New Tokyo 800PP race broken on PS4?

• Thread starter eXtender
  • 30 comments
Germany
Germany
A couple of folks over on reddit have the new Tokyo 800PP race crashing on them on PS4, mostly during loading after the race.
Personally it works fine for me, but I'm on PS5.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this out of interest.

Could any PS4 players please let me know if it works al right for them, or are there any PS5 players for whom it crashes as well?

Thanks & cheers. :)

yep - just hangs before the credits screen... reboot and you do get the credits but it's a bit of a pain...

PS4 occasionally does it on the Spa 1 hour and to a lesser extent Le Mans 30 mins as well... Been like it since those races were introduced and never been fixed so not sure whether they'll bother fixing Tokyo...

Happened to me too. Sardegna as well. Pretty sure I got CRB at both but couldn't see. I didn't pay close atttention to my credits because I wasn't expecting an issue.

Last edited:
yep - just hangs before the credits screen... reboot and you do get the credits but it's a bit of a pain...

PS4 occasionally does it on the Spa 1 hour and to a lesser extent Le Mans 30 mins as well... Been like it since those races were introduced and never been fixed so not sure whether they'll bother fixing Tokyo...
Never experienced that freezing at Spa or Le Mans in my PS4 Pro. I didn't updated the game yet, but now I'm worried this can happen.

I'm on PS4 Slim. At the end of my session yesterday (the new menu book races and the other 2 new races worked) i did the Tokyo 800pp race and after the result screen - before the credits screen appears - the game freezes. I started new (credits were there and race was won) and did the 30 min "Circuit de la Sarthe" Grinding race 2 times... and it did the freezing 2 times.

I had something new and strange happen at Tokyo during the 600pp 12 lap race. On lap 8 I got the "wifi connection has been lost" message. I quit rather than do 4 more laps. When I exited I found out I'd not lost connection at all. That's the first time that message has been wrong.

[PS5] I've gotten a slow loading screen POST race (that means after the race). Only happens when I crash the TOMA hard on the straightaway (tokyo) crossing the finish line. Maybe its because the car collides with a bunch of other cars...

Last edited:
A quick update mates, yesterday i ran at Spa to test (1 hour), and after the race concluded, there was just a black screen, after showing the results.

The traditional celebrations pictures of the driver beside the car or in the pits didn't load. I switched it off and went to bed.

I'll be testing more races, and missions, and update again.

I just saw this
Oh, they added it to the "Known Issues" that are "planned to be solved with a future update",
how very generous of them. A+ customer service right there! :indiff:

Thanks for the heads up, and to everyone else who so far contributed to my very first thread here! :bowdown::cheers:👍

Last edited:
They want us to buy the microtransactions. I have grinded enough credits, so i won't ruine my PS4 and do only small races where i know that it works (e.g. 5 laps Truck Race on Daytona Oval). Or time trials.
But between the lines i recognice that PD has no hurry to fix it soon.

Back