Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

8'05.118 - BL - Lotus Elise 111S '03 - S2

Again with a Lotus, and again not beating the ghost, (YouTube video to follow with drive view and replay view, both with ghost).

The ghost time is 8'03.590, but I went too deep at Wehrseifen, (at 2'50), and lost 1.7s, which lasted to the end.

Another error is at 1'03 where I wandered 2 wheels off and it wasn't even a turn. DUH! At least it did not cost time.

I also hit the curb too hard at Adenauer Forst, (1'48). It did not touch the grass because two wheels were in the air, (slow).

There was also brief insignificant 2-wheel grass contact at 5'18 and at 5'34.

The drive lap is not perfect, but the ghost shows that the small errors were not to advantage. In fact, ghost errors were not repeated in the drive, and time was not made up by the drive car. Separate small errors were made by the drive car, as noted, and time was not made against the ghost.

Anyway, because it is not pristine, I post it conditionally that if another driver posts a close-but-slower time with video and claims the lead because of a clean lap, I will withdraw this time.

Other than the exceptions noted above, this lap is very clean and it most turns do not use curbs, (occasional full use of curbs).

Step up Lotus fans!! Clearly lower times are possible!

On to the 111R!

Here is the Lotus 111s video with replay view and a ghost.

This is the video for the time and explanation provided at message #513, above.

The ghost does 8'03.590, but this drive posts 8'05.118 because the ghost has errors, and the ghost was faster.

I wanted to get a submission time in the 8'03 range, but it did not work out. This submission time is still almost 15s lower than the next time for this car.

I want more people to drive Lotus!

7'47.197 - BL - Lotus Elise 111R '04 - S2

I wasn't planning to drive fast, it just happened. I only have the replay view and there is no ghost in this video.

It includes two events where rubber no longer has contact with curb, (onto the grass). Each time it is brief and the tire is not more than a tire width from the curb. It happens at 4:57 and 5:29.

There are times where the tire is on the curb and it overhangs onto the grass. This happens at 2:42, 6:24 and 6:40.

At 4:03 the tires are on the curb and the bricks end, and it briefly touches grass on the way back to the track - but that is just me being picky.

Otherwise very very clean, smooth, and I haven't been able to repeat it because it is too fast. Good luck.

I just realized that this is a silent video. I will figure out why and fix it for next time.

Just got "the old" GT4 out and checked some replays,then went looking for this thread. Tried changing colours in edit wasn't working, how is this done?

I've got times from the Aussie competiters (being from Aus) Holden SS ,Ford FPV GT, standard cars (no power up weght down)less than a quarter on a sec. different 7.43.169-7.43.393 honours goes to Holden:):):)👍👍

Last edited:
6.36.608zed300AMG190ETourerR3

6.26.718zed300BMW M3 GTR Race CarR3

5.34.044zed300Minolta c-v88Race CarR3

And my favourite7.18.324zed300350ZS2this was with power up and weight down one of the GT4 challenges from about 3 years ago.

Obviously I worked the colour coding out.

Last edited:
8'02.342 - Thirdeye - Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 - S2

Unfortunately I forgot to do the -10% weight, it was at 0% weight, so the time could be improved some. Fairly smooth lap and a fun car to drive.

I remember doing 8''15.something in a Mazda RX-7.

8'23.274 - Nuclearfire - DMC DeLoren S2 '04 - S2

7'52.700 - Nuclearfire - Lotus Esprit V8 '02 - S2

8'14.553 - Nuclearfire - Caterham Seven Fire Blade '02 - S2

Hello everyone. I don't know if it matters much but I am back. So I will try and update the leaderboard with all of the new time from when I was here last time.

I don't even have a PS2 (or 3) anymore :sad: but it's good to have you back either way

Hello everyone. I don't know if it matters much but I am back. So I will try and update the leaderboard with all of the new time from when I was here last time.

Welcome back.

Well, I still DO have my PS2's. No PS3 before GT5. Have to think about what car I'd like to post a laptime with … :D

Back