Nothing.

• Thread starter KudosM4
  • 60 comments
Was expecting a comment on the car. I got greeted with a reply which actually makes total sense. I see what you mean. Kind of. Okay I don't.

Despite the fact, the name sounds like it's stolen from a mid 90s computer. The M4 does look great, especially when painted in that blue colour.

Looks good! Once you get the black rims it will look great!

Steering wheel heating? (Is that a normal thing?)
A lot of new cars have it as an extra. So when you're driving in cold conditions, you don't need gloves or anything, as the wheel would be warm.

Today, I came home to my Gloss Black M Performance grills but then I opened the boxes up
frown.gif

BMW are sending me the correct items special delivery tomorrow morning

The side gills are on backorder at the moment so not sure when they will arrive..

Nice car. Already some nice upgrades planned as I see. Keep it up with the updates 👍

Congrats on the purchase! Looks like you're already going to town on modifying little bits on your car; should look good once it's done!

Congrats on the purchase! Looks like you're already going to town on modifying little bits on your car; should look good once it's done!
Thanks! And yeah. I'm trying keep it OEM parts. I'm not really up for Aftermarket kits, and wings. My old E92 was kept OEM parts yet looked meaner than when I first purchased it. Here's a couple of pics;
DD310A9D-5595-45DE-B5DE-6E42F9007F76_zps4ugv7mni.jpg
905A0F3B-E79F-4C7D-9C48-612920D010B5_zps4qcuoogo.jpg
220A7643-98B5-466E-83B2-63E84D6C2D71_zps157la97j.jpg

Today was a productive day - got my spacers fitted and also fitted the M Performance front grills

Gave it a wash too

and one of the Rear Camera and 'M View' on HUD

The rear end look really beefy now

I think pushing the wheels out has accentuated the need for a drop though, although I'll judge that after next weekend when the rest of the M Performance kit goes on.

One thing about the M4 that has been bugging me has been the ride height. Its just too high for my liking and feels a bit 'floaty'

However, I love the Adaptive Suspension which really does make a difference in ride quality in each setting- Comfort - Sport - Sport Plus

I didn't want to lose this functionality so a coilover kit was not on the agenda for me.

I researched long and hard to see what options were out there, it boiled down to the following options:

Litchfield - a very good drop and good reviews on comfort/ride quality, however very expensive for just springs

Eibach - never really been a fan of Eibach on any of my previous M's. I found H&R's a better ride and drop on my E92 M3

H&R Sport - The drop at the back is more than the front and IMO looks odd, otherwise would be the way to go

H&R Supersport - Looks great, but the front is low and I don't want to slow down for every bump to a crawl as I will be running the M Performance splitter

This process of elimination has led me to the KW H.A.S kit which allows for height adjustment and slips onto the OE dampers and therefore keeps full Adaptive Suspension capability.

kw_suspension_coilover_spring_sleeve_kit_1_1_1_2_1.jpg

The kit allows for a 5-25mm drop front and rear

A few members have been very helpful and have compared the H&R's with this kit and commented that the KW's ride a lot better, handle better and overall the best option currently for the F82 M4

They arrive this week so once fitted I will do a proper review.

Love your car! Great choice on the colour and the M performance parts. :bowdown:

Maybe an Akrapovic exhaust system in the future? ;)
That's a possibility. But I'm just getting the M Performance cosmetics done first.

Back