New - Online B-Spec Challenge No.4 [3/28]

moon_knight24
It's a good thing PD doesn't take into consideration all the bitchin' and moanin' people go on about every time a new seasonal comes out. Hell, they have their opinion and I have mine. Just enjoy the fact that PD actually cares for their product and update the game every two weeks... Jesus H.!!!

They care, yet they removed the large number of seasonals with variety we once had and replaced them all with something very repetitive and predictable. And the fact they refused to explain to players why they were suddenly removing content without warning convinces me even more that they don't care.

They were doing a better job before. At least we had a big variety of events with different car restrictions before they vanished. Plus we had some great new events before like the Ferrari F1 event, FF/FR/4WD event, and the Impreza and Fiat challenge.

There's nothing notable about these current events. Simply changing the track really doesn't make them any different than the ones from a couple of weeks ago.

And I don't get why people are telling us to be thankful for these, like it's so hard to add more and new events. They did it before with Ferrari F1 and other events I mentioned earlier. There were even new events when seasonals first came out. This is proof PD IS capable of easily adding something new to the Seasonal Events if they really want to.

Furthermore, the cars and tracks are already there. PD was able to put better effort in the career mode of previous GTs, all on PS1/PS2 and running on CD/DVD disks, inferior hardware. I doubt it's difficult at all to give us something different.

Yeah, and PD cares. Right.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I highly doubt they refused to answer. More like they ignored 'us' but whatever. We all should also note they are preparing for GT Academy (Germany), the delayed DLC, the online photo gallery thing and GT6. That's a lot on the plate. Plus, we don't know if it actually is just as easy to put up a different event, it could acutally take up some time. Or maybe this A-Spec - B-Spec - TT & DT cycle is just a phase this year, it'll be over and you can get over it. Just don't jump to conclusions like that.

Also, if they didn't care, they wouldn't be supplying us with games in the first place and making it for themselves.

Just saying.

They care, yet they removed the large number of seasonals with variety we once had and replaced them all with something very repetitive and predictable. And the fact they refused to explain to players why they were suddenly removing content without warning convinces me even more that they don't care.

They were doing a better job before. At least we had a big variety of events with different car restrictions before they vanished. Plus we had some great new events before like the Ferrari F1 event, FF/FR/4WD event, and the Impreza and Fiat challenge.

There's nothing notable about these current events. Simply changing the track really doesn't make them any different than the ones from a couple of weeks ago.

And I don't get why people are telling us to be thankful for these, like it's so hard to add more and new events. They did it before with Ferrari F1 and other events I mentioned earlier. There were even new events when seasonals first came out. This is proof PD IS capable of easily adding something new to the Seasonal Events if they really want to.

Furthermore, the cars and tracks are already there. PD was able to put better effort in the career mode of previous GTs, all on PS1/PS2 and running on CD/DVD disks, inferior hardware. I doubt it's difficult at all to give us something different.

Yeah, and PD cares. Right.

With you all it's Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Plus, I didn't say I was thankful just that it's something to enjoy because PD actually updates the game every now and then. Maybe someday they will include all of the seasonals of the past. But the bitchin' and moanin' will get the game nowhere.

:rolleyes:

I highly doubt they refused to answer. More like they ignored 'us' but whatever.

They still didn't bother to explain or let us know in advance. Still sounds like not caring to me.

We all should also note they are preparing for GT Academy (Germany), the delayed DLC, the online photo gallery thing and GT6. That's a lot on the plate.

Yet they still managed to add a B-spec event last night and keep up with the schedule so far.

Plus, we don't know if it actually is just as easy to put up a different event, it could acutally take up some time.

The fact they were able to add a different event every seasonal update last year indicates otherwise. Plus, GT2, an inferior game as far as hardware goes, even had a event generator. If they can design a PS1 game made over 10 years ago to create events on its own, please don't tell me it's hard to add new races in this day and age.

