• Thread starter Keef
  • 3 comments

Keef

Premium
United States
Dayton, OH
GTP_KeefRacer
GTP Keef
Since the various Nissan threads we've got can hardly garner more than a couple pages of interest, and the last Armada facelift got two comments worth of interest, I think it's high time we centralize Nissan news like we've done with Infiniti. And this time we've got big news! Literally massive news, as in full-size SUV news, because of course giant off-road trucks are what the people want these days. In other parts of the world this is actually rather important news!

The 2025 Nissan Patrol/Armada has been unveiled with a twin-turbo V6, and in North American an off-road ready Pro-4X trim level. A welcome change since technically the Armada has always had off-road chops, it just wasn't hardcore enough to compete with the added equipment that every other manufacturer offered. The Toyota Sequoia always suffered from this problem as well, but now the Nissan Armada is in the running again, competing against the Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro, upcoming Ford Expedition Tremor, and Tahoe Z71.

Autoblog article.

NISSAN_USA_SLT_0971-copy.jpg

NISSAN_USA_SLT_0931-copy.jpg

NISSAN_USA_SLT_0839-copy.jpg

Side note: These are some of the worst press photos I've ever seen. Like they were taken for a high school photography class or something.

Anyway, they're kind of leaning into the Patrol thing but not much. There is 1951 badging on the truck, and the little grille accents that are retro, but they couldn't go as far as changing the name to Patrol. Besides that, it's a Nissan. Best part about it is probably that higher clearance front bumper which is a great idea.

Last edited:
These are some of the worst press photos I've ever seen. Like they were taken for a high school photography class or something.
The funny part is that some of the photos were taken at the same location as the Wagoneer press photos

Nissan: Hey fam, we got a new car coming out and need ideas on press photos
Stellantis: Sure thing, just don't copy too closely

Honestly that was probably an efficient trip for both companies. They rented the house not only for shoots but for the crew to stay in while they were shooting.

Clearly it was Nissan's photographer's first time out of the house.

Back