Old submarine game?

Scotland
Scotland
just wondering if anyone can help me out,about 7 years ago i remembered playing an american submarine game.It was like watching a movie and it would stop every so often and give you a multiple choice question about what you wanted to do.
I can remember it having a red case but thats about it,anyone maybe know what it was called?

I played 688 on my Genesis. It was awesome, even though it was a bit too difficult for me at the time, I was only 10 years old.

haha I remember that game so well, used to play it with my dad, he loves submarines so... it was so fun :D

no it wasnt the jane's one or fast attack.

You didnt have control over the submarine as you would in a normal game but you were the skipper of the sub and had to make the choices and the in game people did it for you.It basicly wasnt a pc game as we know it (with graphics) but like watching a movie and it would stop every so often asking what you would want to do.

Red case, like a movie... did they ever make a game version of Hunt For Red October?

Red case, like a movie... did they ever make a game version of Hunt For Red October?

they did way back in the days of the Spectrum :lol: deffo wasnt the red october as thats one of my favourite all time films and i would have remembered if it was. :)

You're talking about Silent Steel. I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this game, and started searching the internet for it. I came across this thread in the search and after finding the info I thought i would join and post it on here for you. Anyway, I know i would appreciate the help so i'm sure you do as well. Take care and enjoy!

Here's a link to more info on the game just to confirm we're talking about the same thing.
http://www.subsim.com/ssr/steel.html

--Brandon

You're talking about Silent Steel. I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this game, and started searching the internet for it. I came across this thread in the search and after finding the info I thought i would join and post it on here for you. Anyway, I know i would appreciate the help so i'm sure you do as well. Take care and enjoy!

Here's a link to more info on the game just to confirm we're talking about the same thing.
http://www.subsim.com/ssr/steel.html

--Brandon

yep thats it! thanks :D now to find somewhere that still sells it :lol:

I only remember Silent Service II... used to have it on my 386 some 15 years ago. It was surprisingly addictive.

Silent Hunter games you REALLY have to immerse yourself into to do well at. I bought a copy of the 3rd game for my dad and I have the odd go on it and its not something you can pick up and just play away. Got to practise your torpedo runs, but when you do sink an enemy its a great feeling.

Back