• Thread starter Joylord
  • 46 comments

Joylord

Exclusive track creator
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
Hi everyone.

I have been impressed with wheels locking up under braking or unloaded wheels locking up, so I would like to start a thread with your pictures of no ABS action.

So this would be the place to show them off.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Those are some very cool pictures there! I don't race without ABS, but I might give it a go again and I'll upload them gems here!

Thanks Bo. here are some more pics.

picture.php

There’s a nice bump just before the braking zone in turn one on Tsukuba Circuit.
picture.php

This one you can see the different speeds the wheels are turning. This game is getting better and better for me.
picture.php

picture.php

The pressure was on.​

Last edited:
I had to give this a try, so I had some fun shooting @Eiger. Really wanted to capture a wheel locking ...
Cobani_28_No_ABS_01.jpg

After that I saw this and had to to take the shot.
Cobani_28_No_ABS_02.jpg

Some great photos here guys, and mmbm81, all of those three posts are the exact same photo. And the link on the 3rd is broken but you can bring it up by copying the image URL into a new tab.

I can see by the marks that you went deep, for me this is the best way to enjoy driving with no abs; a race car with good levels of grip. Did you win?
Unfortunately I was too nervous. I managed to take 5th place. I love driving without ABS in any car in GT5. In this way is a different game for me.

picture.php

Joined a shuffle race and couldn't adjust the abs before the race and there was no time to adjust when the race had started and the rear just locked up on me. And I was in for chance of a good finish.
picture.php

Did the online FR 500pp event with a standard FT86 concept
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

My favorite track is the 'Ring, and the two coolest places to see no ABS effects are jumping into the Karussell:
FGT-karrussel-FL-lock.jpg

..and landing after Pflanzgarten 1:
69-Z28RM-brakelock-sprunghug.jpg

Sorry about the quality, will try to get full photo mode pics next time :)

Last edited:
Don’t apologise for the quality, the picture with the displays up is great it shows which wheel is looking up and how hard you’re on the brake. Great stuff.

That GTR's Sports hard tires are a bit more prone to smokage, than what's on your race car, I'll bet.

I lifted off of the brake sooner. However, when I said

"Same corner, different angle, different result," I meant that the photos look entirely different, because of the different filters. I don't mean any inference that I'm faster, or a better driver. I'm just saying that "These two photos look different."

I lifted off of the brake sooner. However, when I said

"Same corner, different angle, different result," I meant that the photos look entirely different, because of the different filters. I don't mean any inference that I'm faster, or a better driver. I'm just saying that "These two photos look different."

Whoa, I wasn't commenting on driving skill or anything of that nature, either.

I was simply noting that it's easier to lock up with Sports hard tires then with Racing hard, thus the comment about being prone to smoking.

Back