My PC shut down itself after playing SpinTires...

• Thread starter JoshB1984
  • 39 comments
United States
Adairsville, GA
and other full-screen games... I tried change my new power supply. And I disabled to overclock my AMD APU. My CPU temp is good. I already reset my memory.... *sighs* What I supposed to doing with my PC?

My 4 years old PC Spec :
CPU: AMD A4-3400 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus F1A55-M LE R2.0 Micro ATX FM1
Memory: G.Skill NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Storage 1: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage 2:Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Integrated Graphics: Radeon HD 6410D
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX Power Supply (new)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit)

any bluescreens?

Could be a powersupply issue
Not enough power so the PSU trips is overload protection or defective PSU

Just an advice. Try re seating all components on your PC. And unplug your PC from the wall for at least a day if you can. That solved my "resetting/shutting down/ram" problems back then after I overclocked my CPU. Might be the extra voltage/electricity on the PC that causes it to shut down.

That's explain on "Overvolt"

upload_2016-1-30_23-25-38.png

double check with the PSU with a multi meter and check the BIOS voltage readings.
Sometimes these programs throw errors.
15v would fry your PCs hardware.

Does it go through the shut down process or just suddenly go off? Does it restart straight away?

Could be the mainboards surge protection system.
It will protect against a short circuit, over voltage and under voltage.

So if the mainboard voltage sensors are detecting 15v on the 12v rail.
It will shutdown to protect itself.

double check with the PSU with a multi meter and check the BIOS voltage readings.
Sometimes these programs throw errors.
15v would fry your PCs hardware.

My BIOS says 12.58V, so I think HWMontior throw errors.

Does it go through the shut down process or just suddenly go off? Does it restart straight away?

Just suddenly go off itself. I did replace my old PSU with new PSU, do same thing.

What does the Event Viewer says before the shut down? If HWMonitor is giving you inaccurate data then it might be a CPU temp problem. Try making your CPU fans run 100% at all times.

Also you said you disabled your overclock. Maybe the thermal paste in CPU is already depleted because of overclocking. Apply a fresh one if you can.

Last edited:
Here's it goes....
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 1/30/2016 8:07:54 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Owner-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-31T01:07:54.777623400Z" />
<EventRecordID>146264</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Owner-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Hmmm...Have you tried doing some tests? Prime95, Valley Benchmark, RAM test?

While doing CPU/GPU test, watch your Monitor software for changes in voltage and temps.

Do those test. Prime95, Valley Benchmark, and Windows Memory Diagnostic. If your PC doesn't shutdown while testing then maybe there's something in your games that's causing it. If it do shutdown while testing then maybe its your PSU or CPU.

Good. Then maybe its your game. Does it restart itself? I remember I was having problems with my R9 290 back then. Whenever I play any games, my PC will randomly shutdown and restart itself. I found out it was AODDriver4.2.0 that's causing it. I knew because I saw that it failed in the Event Viewer before the PC shuts down. The cause is a conflict between AODDriver4.2.0 and AODDriver 4.3.0. They were both installed in my sytem by default because of AMD drivers legacy whatever. Try to locate it in the registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AODDriver4.x.x If there's two AODDriver then maybe that's what causing it.

Now at the Event Viewer. Find that name "AODDriver" in all of the event types. At Critical, Error, Warning, Information etc. It should be a "AODDriver failure" or whatever. It will happen before the shutdown. So to find it easily, check the time. The time before your PC shuts down.
Event-Viewer-ATI_zpsda10a513.jpg.html

Last edited:
Sorry for double post again. It should look like this.
Screenshot (39).png

Another way to deal with this, if I'm correct that the drivers are causing your PC to shut down itself is to disable the Windows Driver Verifier. But don't mind that yet.

Last edited:
I found nothing in Event Viewer... Hmmm... I found something else interest. I noticing time when shut down, "papycpu2 papyjoy" Service Control Manager error, "5:03PM" was when shut down.

Hmm...I searched for it. One says its a driver. Another says its a Malware. You have two option.

1. Scan your PC with an Antivirus, and Anti Malware. Use both Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Use a good antivirus like AVG etc. And delete whatever your scanners catch.

2. If they didn't catch anything. Disable Windows Driver Verifier. Your PC shuts down because that papy drivers (if they are really drivers) are not compatible etc to your system. That's why your PC automatically shuts when it detect that your using that papy when gaming.

I will go ahead to reinstalling or updating AMD drivers, my Catalyst Version is 14.12. What AMD APU driver version I updating to?

Yes try updating your AMD drivers first. Install the latest non beta i guess. Then test it. If it shuts again, I would recommend running an Antivirus/Antimalware to pin point that "papy" or if there's something else is in your PC. Or...you can delete the other AODDriver that one without zero or disable the Windows Driver Verifier. If it still shuts on itself. Backup all your files and fresh install your OS. If it still shuts then its the hardware.

Back