Or maybe this A-Spec - B-Spec - TT & DT cycle is just a phase this year, it'll be over and you can get over it. Just don't jump to conclusions like that.

Or maybe they can handle things better. For instance, it would have been better to remove one seasonal and replace it with another so that way we can still have a large variety of things to do. Sounds more reasonable than tearing everything down at once and making everyone wait several months to build the variety back up.

Also, if they didn't care, they wouldn't be supplying us with games in the first place and making it for themselves.

Just saying.

Well, of course they're going to keep making games for the public. Or else they don't make any money. The quality of the game is the point here. You can still release garbage and still make money off of it, like with some of the recent NFS games.

With you all it's Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Or perhaps they can learn to just do things right the first time. They didn't have a problem with this type of thing in past games.

Last edited:
Or perhaps they can learn to just do things right the first time. They didn't have a problem with this type of thing in past games.

Just as much as if the game didn't provide for Seasonals there wouldn't be any expectation. Just the game. All we have to (and really can) do is sit and wait for whatever it is they'll do with the game. In the meantime, enjoy whatever it is they are doing without really bitchin' about it.

The fact they were able to add a different event every seasonal update last year indicates otherwise. Plus, GT2, an inferior game as far as hardware goes, even had a event generator. If they can design a PS1 game made over 10 years ago to create events on its own, please don't tell me it's hard to add new races in this day and age.

Trying something new I guess. Why not?

Now that's strictly from opinion.

- Then I might finally get the Lamborghini Miura P400, I'm missing... 👍

An hour and a half at the Ring can take care of that for you too, if the ticket from watching the game play itself for an hour doesn't work out.

And we don't really know what the asian players think about these issues, do we people? Let's not think europe and the USA are Polyphony's only concern
I'm not really a fan of B-Spec and only play it when too tired to drive myself, but that doesn't prevent me from noticing that of all the games I own, Gt is the only one which has enlarged (mainly for free) since I bought it.
And for us football games players, how about FIFA or PES model instead? A new game once a year, 40$ and that's the end of it. Not even online updates for player transfers...

And we don't really know what the asian players think about these issues, do we people? Let's not think europe and the USA are Polyphony's only concern
I'm not really a fan of B-Spec and only play it when too tired to drive myself, but that doesn't prevent me from noticing that of all the games I own, Gt is the only one which has enlarged (mainly for free) since I bought it.
And for us football games players, how about FIFA or PES model instead? A new game once a year, 40$ and that's the end of it. Not even online updates for player transfers...

He has a point there. 👍

Edit: And that below too.

This 👍
Almost all games is, once you bought and thats it...
But GT5 PD updates this game very often.
Big tup for GT5 PD 👍

This 👍
Almost all games is, once you bought and thats it...
But GT5 PD updates this game very often.
Big tup for GT5 PD 👍

+1

Not even the "other game" from the "other developer" can't handle what PD does for GT5. :sly: PD and GT5 for the WIN!!! 👍 Despite me not liking the PP system, I think it's a great feature and I shouldn't complain to about it. It may teach me something to keep my cars balanced. :)

B-Spec races are excellent for evaluating cars and tuning set ups... while getting paid for it. I have discovered several very capable cars at certain PP this way. I do wish they would vary the PP some so we could search for other cars that were optimum at other PP.

I totally agree that the b-spec races are great for finding alternative cars to use and earn money. Yes I also agree about maybe a change to the pp setup. They could change it to 275, 375 and 575 for the a spec races and then we will like you say use other cars in our garages. PD could then alternate the pp between the current settings and new ones.

I totally agree that the b-spec races are great for finding alternative cars to use and earn money. Yes I also agree about maybe a change to the pp setup. They could change it to 275, 375 and 575 for the a spec races and then we will like you say use other cars in our garages. PD could then alternate the pp between the current settings and new ones.

This is what I'll like a lot if PD did do that. Something new and different for the PP's.

