Nürburgring GP/D Surprise Nights, Monday 20th & 27th June

• Thread starter RDAardvark
  • 69 comments
Hey, just kidding. We shall have to have a kamikazee session on the blocks!:)

LOL the blocks :guilty:
You picked this track on purpose for the blocks, didn't you!! haha
You do know that when waz & I were practicing this track, I told him we should knock the blocks out & practice getting around the blocks as impromptu chicanes, because I said, with some attitude, "every race on this track, inevitably someone knocks the blocks out & everyone else has to drive around them the rest of the race". Never dreaming that I would be responsible.

So my plan for surprise night is just to take the 60 second penalty every lap, if that's what it takes to completely avoid the blocks. :nervous:

:lol:

LOL the blocks :guilty:
You picked this track on purpose for the blocks, didn't you!! haha
You do know that when waz & I were practicing this track, I told him we should knock the blocks out & practice getting around the blocks as impromptu chicanes, because I said, with some attitude, "every race on this track, inevitably someone knocks the blocks out & everyone else has to drive around them the rest of the race". Never dreaming that I would be responsible.

So my plan for surprise night is just to take the 60 second penalty every lap, if that's what it takes to completely avoid the blocks. :nervous:

I do really love this track - It's easy enough to learn but boy can it surprise you when you get things wrong. Thing is, I don't yet know a lot of the tracks properly so I tend to home in on those that I do know well. Just wish Silverstone was in there. I love driving that track!

Come monday, I think we should see how far round the track we can move the blocks! I thnk those are the only ones on the track, otherwise we could have built a tower. :-)

I've created a video of my last race of the evening at Deep Forest on Monday.
It's in the last post here.

Edit: For some reason the annotations aren't working on my machine.

Edit mk2: View this on Friday 17th and annotations were working! Must take a while to come through

Last edited:
Come monday, I think we should see how far round the track we can move the blocks! I thnk those are the only ones on the track, otherwise we could have built a tower. :-)

You're really enjoying this.

At least it's not one of the tracks that I tend to go into the pit by mistake. :D

Should be good tonight if everyone can make it.

See you all online around 9pm London time.

I'm scared.

You're scared? I'm scared - This is my first time hosting a big proper event!

Still undecided what car to go for tonight. PM me if you have any suggestions...

Have a good time tonight guys...can't make it tonight. I am sure you are all in good hands.

If you are reading this and haven't raced with the 'fun racers' before, especially if you are still new to online racing, then sign up and come along tonight. The group welcomes new drivers, and though some of us have been driving together for a few months now, it's not a clique....quiet or noisy....all are welcome. 👍

Have a good time tonight guys...can't make it tonight. I am sure you are all in good hands.

If you are reading this and haven't raced with the 'fun racers' before, especially if you are still new to online racing, then sign up and come along tonight. The group welcomes new drivers, and though some of us have been driving together for a few months now, it's not a clique....quiet or noisy....all are welcome. 👍

Shame you can't make it DJ, but I'm sure we'll have a good time! Hopefully get a video or two done to show you what you missed!

I'm aiming to make it tonight. Should be good fun. And don't worry about the car choice. I enjoyed it when I hosted and I'm sure you will too. Just look for a car with some nice paint choices that would be fun to ride around the course.

I'm aiming to make it tonight. Should be good fun. And don't worry about the car choice. I enjoyed it when I hosted and I'm sure you will too. Just look for a car with some nice paint choices that would be fun to ride around the course.

Glad to hear you'll be there. I've been having another look at the car list and spotted a few that should be fun.

See you online!

I've got a business dinner that I've got to attend tonight, but I hope that I'll be back home in time to join. The monday night races are always great fun :)

Bleh. Thwarted by connection issues.
Got two races in though. Yet another highly entertaining evening, thanks guys!
See you next week!

Best quote of the night (as close as I can remember being told it):

"I was messing with the settings when the race started, & wound up driving with all aids full on - IT WAS LIKE DRIVING A SOFA"

LOL :D :lol:

Best quote of the night (as close as I can remember being told it):

"I was messing with the settings when the race started, & wound up driving with all aids full on - IT WAS LIKE DRIVING A SOFA"

LOL :D :lol:

That was me! Fame at last!

Excellent racing and excellent fun once again.
Thanks to everyone who took part.

I'll hopefully have some video highlights later in the week.

Cheers for last night Steve, was a good laugh as usual. She was a heavy auld car but great fun all the same. Looking Forward to your next video, your last one was excellent after the speech bubbles were working right. Loved it.
I'm looking forward to seeing what car you're gonna choose next week.

This thread has gone a bit quiet, so
* BUMP * (with no 5 second penalty)

The suspense is killing me as to what car will be chosen this week with me participating.
(I have this paranoid suspicion RDAardvark really plans to stick it to me! lol :D)

Back