NBA: 2023-2024 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 96 comments
NBA icon and legend, Jerry West, has died. The one who is literally the logo of the NBA was 86 years old at the time of his passing. Learn more about this all-time great and what he has done in the NBA here: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40333628/nba-all-great-jerry-west-dies-age-86 . My condolences go out to all who known and loved the The Logo.

On a much lighter note, Game 3 of the 2023-2024 NBA Finals is tonight in Dallas. The Boston Celtics are up 2-0 in this series as the Finals now goes through Dallas. Dallas needs to win either Game 3 or Game 4 to ensure this series goes at least 5 games.

Here are your winners... and the NEWWWWW NBA Champions- the Boston Celtics! Boston been the team to beat all season, and they finally finished the job in a 4-1 Gentleman Sweep of the Dallas Mavericks. The Celtics now have the most NBA Championships (were tied with the Lakers with 17). Now, they are all alone with the most NBA Championships with 18 Championships. Their 2023-2024 triumph is Boston's first NBA Championship since 2008.

Well, the Celtics better be ready to defend their Championship once the 2024-2025 NBA season happens. But for now, all congratulations to the Boston Celtics!

This morning, I learned Monty Williams, coach of the Detroit Pistons, was fired after just one season. So the guy who signed a 5-year, $65M USD contract to turn around MoTown's NBA team lasts only one season. Monty Williams' coaching record is the worst in Detroit Pistons' history at 14-68. These are tough times for one of the proudest NBA franchises today. Hopefully Detroit can find somebody with some staying power and maybe turn around this team's misfortunes. Even my Houston Rockets did better with a new coach, as we finished 41-41 and 11th in the West, which is better than us getting 20 and 23 wins the previous two seasons.

The Boston Celtics will probably hold their parade some time soon. I'm also sure the Lakers want themselves their 18th title to match the Celtics. Congratulations to both Boston and Dallas on excellent seasons.

Last edited:
This morning, I learned Monty Williams, coach of the Detroit Pistons, was fired after just one season.
I Love Lucy Ok GIF by Paramount+

Los Angeles Lakers Nation... meet your new head coach. Get to know Mr. J.J. Redick. He signed a four-year deal to coach the 17-time NBA Champion Lakers. Maybe there's hope for Lakers fans with this coaching hire.

Honestly, this is perfect for JJ Reddick. The Lakers go through coaches like newspapers at a dog kennel. JJ will either be a great success like Steve Kerr, or can be done in 4 years or fewer to resume his young career in sports media.

Monty had 1 year left on his initial Suns contract before they offered him a 2-3 year extension at the end of the 2022 season. Makes it through 1 season of that before Phoenix buys him out for $20 million in May 2023. Detroit signs him to a 6-year/$78 million deal in June, & then also fires him after 1 season, owing him $65 million.

My man netted himself near $100 million in just 1 year. Rich Paul? Nah, give me Monty's agent as the GOAT bag securer.

Back