimes too much time then you are left with half hour to do a full days work !!

Cosmic
My Message to New Members :
Don't bring back old threads form the dead!

So that you can them flame them for starting new ones that have allready been covered. That does not really make a lot of sense.
Are we not trying to get new members to search first. If they think they can add something to an old thread well good luck to them.

And from is spelt from and not form. :)

Eagle
Why exactly can't we delete posts?

er, 1/ I don't see 'moderator' under your name, and 2/ because everyone is entitled to their view.... would you like it if people started deleting your posts?

G I think eagle might mean deleting your own posts ??

edit - On G's post can anyone else see just the first few letters of the word "start" its disappeared off the dge of the page for me !!

I can see all the letters of "started" on G's post...

What's your res set to?

Do you not have any scroll bars?

C.

So we have a mini-conflict here. Cosmic's #43 Post vs. the #45 one from Uncle Harry. So let's see how to split this one...

Basically, Harry is right. You're better off searching for old threads and here's why. To me, as long as a post bears any relevance to what GT4 will be like (as long as it is not locked) is fair game. So that means that any weather discussion, for example, can still be discussed even if the thread is "dead." And keep in mind. I'm a rookie myself. I'm going on 8 months on the 'Planet. But if there's a topic like the "Grand Canyon 2004 Debate!!!" or the "We're Running Out of Things to Talk About!" threads, then it's foolish to bring it up. Remember the "778 Cars Confirmed!!!" thread? Look what happened to it. Locked up and closed for good.

I mean, the reason why we always tend to discuss Searching is because we've talked about a lot of stuff about GT4. This "new message" is only about GT4 because it's the majority of this problem. People are nuts about the next GT, myself included. I recentely downloaded that video about the Paris track. I did the NetTransport, and I love that video. And when new news comes along, it keeps us hooked.

So anyhow, every topic is fair game as long as relevant information is brought about. I've even updated threads so that those accused of bringing up already-covered topics won't have to do a lot of searching. It is only a service for me to do what I can as a GTPlanet member and a volunteer. Is that not worth any special attention?

On the subject of resurrection... I resurrected a thread in the Q&A forum which was originally entitled "Stop telling us to search" or words to that effect...

The last post was exactly a year minus one day old... and I asked when was a reasonable time to ressurrect or start new...

And Neon_Duke (A moderator) came back with a reply informing me that as long as a topic was relevant then resurrection was more than welcome and much preferred over none searching new threads.

C.

There's nothing wrong with resurrections if there's something to be contributed, not just "I can't logout??" or something similar.

And I meant why can't we delete our own posts, seems like a decent option to have available to us. You just misinterpreted.

To help reduce redundant threads, ever notice the new window before starting a new thread here? The GTP Moderators are trying to curb redundant topics as much as possible. But if it is a topic mentioned before, you REALLY need to search first.

Back