New to GTP-WRS Online? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 431 comments
Can i race in a race events now? Or do I need to complete three accepted time trials? One guide talks about a qualifier and the other about time trials to get a division. Just wanted to make sure, thanks.

Hi am new to the league my knowledge of the league and procedures is sketchy at this point so please forgive noob questions haha.
Anyway my PSN is General_E_Dead3 look forward to seeing you pass me on track once I have worked out when and where events are taking place...

Hi am new to the league my knowledge of the league and procedures is sketchy at this point so please forgive noob questions haha.
Anyway my PSN is General_E_Dead3 look forward to seeing you pass me on track once I have worked out when and where events are taking place...

Welcome to the WRS, if you need any help figuring stuff out then please just ask and we'll do what we can to assist :cheers:

Welcome Gareth!
You are all set to take part in our online races. They are stand alone races, no championships here.
Having fun and racing clean is what we stand for.
Races always take place in our weekly's on wednesdays and saturdays.
On sundays you can join the ring rats if you want.
See you on track some time soon hopefully! :gtpflag:

Hello everyone! I just happened to say hello and ask if this thread is about, lately I have found myself busy, I still hope to run again with you, I love competing in snail. if someone can give me an explanation of what this is about, to be on the lookout and to surround myself once again with good pilots like you. Thank you

Hello everyone! I just happened to say hello and ask if this thread is about, lately I have found myself busy, I still hope to run again with you, I love competing in snail. if someone can give me an explanation of what this is about, to be on the lookout and to surround myself once again with good pilots like you. Thank you
Hey and welcome.
I'm just not quite sure if you want to race here with WRS members or back with snail?

What should I do or what do I need to be able to compete here? And if it is not too much trouble, I also know how many days are running and in what timetables, to know if it is possible for me. Thanks once again.

WRS is made up of two sides, we run Time Trials (TT's) and we run On Line Races (OLR's). This section is dedicated to On Line Racing and you can find Time Trials here -> TT's .

We run OLR events every Saturday and then 2 events on Wednesday each week. For timings please see the latest event here -> OLR Timings ( these timing do not change ). OLR races are always based on the Time Trial that is published each week on a Sunday.

In order to participate in TT's or OLR's you will need to register with the WRS. For details of what to do see here -> Registration.

Once you have registered you can participate in Time trials and OLR's immediately but if you only want to take part in OLR events we will still need you to complete a minimum of 3 Time Trials. This is necessary so that we can give you a division ranking. (You can participate in OLR races whilst you obtain your division ranking)

Hope that helps and if you have any further questions please ask.

So have read some of the above and just wanna see if I understood this correctly! For OLR races I need to do time trials based on a Sunday announcement in order to be placed in a division? How would I post times and where?(how slow a division ya got lol)
2) how do I find the relevant room for my OLR race once I have done said TTs?
3) who should I add on PSN to help with any of this haha
Again apologies if this should be obvious but there is a lot of info on the OP to take in!
I have done the registration as far as I am aware including the 3d3? Reg form

So have read some of the above and just wanna see if I understood this correctly! For OLR races I need to do time trials based on a Sunday announcement in order to be placed in a division? How would I post times and where?(how slow a division ya got lol)
2) how do I find the relevant room for my OLR race once I have done said TTs?
3) who should I add on PSN to help with any of this haha
Again apologies if this should be obvious but there is a lot of info on the OP to take in!
I have done the registration as far as I am aware including the 3d3? Reg form

1a. You can start participating in OLR straight away, you don't need to have completed the 3 Time trials first but we do ask that you do complete 3 to get your division ranking. I see you have already started with the latest Time Trial and have started posting your splits so guess you have figured that bit out already. Keep an eye out for the "results" thread that is published late in the day US time on Monday. The results thread will show you where you finished and will also indicate if you need to share a replay. If you are required to share a replay use the tags specified in the results thread and share your saved replay publicly via the in game sharing mechanism.

