Original 'Elenor' Mustang...

• Thread starter paulfindon
  • 44 comments
I think that the 1974 version of Gone In 60 Seconds is the better movie of the two. I mean I like both movies, but that 40 minute chase scene at the end of the 74 version is hard to beat. During the chase when the car gets spun into a light pole, that was not supposed to happen. Toby was trying to go for an off ramp at a high rate of speed and clipped another car, sending him into the light pole.

I have that Mach 1 tuned out with Aero package modern wheels and tires and it looks pretty sweet. I easily beats all of the American Muscle car races including B-Spec.

If i remember correctly the Police, Fire, Ambulance and public were played by them selves.

There was a scene with an 'EAGLE' kit car of some sort, which was in fact on a test drive from a sports car dealership. He just went in and posed as a customer took it for a test drive and used it for filming instead lol.

The other thing that was good with the film was instead of having a string of the same cars incase one broke the same car was used through out. When the car spins out and hits the lamp post on the free way it does rip the front wheel off. After he regained conciousness it was repaired and filming carried on......

Just goes to show they dont make movies and movie stars like they used too lol:)
I haven't seen that movie in maybe 5 or 10 years but I remember the bright orange Manta. Is that the one your talking about?
Awesome movie. New one was ok, much more theatrics but the chase seen will never live up to the original.

Yeah I wish Ford wasn't shafted in this game. It wouldn't be as annoying if there weren't 20 different models of some of the same cars, with the same specs.

Plus there are a lot of different Mustangs that should've been included. Especially since they had the old Mach 1, they should've put in the new edge as well.

I mean who wouldn't want a Premium version of the new edge as well to look over this gorgeous shaker?
2jag4yp.jpg

That was the one in the Nicolas Cage film 'Gone in 60 seconds'.

The Original 1974 H B Halicki's movie was with a 71 Mach One, If you ever get the chance to see it SEE IT!

It has one of the best chase and crash scenes ever..... especially if you love big ass american cars:)

Half of the movie is indeed a chase, in that time biggest and most expensive chase...

very nice forgotten cars in that movie too. Definately go SEE it!!!

Isn't the original Eleanor a '67 Shelby GT 500?

Yes it is. I picked one that looks like her last night. Don't remember the year off the top of my head. Once I'm on I 'll post it up, I believe it was a 65 or 66 though. Needless to say I was shocked.👍

Just picked up this Camaro 1969 the other day and Race moded this bitch. Car is freakin insane. Kept the horses at 400 BHP. A FREAKIND BEAST
suzuka10.jpg

This isnt really an iconic Mustang so it makes sense that its not in the game as premium......or at all............................this better be a DLC

Bullitt_mustang.JPG

Ok so I've gone back in and looked. The car I found in the used lot was a 1965 Shelby GT350 R, it's white with blue stripes, 287 HP. Has anyone else come across this car?

Ok so I've gone back in and looked. The car I found in the used lot was a 1965 Shelby GT350 R, it's white with blue stripes, 287 HP. Has anyone else come across this car?

Yeah i have. Didn`t have enough free room with money to be able to buy it :grumpy:

Latest Posts

Back