A year ago or so, people were complaining about something called "grinding" in order to earn credits and experience points. Credits were really hard to come by, especially when wanting but being unable to buy expensive cars.

Today, the B-spec seasonals are a great improvement, as amassing huge amounts of credits is even easier than it was in GT4. I bought the Mclaren F1 GTR race car for several million credits, then won enough at Laguna Seca this morning to pay it off. 👍

just finished 650 PP with a GT by citroen race Car...(PP.631) beaten the ford gt lm race car spec II with 13 seconds..

zeppos1
just finished 650 PP with a GT by citroen race Car...(PP.631) beaten the ford gt lm race car spec II with 13 seconds..
I just did the same thing, I love the look of that car, but don't use it very much

+1

Not even the "other game" from the "other developer" can't handle what PD does for GT5. :sly: PD and GT5 for the WIN!!! 👍 Despite me not liking the PP system, I think it's a great feature and I shouldn't complain to about it. It may teach me something to keep my cars balanced. :)

I know its a bit off topic, but I guess pp's are an attempt at a system to set limits to races that was not as strict as GT-2, but nowhere as lax as GT-4...
but maybe its just me

Got this one on the first try. Easy money and level 10 ticket. That leaves the level 11 ticket for next week, then 14 and 16 are left. Personally, I think it would be interesting if they made some different race series like they used to do and the prizes could be rare cars we can't obtain in game like the stealth models, chromelines, etc.

managed to win this race with a Jaguar 220 LM race car...stock..detuned to 609 PP then oilchange...total PP was 616...competition was GT-R Concept LM racecar and Ford GT LM race car...
the strange thing is..the jag can chase the leaders and when he is tailing them in lap 6 or 7 he stays behind..
yesterday i had the same thing with the mc laren and the ford specII...the ford was in second place with a big gap..when i tried to overtake him he started speeding up..chasing the mc laren..he closed the gap and that was it..didn't went over the mc laren and i could not get past ..third place with 1.9 sec...

same story with a stock Nomad Diabolo...(not even an oilchange /610 PP ) overtaking every car except the ford spec II...just staying behind for at least 3 laps and finishing second with 0,4 seconds..

Last edited:
I know its a bit off topic, but I guess pp's are an attempt at a system to set limits to races that was not as strict as GT-2, but nowhere as lax as GT-4...
but maybe its just me

///Off Topic///
It's really cool to have such a system like that in the game. It's just when you drop it's percentage, it oddly some goes back up. Werid.

Randomizing the pp required for the B-spec ( and A-spec too ) would be a great way to explore more of the cars in my garage.

Typically, after I beat a seasonal, I will then go back and start detaining the car until I can just barely win, then drop another 5-10 pp, or find another car with that pp, and see how it fares...

Randomizing the pp required for the B-spec ( and A-spec too ) would be a great way to explore more of the cars in my garage.

Typically, after I beat a seasonal, I will then go back and start detaining the car until I can just barely win, then drop another 5-10 pp, or find another car with that pp, and see how it fares...

Try to do that in a-spec, and has given me plenty of very challenging races

Alright! Another event i´ll never even enter. Thank god, the next seasonal is going to be an A-Spec, hopefully with nordschleife again. Why put out B-Spec seasonals anyway?... :/

Why don't you ask why they have put B-Spec in the game? Since they have included it, there is plenty of reasons to have B-Spec seasonal events. The very same reasons as why we have A-Spec seasonal events.

i finished the event comfortablely with a civic type R ek97 for 400pp, bmw m3(the old one which u can get from online dealership) for 500pp(detuned) and mobil nsx for 650pp.

^_-

What a riot! I just watched my bob totally destroy the field in the b-spec challenge at Tuskuba, driving the 125 kart. 1st by lap 5 and started to lap the field at 7 with no prompting. That track seems made for karts.:)

My level 11 employee won pretty easy with the RUF
CTR "Yellow Bird" 87...It's good for the young
lad's confidence, and it's nice to bask in his new
found fame ;-)

Back