We welcome anyone of any standard and you've put in some pretty decent splits already so that's a great start

2a. Check the thread for the OLR event and we will post the room number when the room is open. We open the room 1 hour before the race to allow some practice time plus we have a bit of banter and a few laugh so it's worth joining early. We also open a party chat but spaces are limited to 8 so it's first come first served.

3a. You don't need to add any of us to your friends list but you can always shoot a FR to any of the stewards

No need to apologise we welcome questions and are always happy to help if we can and yes you are registered and ready to go. See you on track :)

Once again welcome to the WRS :cheers:

Welcome General

benny_hill_717.jpg

Hi everyone My name is Chris my psn is Booger_Bomb I’m from Canada.
I love everything cars work racing and racing games but I stop playing them when a friend of mine let me play on his pc with a sim rig about 2 years ago so now that I build my own Rig and got the G29 I love racing games more on my PS4

So now where do I get started and Things I need to know

Thanks

Hi everyone My name is Chris my psn is Booger_Bomb I’m from Canada.
I love everything cars work racing and racing games but I stop playing them when a friend of mine let me play on his pc with a sim rig about 2 years ago so now that I build my own Rig and got the G29 I love racing games more on my PS4

So now where do I get started and Things I need to know

Thanks

Hi Chris, good to meet you. We have a thread that should get you started with some basic info and getting registered here - > Registration

Once you have registered you will be eligible to participate in our on-line races and time trials. Even if you are only interested in the on-line racing side we will need you to complete 3 time trials. This is necessary so that we can give you a division placement based on your skill level.

Worth noting that even though we insist on a minimum of 3 time trials you can start joining in with the on-line races straight away and don't need to wait until you get your division placement.

I'm sure you'll have more question and if so then please post here and we'll do what we can to assist.:cheers:

Hi Chris, good to meet you. We have a thread that should get you started with some basic info and getting registered here - > Registration

Once you have registered you will be eligible to participate in our on-line races and time trials. Even if you are only interested in the on-line racing side we will need you to complete 3 time trials. This is necessary so that we can give you a division placement based on your skill level.

Worth noting that even though we insist on a minimum of 3 time trials you can start joining in with the on-line races straight away and don't need to wait until you get your division placement.

I'm sure you'll have more question and if so then please post here and we'll do what we can to assist.:cheers:

Thanks

OK so I registered now how do I do my time attack or time trials thanks

Time trials are posted in this forum. A new one is put up Sunday and runs for 8 days. The latest one is here - Week 38 Before you start please make sure you read the entire post as it tells you about all of the rules, regulation and requirements for that Time Trial including deadlines

You can start posting in the Week 38 TT thread as soon as you want and please do post splits as per the thread. You can post as many times as you like and we have no issues about multiple posts in our WRS forums.

Feel free to post questions about the TT in the TT thread and we'll assist as soon as we can.

One more bit of info, you do not have to do your TT's back to back, you can pick and chose but put your best effort in as the first three will determine where you are ranked.

Last edited:
Hello, My name is Joe. My PSN id is Pigpen13. I'm new to GTP. Looking forward to racing with everyone. I just figured out my registration. I'm an old guy so, getting that figured out was an accomplishment for me. See you on the track.

We like old guys Joe, I'm one too and there are a few of us the wrong side of 60 :). Welcome to the WRS and please feel free to ask questions if you need help or advice with anything.

Looking forward to running with you :cheers:

Hello, My name is Joe. My PSN id is Pigpen13. I'm new to GTP. Looking forward to racing with everyone. I just figured out my registration. I'm an old guy so, getting that figured out was an accomplishment for me. See you on the track.

Welcome Joe

We like old guys Joe, I'm one too and there are a few of us the wrong side of 60 :). Welcome to the WRS and please feel free to ask questions if you need help or advice with anything.

Looking forward to running with you :cheers:

Wrong side of 60 maybe Mike but the right side of 70, not like that old 🤬
he'll be bound to comment soon. :)

Back